[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens // November 12, 2023

Rubik

2 hours ago, GasThomas said:

I know they won but I'm still worry about the giraffe.

He misread the plays, had some bad physical positional. 

2-0 he lost pearson badly and hit the post.

image.png.7669ece413e564b4cfdce60b8348c97e.png

3-0  He took a bad penalty that cost a goal.

image.png.3950abf09ec0e55b680e6d0e246552b2.png

he doesn't seem any progression and with better team they gonna loose more points

Before we start ragging on Myers, let's remember to keep our expectations of him in check. 

He was fine before Soucy got injured. 

When his minutes increased and his role increased, it'll obviously put more stress on him. 

We can't be mad that he's not a bonafide top 4 d man that can carry his linemate. 

Same thing with Cole. 

When the D pairings started to get mixed up with Juulsen getting increased minutes and lines getting jumbled, they all made mistakes. I don't see why we need to pick out anyone here. 

I think they did well considering they were a man short and everyone had to increase their responsibilities. 

It does show that we probably need an upgrade on D though if we want to go far in the playoffs

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Before we start ragging on Myers, let's remember to keep our expectations of him in check. 

He was fine before Soucy got injured. 

When his minutes increased and his role increased, it'll obviously put more stress on him. 

We can't be mad that he's not a bonafide top 4 d man that can carry his linemate. 

Same thing with Cole. 

When the D pairings started to get mixed up with Juulsen getting increased minutes and lines getting jumbled, they all made mistakes. I don't see why we need to pick out anyone here. 

I think they did well considering they were a man short and everyone had to increase their responsibilities. 

It does show that we probably need an upgrade on D though if we want to go far in the playoffs

Exactly! Benning gave Myers a contract that made him need to play as a top four. When Myers plays a more protected bottom pairing role he’s quite effective. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Nobody knows for sure how it will turn out, but... 

JT is 6'1 - 218 lbs. Is he 37 when his contract expires? (Currently tied for 3rd in NHL scoring with QH! +12) 

Pavelski - 6'1 - 196 lbs. Still going strong at 39! (13 pts in 14 gp) 

Miller rarely ever gets injured, even when it looks like he did, after blocking a hard shot. The guy's a bull. 

Anyway, like you say, we're lucky to have him on our team. 

If he maintains his fitness, his intensity and desire to play, and barring any unforeseen catastrophes, 

more than likely, he should still be producing reasonably well, throughout the entire contract.  

Well he's married with a couple of young uns' he'll be getting out of the house to work out as much as possible. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The song remains the same.

Great film/documentary. 

I've actually recorded songs on the Neve console that they mixed the songs for that movie. 

The woman/producer, in California bought it and had it shipped from the UK. Her and David Grohl are the only two people who owned that particular model. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

More giveaway than ever? I guess we should bench hronek cole Hughes laffety miller kuzmenko pettersson boeser while we are at it since they all have more giveaways so far this year than Myers. He is the only defenceman with a giveaway takeaway ratio of 1:1 everyone else on defence is negative hronek have 2 takeaway to his 15 giveaway Myers have 5 and 5. Your take makes 0 sense because it’s based on hate rather than logic

I would never use the word Hate , dislike yes.

Your use of 8 players mentioned do not apply. Each and everyone of them have more than made up for the giveaways.

If the  🦒 is on your favorite list, l respect  that. Be ready to own up to it.

No l won't be in retaliation mode. I merely point out weakness.