[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens // November 12, 2023

Rubik

2 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Honestly I'd like to see them put the genie back in the bottle and get rid of the video reviews on offside. It slows the game down, very seldom do you see a really egregious call missed anyway. And it takes the excitement out of goals scored because you're always waiting for the "goal is under review" call.   Video review has its place and its important to the game.  But the offside reviews have gotten to the point of bring ridiculous.  Being an inch offside shouldn't negate a goal if the ref didn't see it on real time. The nhl survived damn near 100 years without video reviews of offside 

Microchip

Get all of it cleared instantly,  no reviews at all. Goal lines too.

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Didn't a lot of people scratch their heads when they drafted Slafkovsky? I know I sure did.

Who knows at this point the Top 4 picks aren't exactly making an impact yet. Though it seems the one with the most potential now is Logan Cooley. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Two out of three ain’t bad for a road trip - honestly tho they coulda taken Toronto yesterday - T had so many lucky bounces… I think only like one of their goals was legit

Oh and Toronto blows dead bears 

Meat Loaf Singer GIF by NPO Radio 2

• Haha 2

Just now, canucks curse said:

yes he's injured, that is his left hand bandaged up and on a play in the 2nd when classic EP40 would have tried to roof it from in tight he deked and made a back hand pass to Brock, he has had wrist injuries in the past, I wonder if he gets a game or 2 off or a maintenance day ??? fingers crossed its not too bad.

• Sad 2
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

yes he's injured, that is his left hand bandaged up and on a play in the 2nd when classic EP40 would have tried to roof it from in tight he deked and made a back hand pass to Brock, he has had wrist injuries in the past, I wonder if he gets a game or 2 off or a maintenance day ??? fingers crossed its not too bad.

Crap - whoever slashed his wrist…

Dog GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

He complains that this team has no window because they didn't properly rebuild.  Guess what, if you burned it to the ground there is no guarantee of a cup window either.

We have all the things he wants... Even going to the bottom doesn't guarantee us Bedard or similar...

We've got the corner stones, or as good as we were likely to get, if we dropped there. Tbh the morale end of season victories, while frustrating at the time to many, didn't change much...

Unreal to hear somebody complain, while the team is at the best run like forever... talk about bad timing or lack of awareness... 🙄

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, Devron said:

I agree they suck, it’s like you can’t celebrate a goal until the faceoff at Center sometimes. 

Can't really have it both ways though...

Its really frustrating to lose a game, where, you afterwards see, its a clear off side... I know, I have lamented numerous refs for calls missed 🙂

In soccer it's the same. It's created by fans and press alike, and the focus on referees and missed calls. Now they get the calls correct right down to where the question is did he cut his toe nails this morning.... And its so annoying sitting waiting for confirmation for 2-4min, while they figure it out...

It actually takes out the spirit of the game, I think, but you can't have it both ways....

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, gwarrior said:

This was a great bounce back game after last night. I would love it if we gave DeSmith a 1 or 2 year extension. Been awhile since we had a capable back up.

If he keep this kind of number up, he will likely be too expensive... Can see Oilers phoning Canucks already.... let alone offering him a fat check in the off season.