[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens // November 12, 2023

Rubik

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He complains that this team has no window because they didn't properly rebuild.  Guess what, if you burned it to the ground there is no guarantee of a cup window either.

Just ask Deadmonton about that! Or Buffalo, Arizona, Columbus, etc. 

There's never any guarantee. 

• Like 1

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

It's not a panic.

Canucks have been in on Zadorov since the summer.

What are you talking about? 

This has nothing to do with Zadorov. The poster was saying because Soucy might be injured that it's time to make a trade. 

That's all. Move along. 

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

What are you talking about? 

This has nothing to do with Zadorov. The poster was saying because Soucy might be injured that it's time to make a trade. 

That's all. Move along. 

They might make a trade tomorrow, but it wouldn't be a panic knee jerk trade is what I'm saying.

Full credit to the Canucks on the win but I really hate the ticky tacky offside reviews.  95% of the reviews take goals off the board that 100% should count. It's taken the joy out of the game.  You can't even celebrate a goal when it happens in case there's a review 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

So if a puck is kicked in or there's goaltender interference, it shouldn't be reviewed? If you're offside, the goal shouldn't count. It's that simple.

Ticky tack is when you are battling for the puck and you're called for roughing and you don't even touch the guy.

If a guy is offside by a 1/4 inch or was offside 30 seconds before the goal happened and it has no bearing on the goal scored.  Yeah. It's ticky tacky and shouldn't take legit goals off the board. I'm not talking specifically about tonight's game but it general.  It's crap 

Just now, Barnstorm said:

Let’s just have offsides taken out of the game. It will be so much easier to know when to celebrate, 

Not what I'm saying and you know it. 

34 minutes ago, Edge Case said:

Roger that RN!  I just scored tickets to the game on Wednesday, first game in a long time after a cancer dx - feelin’ good for now but feelin’ like we’ve moved way beyond Bo - respect him for the tough times he navigated during his years here, glad we’ve moved on ‘tho.  

Will give him his due at the game - at the end ‘tho fuck Bo and #fuck cancer, I’ll tell you that for free !

All the best in your recovery, take care!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

True.

Check the numbers too. Like maybe Desmith has a really good record against them, or maybe Demko doesn’t.

You can say records against teams don’t matter, but clearly Demko just can’t win in Toronto. 😂

Doesn’t matter who our goalie is, we have a piss poor record against the Leafs in Toronto.

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

If a guy is offside by a 1/4 inch or was offside 30 seconds before the goal happened and it has no bearing on the goal scored.  Yeah. It's ticky tacky and shouldn't take legit goals off the board. I'm not talking specifically about tonight's game but it general.  It's crap 

Not what I'm saying and you know it. 

You’re right, I don’t have a clue what you’re saying. Something about not being able to celebrate and being unhappy. 

12 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Full credit to the Canucks on the win but I really hate the ticky tacky offside reviews.  95% of the reviews take goals off the board that 100% should count. It's taken the joy out of the game.  You can't even celebrate a goal when it happens in case there's a review 

Can always count on you to provide measured takes. The borderline offside calls bug me too.

Yours Habs seem to be on an upward trend. 

Tonight’s game was hard fought and Habs were a tough out. 

Edited by PistolPete13