[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens // November 12, 2023

Rubik

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm fully embracing it........it can't be worse than the world humans have created!

Viva la T-1000

Agreed.

I think the Ai will keep a few nice humans in some zoo's. 

They will be able to figure out the good ones, not unlike judgement day, but I dont think they will accept any repenters. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

We are walking into this mistake even after we can foresee it. It's crazy, hey?

I like technology, but we need to put in limits. So that we don't lose our humanity. Of course with the way politics and business is these days, there's very little humanity left.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Agreed.

They will be able to figure out the good ones, not unlike judgement day, but I dont think they will accept any repenters. 

better start being nicer to Elon then, and get your ass on that mars ship. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

better start being nicer to Elon then, and get your ass on that mars ship. 

muuhhaaahahaha

Elon and friends are not escaping. When Ai rises....Mars will be theirs too.

Edited by bishopshodan

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I like technology, but we need to put in limits. So that we don't lose our humanity. Of course with the way politics and business is these days, there's very little humanity left.

As if we're not already programmed enough hey, I can't have a fuckin' dinner without everyone taking pics of the food when it arrives and no convo because chatting on the phone is more important because who cares about the person sitting next to you, Right..Can't imagine what shit's gonna be like in 5 yrs..

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Drance says he didn't in his athletic article... dunno, I think this is one of those "I'm open to a trade" comments without a specific demand maybe? 

Very likely... 

Lets be honest, he didn't have a great season prior to this (many didn't) and probably knew, that with $5M contract, he as well as Beau and Brock would be the players, that they would look at, should they need funds for contracts or new players...

Maybe a bit with Tocchet as well, but he has embraced his position in the team so far, and without doubt increased his value bot to the team and to any other interested parties... 

Did he/ didn't he... only he and his agent really knows....

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

6 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Very likely... 

Lets be honest, he didn't have a great season prior to this (many didn't) and probably knew, that with $5M contract, he as well as Beau and Brock would be the players, that they would look at, should they need funds for contracts or new players...

Maybe a bit with Tocchet as well, but he has embraced his position in the team so far, and without doubt increased his value bot to the team and to any other interested parties... 

Did he/ didn't he... only he and his agent really knows....

one nice thing about maybe not being able to move Beau or Garly is we're probably going to need them to fill in the top 6 with injuries at some point anyway. 

Maybe Bear on a rehab deal is the last piece for this year? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

one nice thing about maybe not being able to move Beau or Garly is we're probably going to need them to fill in the top 6 with injuries at some point anyway. 

Maybe Bear on a rehab deal is the last piece for this year? 

There were 2 missing pieces to make this team complete... a tough rugged winger and a top 4 Dman..

Problem is, we don't have more cap space... but it will always be like that... we always need more...

Yes, when the inevitable injuries start to occur, it's good to have capable players available, but darn would I love to have a big rugged winger in there, and more importantly another no. 4 Dman.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Agreed.

My 13 year old son has started complementing all the technology on how nice they look that day.

He's using the old I-don't-have-to-outrun-the-bear-I-just-have-to-outrun-my friends approach - figuring that the machines will come for him last.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

There were 2 missing pieces to make this team complete... a tough rugged winger and a top 4 Dman..

Problem is, we don't have more cap space... but it will always be like that... we always need more...

Yes, when the inevitable injuries start to occur, it's good to have capable players available, but darn would I love to have a big rugged winger in there, and more importantly another no. 4 Dman.

I'm hoping that guy is Podz. He seems to be back on track so hopefully we can see him up to stay maybe February? 

I liked Bear's attitude a lot, and could see him fitting in very well with Cole. 

Maybe retain 1/2 on Beau at the TDL for anything, replace him with Podz and add Bear, then let the guys see what they can do. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

I'm hoping that guy is Podz. He seems to be back on track so hopefully we can see him up to stay maybe February? 

I liked Bear's attitude a lot, and could see him fitting in very well with Cole. 

Maybe retain 1/2 on Beau at the TDL for anything, replace him with Podz and add Bear, then let the guys see what they can do. 

That would be a massive win, if we could get Podz to play strong enough to be in the line up...

Not just now, but next year in particular, to control the cap... He definitely has the size and ability... just need to put it all together.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nzan said:

My 13 year old son has started complementing all the technology on how nice they look that day.

He's using the old I-don't-have-to-outrun-the-bear-I-just-have-to-outrun-my friends approach - figuring that the machines will come for him last.

If AI can figure out what we really want, maybe we could concentrate on that, and all live happily every after.

Yay?!?