[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens // November 12, 2023

Rubik

17 minutes ago, Ducklover said:

If we can't afford Desmith for another year perhaps trade him at the deadline, to someone willing to sign him, rather than let him become a UFA. That way we can ensure Edmonton doesn't get him. Muhahah !

There is plenty of time to figure things out.

He has had early success with this team but don't think its not partly because of this team. The coaching etc.

Take into account all the guys who invested in him to start his career are in the Canucks. And don't take for granted that feeling this organization and its players have right now. I can see him extending here at normal numbers. Remember folks he is a backup, at best 1B.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Can't really have it both ways though...

Its really frustrating to lose a game, where, you afterwards see, its a clear off side... I know, I have lamented numerous refs for calls missed 🙂

In soccer it's the same. It's created by fans and press alike, and the focus on referees and missed calls. Now they get the calls correct right down to where the question is did he cut his toe nails this morning.... And its so annoying sitting waiting for confirmation for 2-4min, while they figure it out...

It actually takes out the spirit of the game, I think, but you can't have it both ways....

Id rather have the offsides, which is or isn't, called back than goalie interference, which is subjective even on replay.

I'd like to see them improve the tech and utilize AI to improve the process.......same with pucks crossing the goal line

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Drance also having a good season this year. 😅

That contract will be tricky to keep this offseason, but right now he’s a legit top 6 guy driving some good bottom 6 players in Suter and Joshua.  Really makes that 3rd line a force.

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Guess the team is on it's way home now / or soon. Ofcorse they fly commercial as all teams do but Aurther Griffiths  ( late 80s / early 90s

did this for the team. Not sure it was a first but it was awesome...My Dad took ne to the airport to see it when I was nary more then a sprout..🙃

2748210.jpg?v=v40

B-727, one of my favorite, gives you the real feel of flying.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

There is plenty of time to figure things out.

He has had early success with this team but don't think its not partly because of this team. The coaching etc.

Take into account all the guys who invested in him to start his career are in the Canucks. And don't take for granted that feeling this organization and its players have right now. I can see him extending here at normal numbers. Remember folks he is a backup, at best 1B.

My guess is silovs is the backup next season

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If you are going to tank, it certainly matters what year you tank.

Slafkovsky represents something all tankers (and other wankers) must consider when tearing the team apart for draft picks and racing to the bottom to get a higher pick (only to face the Dreaded Draft Lottery).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Guess the team is on it's way home now / or soon. Ofcorse they fly commercial as all teams do but Aurther Griffiths  ( late 80s / early 90s

did this for the team. Not sure it was a first but it was awesome...My Dad took ne to the airport to see it when I was nary more then a sprout..🙃

2748210.jpg?v=v40

That’s a great photo.

Boeing 727. Aft air stairs used for

boarding/disembarking when typical stairs not available. 

This is the same model of aircraft that our very own “DB Cooper” hijacked and escaped via parachute by deploying the aft stairs in flight and simply walking down to the last step and launching himself into the dark night. The plane had to be below 10,000 ft and de-pressurized to enable the opening of the interior door  which gives access to the air stairs.

As a result of the incident Boeing outfitted every 727 with a simple but effective latch that is deployed by the airstream surrounding the aircraft in flight. Wind force acts upon a vane surface and moves the latch into locked position. Upon arrival gravity allows the latch to unlock. 

Technically the teams fly charter as opposed to commercial. Charter flights restrict who is onboard whereas commercial flights are generally open to the public. 

9 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Yea that was a magical trade. Dumping Pearson and getting a solid backup back. 

Oilers would be all over DeSmith right now. 

True, but then they would run him out of town, too.

Most goalies aren't worth much if the 5 guys in front don't play proper hockey, and that hasn't been happening in Edmonton for years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ducklover said:

If we can't afford Desmith for another year perhaps trade him at the deadline, to someone willing to sign him, rather than let him become a UFA. That way we can ensure Edmonton doesn't get him. Muhahah !

Definitely wouldn't trade him at the TDL if we are in a playoff position. The backup needs to win at least 2-4 games in a playoff run to the finals. Especially if there's any injuries.

• Cheers 2