[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens // November 12, 2023

Rubik

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

But, but, how's JT going to age?

Better than Horvat all his years to date, and well still ... going to bring that up.    Some players just need a shot.   Horvat has his now doesn't look like a PPG or a 100 point player.  Let alone a 120 point guy either.    Plus well no fly by's after the whistle and "that's a good team over there ".  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Rekker said:

It's moves like JT over Bo that are wins that are going to have to happen to get out from the OEL debacle. I loved Bo, didn't want him to leave, but can admit I was full on wrong. JT is the real deal and every winning team needs a JT. He's just huge for this team and the type of player that's just so difficult to aquire. 

I wanted Bo to sign and stay too.   It takes a village.   But never wavered on who I wanted more despite the age difference.   Also felt bad for Bo having to endure the Canucks, and wish him all the best. 

JT Miller is making a legacy for himself right now.    I hope that he can do what he wants "to win a cup with Vancouver".   

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

it's neat that the canucks have the NHL leading scorer but it's even more neat that he's been the team's fourth best player this year. 

This has been an incredible early start to the season. And one that Canucks fans are very deserving of after the last several tough years. Things are finally falling into place.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tas said:

it's neat that the canucks have the NHL leading scorer but it's even more neat that he's been the team's fourth best player this year. 

Yeah I keep thinking how incredible it is to see all of our stars playing well at the same time. It's like the stars are aligned or something. Usually, there's a... If only we could get player x and y going, it'll make our team even better etc. 

But seriously, not only our superstars playing well (Petey, Miller, Hughes, Demko) but the complimentary stars like Boeser, Hronek, Mik, Kuz are all playing well and then the bottom 6 guys are too including the rest of the defence. Everybody is contributing. No passengers here. 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Like the line of scrimmage line in football. Camera sees when the puck crosses the blue line (by the chip). Line of scrimmage thing lights up, then see where the skate is.

When I first read the microship post, I was thinking there would need to be chips all over the players, too, and that wouldn't be feasible, or likely perfectly accurate.  But chip in the puck mixed with video would be perfect, and could be done near real-time, and not involve challenges at all.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

I’ve said this many times and still strong believe it. JT Miller is the heart and soul of the team. 

IMG_5716.jpeg

Wait, I thought we got ripped off signing him? Oh wait, that's the Vancouver idiot media and those who follow them.. actually I was impressed someone got it right!! (Bob McKenzie)

Smart guy knowing we picked up a top 6 forward minimum but it didn't take rocket science, he looked great playing with Stamkos, like he belonged and had been doing it for years. Funny how many overlooked that detail or didn't even bother to look in the first place and followed the local media schmucks who were/are leading the masses.

Anyway, haters are gonna hate no matter what.. sucks to be them! 

J.T. Miller going to be out star 3rd line center.. yeah ok.. NOT! Lmao! 

Edited by iceman1964
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Looking at Desmith's career stats I am surprised he hasn't gotten a shot at being a starter.

He was basically the starter for the Pens last season when Jarry went down. He struggled in the starters role.

Some guys are just good backups and there’s nothing wrong with that. They can be the difference of making the playoffs or not.

Glad we finally have a really good one.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

14 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

so basically you agree he's playing well in his latest games but you want to bench him or put him in the pressbox regardless because you don't like him?

True. He is error prone. Not a forward , to which he has no speed to get back to his position. More give aways than ever. 

He can't be taught his responsibility,  he should know this.

23 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Yeah I keep thinking how incredible it is to see all of our stars playing well at the same time. It's like the stars are aligned or something. Usually, there's a... If only we could get player x and y going, it'll make our team even better etc. 

But seriously, not only our superstars playing well (Petey, Miller, Hughes, Demko) but the complimentary stars like Boeser, Hronek, Mik, Kuz are all playing well and then the bottom 6 guys are too including the rest of the defence. Everybody is contributing. No passengers here. 

And still no Blueger in the lineup all this time.. 

3 hours ago, Kragar said:

Not sure how that would work for offside, since it's the puck AND any part of the player (including skate blade) that are involved in the call.  But I think they can make it work for goals, and that would be awesome.

As an alternative, perhaps the league could auto-review each offside as they happen instead of waiting until the play stops, occasionally in time before the offside team scores

But, I'm not terribly against the current process (putting aside my penalties comment earlier).  I don't think it happens enough to be nuisance, especially with the penalty thrown in as a consequence of a failed challenge.

I for one don't mind it either but I wish they had better video for the fans, or gave us a live view of those making the decision like in rugby. Also make sure those people are top notch and can make these calls quickly and correctly.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I think there's got to be an AI solution in there somewhere

Yup, the should be able to do it pretty easily even using soccer technology. Theoretically you put a chip in the puck and GPS it and the bluelines. A person could review each time the puck crosses and most likely program an automatic alert/offside infraction with the help of an algorithm. I think the tricky part would be that the skate, or body part has to actually be touching the ice to remain onside. That's where a person or really good software might be needed. 

Sure would be nice to have offsides and debatable goal calls solved immediately. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Looking at Desmith's career stats I am surprised he hasn't gotten a shot at being a starter.

He's really been a 1B moreso than a backup for a lot of his career.

• Cheers 4

3 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

Haha I like your plan of keeping any decent goalie away from Edmonton. 

On the subject of DeSmith, we will have enough money to give him a small raise this summer. 

He's gonna be the 4th most important item this summer for me. 

1. Petey 

2. Hronek 

3. Cole 

4. DeSmith  

It would sure be nice to knock out a couple of these deals early. I wouldn't be shocked to see Hronek re-sign first for a cool 7x7 deal. 

4 of last night's bottom 6 are UFA'S this summer.  Yes, we have Bains, Aman, Sasson, Karlsson et al in Abby, but are they ready?

I know they won but I'm still worry about the giraffe.

He misread the plays, had some bad physical positional. 

2-0 he lost pearson badly and hit the post.

image.png.7669ece413e564b4cfdce60b8348c97e.png

3-0  He took a bad penalty that cost a goal.

image.png.3950abf09ec0e55b680e6d0e246552b2.png

he doesn't seem any progression and with better team they gonna loose more points

1 hour ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Same here. 

But after hearing Tocchet make the same comments about how the "room is on the more quiet side," multiple times earlier in the year, it really speaks to how you need an emotional leader like Miller on good teams. A lot of resemblance between him and Kesler. 

Credit also goes to Tocchet thought - so far, it looks like Tocchet knows how to tailor his coaching to Miller when needed. 

To a degree.  Green and Bruce had their moments with Miller too.   At some point we've just got to all come together as a fanbase and love the guy.   Just hope when he's on his down slide we don't forget what he's done for the club (and that it's not for sometime yet).    Anyone who says they want to stay and signs and keeps it up is special in my books.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1