[Fired] Woodcroft is done in Edmonton

Goalie29

The Oilers really need someone to clean up their defensive structure, but in the end, it comes down to goaltending. I don't care who your coach is, if both your keepers have a sub .900 save percentage, you're going to lose most of your games.

There's an old saying that goes something like "Show me a team with a great goaltender and I'll show you a team with a great coach"....Unfortunately for Woody, the opposite is true as well...

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

The Oilers really need someone to clean up their defensive structure, but in the end, it comes down to goaltending. I don't care who your coach is, if both your keepers have a sub .900 save percentage, you're going to lose most of your games.

There's an old saying that goes something like "Show me a team with a great goaltender and I'll show you a team with a great coach"....Unfortunately for Woody, the opposite is true as well...

Just look at the sieve that now minds the net in Bakersfield, which the Abby Canucks ventilated last night, and the night before.

8 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

It would be funny to see as McWhiner and Drai wake up tonight and score 2 goals/4 points each.

Didn’t consult with players…(to absolve McDrai) but then “he did have conversations with some vets.”
Who? Foegele & Ceci?

Also new fall guy what’shisKnob says team is under too much pressure. Wilting under pressure is not a good sign for a team with Stanley Cup aspirations.

• ThereItIs 1

On 11/13/2023 at 9:27 AM, Mando27 said:

Nothing will change until Mcdavid stops acting like a child.

They really need a guy like Sutter to tell him he needs to start playing like a man if he wants to stay out of the press box.  Hold that gutless coward accountable and it makes coaching the rest easier.

On 11/13/2023 at 1:19 PM, 4petesake said:

Didn’t consult with players…(to absolve McDrai) but then “he did have conversations with some vets.”
Who? Foegele & Ceci?

Also new fall guy what’shisKnob says team is under too much pressure. Wilting under pressure is not a good sign for a team with Stanley Cup aspirations.

Oilers are all good now, I have watched enough Sportsnet today to see that. Lol. All the love for their darling teams Edmonton and Toronto. I remember all that love when Tochett turned the Canucks around last year.....not.

• ThereItIs 2