[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens // November 12, 2023

Rubik

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And honestly it seems like 90% of the challenges for offside don't work. What is lame is when you know it's onside and you challenge it anyways.

Does an unsuccessful challenge lead to a delay of game penalty? Or just loss of the timeout?

• ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, AussieCanuckinUK said:

Animated GIF

Nice bounce back win, even if two of the goals were empty netters 😜...but it certainly shows that they are more mentally resilient than last year...so hopefully any real low points will be short lived... and we all know that there will be low points 

Remember all the records we were setting last year for the number of multiple-goal leads given up?  

Yeah, things are different this year 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He does good if he stays in his quarter of the ice. His coaches have taught him good. Keep it simple.

Yep.  Seems impossible for him to reach his draft potential, but he knows what to do and has enough skill to have a role in the league.

As so many have said here, he isn't a 6M player anymore, but he is worthy of 2.5-3M, or IMO up to 4M (on a shorter deal) if he can bring it in the playoffs where penalties are rarer and he can successfully throw his weight and use his size like he should be able to.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, snowman955 said:

Not missed a game in years. He doesnt have it anymore.

Not disagreeing about his latest game. I just believe it's time for the bench for a bit.

Yes you can say l have nothing left for him. His history dictates that.

Again, you need to tell Tocchet that.  He is under the obvious misapprehension that Myers has been one of our best D-men these last 5 or 6 games

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Oh right, we lost a game, tear it down, wait we won one again plan the parade.. 

In order to view CFF properly, you have to learn to differentiate between the two main categories of members:

1. The dejected losers who see the sky about to fall etc, and think they know everything.

2. The hockey intelligentsia that actually do know all, see all, and enjoy themselves all the time.

Choose carefully, which do you fit into?

But don't worry, we've still got lots of room on the wagon if you see the light.

bandwagon-jump-on-the-bandwagon.gifget-with-the-sign-five

40 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

They HAVE to be able to call back the close ones just as much as the obvious ones. The line is the line is the line. I understand your position and dislike for it but there's no acceptable alternative. To satisfy your point, you'd need to suggest what they should or shouldn't call instead and there can be no gray area where something as basic as an offside is concerned. It's likely the simplest call to get right thanks to the technology we have.

1:14... 'despite having a couple players who are only just now learning how to skate" lmfao

Juulsen played parts of a couple seasons for Mtl so it was (at least partly) a classy coaches decision by Toc. EDIT - Oh and, as illustrated by other posts, your Meyers take is miles off. I was gonna ask what games you've been watching but others beat me to it

I think one of you misquoted the other there or something at some point before the knives came out. Put it behind ya. Just a game. Blah blah bla

GCG!!

Honestly I'd like to see them put the genie back in the bottle and get rid of the video reviews on offside. It slows the game down, very seldom do you see a really egregious call missed anyway. And it takes the excitement out of goals scored because you're always waiting for the "goal is under review" call.   Video review has its place and its important to the game.  But the offside reviews have gotten to the point of bring ridiculous.  Being an inch offside shouldn't negate a goal if the ref didn't see it on real time. The nhl survived damn near 100 years without video reviews of offside 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DelPiLeo said:

So glad to have a very solid backup goalie this season.

He didn't steal the game but we couldn't get the result tonight without his solid performance.

Yea that was a magical trade. Dumping Pearson and getting a solid backup back. 

Oilers would be all over DeSmith right now. 

• Cheers 1

Love how this team finds ways to bounce back after bad performances. 

Last year I remember when the losing just wouldn't stop and we wouldn't be able to get out of our funk. 

Have a short memory and move on.

That's how we've been doing it this year and I think it shows improvements on the mental side with this team.

This will be crucial for us come *knock on wood* playoff time 🤭

Edited by HuggyCareBear
  • Vintage 1

Just shows that we can play b2b and not look tired, great game all around, should have blown them out if not for Allen.

Two relatively easy teams next but the b2b and travel will hurt, we really want to squash these teams though. Miller vs Bo will be juicy and then of course the Flames is always a good rivalry. I wonder if we should go with DeSmith for NYI and then Demko for Calgary?