[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens // November 12, 2023

Rubik

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

Not sure how that would work for offside, since it's the puck AND any part of the player (including skate blade) that are involved in the call.  But I think they can make it work for goals, and that would be awesome.

As an alternative, perhaps the league could auto-review each offside as they happen instead of waiting until the play stops, occasionally in time before the offside team scores

But, I'm not terribly against the current process (putting aside my penalties comment earlier).  I don't think it happens enough to be nuisance, especially with the penalty thrown in as a consequence of a failed challenge.

Like the line of scrimmage line in football. Camera sees when the puck crosses the blue line (by the chip). Line of scrimmage thing lights up, then see where the skate is.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Rekker said:

But, but, how's JT going to age?

Artificially, Intelligently, and like Bob's Luongwon told ya, Miller will age like a fine red:

image.png.aeb1a2c2afd11394787dd51f3e2cea5f.png

Domaine de la Romanée - Conti 1945 is the most expensive bottle of wine ever sold. It was sold in 2018 to an Asian collector for a whopping price of $558,000 at a Sotheby’s sale in New York. There were only 600 bottles made of the 1945 vintage and at this point very few are left. It is heralded as “the unicorn vintage”. The vineyards of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti are renowned for their highest quality standard of burgundy wines.

JT Miller-Unicorn: Wash that filthy mouth before SN gets The Soap!

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952fhiyxw25j8g74crivoy

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

He'll play out his contract, and at the end of it, everyone will say; How the hell did you play so well in your mid to upper 30,s

Book it..

But, but.....lol. JT is an absolute gem. Agreed. Imagine if he played for the Leafs!? We'd never hear the end of it. We paid a first and a third for JT right around the time the Leafs paid a first to get rid of one year of Marleau. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Was hearing that Woodcroft was trying to invoke a new defensive system and that was part of their demise.

Bringing RT to our team as late as they did had helped bring the defensive structure we now see work. The learning process started last year when games didn’t matter, a more important time to learn without the stress of needing to win.

Did we lose our a spot or two in the draft? Yeah we did but the rewards we now see show how that was worth it. 

#smartmoveRutherford

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

So, which is the key game, vs Islanders or vs Flames?

Lol ... I see what you did there. 

All are key games when our backup is playing. 

But ...

A victory over the Islanders is key to giving Horvat the necessary gears after his "free" comment.

And ...

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is beating the Flames ... again!

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Who comes up for Soucy? It’s going to be Wolanin, right?  

Hirose I’m sure is playing fine but doesn’t look like he’s doing much. 

Wolanin or Irwin would be my guess.

Wolanin makes the most sense though. Need guys that can skate and move the puck.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wolanin or Irwin would be my guess.

Wolanin makes the most sense though. Need guys that can skate and move the puck.

Yep that’s what I’d expect.  Pretty nice player to have for situations like this.

And should open up opportunity on the farm for the younger players while he’s gone.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

• Rubik changed the title to [PGT] Canucks @ Canadiens // November 12, 2023