[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens // November 12, 2023

Rubik

Just now, IBatch said:

To a degree.  Green and Bruce had their moments with Miller too.   At some point we've just got to all come together as a fanbase and love the guy.   Just hope when he's on his down slide we don't forget what he's done for the club (and that it's not for sometime yet).    Anyone who says they want to stay and signs and keeps it up is special in my books.  

In a similiar vein, I haven't forgotten that Myers wasn't all that bad for us the first few seasons for us.  Yeah he stinks now but that doesn't change how he played earlier (*my* view). 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, GasThomas said:

I know they won but I'm still worry about the giraffe.

He misread the plays, had some bad physical positional. 

2-0 he lost pearson badly and hit the post.

image.png.7669ece413e564b4cfdce60b8348c97e.png

3-0  He took a bad penalty that cost a goal.

image.png.3950abf09ec0e55b680e6d0e246552b2.png

he doesn't seem any progression and with better team they gonna loose more points

It was actually Juulsen that took the penalty that lead them to the goal. Myers was out

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, GasThomas said:

he doesn't seem any progression and with better team they gonna loose more points

The first one was his fault, and I remember seeing it. 

The issue is that 90% of the NHL d-men will make mistakes, and fairly often.  

Myers was solid otherwise and had been playing great over the last 10 games.  

He made lots of nice breakout passes and skated the puck out a bunch of times too. 

We pretty much dominated Montreal yesterday, no issues with him or Juulsen despite the fact that both made a mistake or two. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, Googlie said:

4 of last night's bottom 6 are UFA'S this summer.  Yes, we have Bains, Aman, Sasson, Karlsson et al in Abby, but are they ready?

Joshua? Debatable... 

Blueger? Inconclusive 

Lafferty? Yes 

Beauvillier? No 

Aman and Bains might be ready ... 

What do you think? 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Yes, and they killed off the Myers penalty. They scored on the Juulsen penalty

Myers was just getting out of the box. I don't mind Myers penalty, it was to save a goal.

I was expecting Juulsen to make a mistake or two, being as it's his first game in a while. He wasn't bad.

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Myers was just getting out of the box. I don't mind Myers penalty, it was to save a goal.

I was expecting Juulsen to make a mistake or two, being as it's his first game in a while. He wasn't bad.

Oh, I wasn't saying Juuls was bad, but as you said Myers' penalty was to save a goal I was defending him from the other poster

49 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

In a similiar vein, I haven't forgotten that Myers wasn't all that bad for us the first few seasons for us.  Yeah he stinks now but that doesn't change how he played earlier (*my* view). 

Myers was just fine the first couple seasons, and I for one, really enjoyed what he did for our team in the bubble - wasn't an "enforcer" but was our toughest player/played the hardest.   He was fine with OEL his first year too.   It's his last season.    A little overpaid.    Don't think his story is over with us yet either.    

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, canuck73 said:

I agree with you bud, people need to save the "declining" production speculation until it actually starts happening... Miller has been lights out since we traded for him.

Another thing people seemed to miss was that miller was a first round puck when complaining about losing a first round pick on him... always said getting a top line player via a trade was just as good as making a good pick with the first rounder that is often a crap shoot at the best of times...

I mean really... how can anyone complain about millers contract or about trading a first round pick for a player who delivers top line production and an obvious passion to deliver on his contract.

We are lucky to have Miller.

A good learning lesson from the coach to.Sits Miller and gets the right response.

Miller plays with passion but at times needs a coach to settle him down and RT seems to know when Miller needs an adjustment.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, iceman1964 said:

Wait, I thought we got ripped off signing him? Oh wait, that's the Vancouver idiot media and those who follow them.. actually I was impressed someone got it right!! (Bob McKenzie)

Smart guy knowing we picked up a top 6 forward minimum but it didn't take rocket science, he looked great playing with Stamkos, like he belonged and had been doing it for years. Funny how many overlooked that detail or didn't even bother to look in the first place and followed the local media schmucks who were/are leading the masses.

Anyway, haters are gonna hate no matter what.. sucks to be them! 

J.T. Miller going to be out star 3rd line center.. yeah ok.. NOT! Lmao! 

Aye recall it very well... the drama over trading our 1st away for a 3rd liner....

It was amazing how some folks spewd the lack of knowledge over Miller, and went beserk... He is the type of forward you just don't get... a miniature Iginla or Kesler...

All heart and takes you into the battle. 
and boy can finish as well. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

He is the highest paid player on the team, so there's that 

Plays like it as well...

Soon he will be overtaken by Petey. 

1 hour ago, GasThomas said:

who do we have that's better in the wings? Anyone? 

Edited by spook007

7 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Aye recall it very well... the drama over trading our 1st away for a 3rd liner....

It was amazing how some folks spewd the lack of knowledge over Miller, and went beserk... He is the type of forward you just don't get... a miniature Iginla or Kesler...

All heart and takes you into the battle. 
and boy can finish as well. 

Yeah and not only can he finish, at exactly the right a lot, i.e. take over a lead via a 5v5, short handed, OT, or a shoot out, always seems to be timely..  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, iceman1964 said:

Yeah and not only can he finish, at exactly the right a lot, i.e. take over a lead via a 5v5, short handed, OT, or a shoot out, always seems to be timely..  

Clark and Smitty, easy to see why he's playing as well as he has been and showing signs of completing his game but will take more time under Clark's eye but our goalie whisperer is helping him play a calmer game and not so much flopping but better positionally so he doesn't have to, he was caught at it a few times but we had enough of a lead and players helping out so it didn't make that much of a difference but he'll be even better. I trust Clark to help him sort anything he needs help with. 

I'm not saying he was a slouch when he got here by any means but I'm sure glad we have Clark here to help! 

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, canuck73 said:

I agree with you bud, people need to save the "declining" production speculation until it actually starts happening... Miller has been lights out since we traded for him.

Another thing people seemed to miss was that miller was a first round puck when complaining about losing a first round pick on him... always said getting a top line player via a trade was just as good as making a good pick with the first rounder that is often a crap shoot at the best of times...

I mean really... how can anyone complain about millers contract or about trading a first round pick for a player who delivers top line production and an obvious passion to deliver on his contract.

We are lucky to have Miller.

Nobody knows for sure how it will turn out, but... 

JT is 6'1 - 218 lbs. Is he 37 when his contract expires? (Currently tied for 3rd in NHL scoring with QH! +12) 

Pavelski - 6'1 - 196 lbs. Still going strong at 39! (13 pts in 14 gp) 

Miller rarely ever gets injured, even when it looks like he did, after blocking a hard shot. The guy's a bull. 

Anyway, like you say, we're lucky to have him on our team. 

If he maintains his fitness, his intensity and desire to play, and barring any unforeseen catastrophes, 

more than likely, he should still be producing reasonably well, throughout the entire contract.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AatuD2 said:

Joshua? Debatable... 

Blueger? Inconclusive 

Lafferty? Yes 

Beauvillier? No 

Aman and Bains might be ready ... 

What do you think? 

Aman looked good for a few games last year, then struggled a bit. He's found it again in Abby.  I think, though, that Bains is ripe for promotion.

Should have included Raty too.   His move to Sasson's wing, opposite Karlsson, has freed him from the somewhat more demanding center's responsibilities and he has thrived 

I expected more from my avatar, though.   Broke Petey's rookie scoring record in the Swedish premier league, has been ok in Abby, but hasn't dominated as I thought he might (in the summer I changed my avatar to HotD's King Viserys, but changed back a couple of weeks ago to try and get LK going again. Let's see if it works)

• Upvote 1