[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens // November 12, 2023

Rubik

Just now, Barnstorm said:

You’re right, I don’t have a clue what you’re saying. Something about not being able to celebrate and being unhappy. 

I'm saying having offside reviews for plays that are so marginally offside or for plays that happened WELL before the scoring play is ridiculous.   Tell me you've never been passed off when a Canucks goal got disallowed because the play was JUST barely offside 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PistolPete13 said:

Can always count on you to provide measured takes. The borderline offside calls big me too.

Yours Habs seem to be on an upward trend. 

Tonight’s game was hard fought and Habs were a tough out. 

They're definitely looking up

They're fast and work hard. A couple more years of the young guys maturing and getting Dach into the lineup will do wonders.  That said the Canucks were definitely the better team tonight 

• Cheers 3

Just now, qwijjibo said:

I'm saying having offside reviews for plays that are so marginally offside or for plays that happened WELL before the scoring play is ridiculous.   Tell me you've never been passed off when a Canucks goal got disallowed because the play was JUST barely offside 

It's okay to be pissed off and disappointed, but it's happened to the Canucks on too many occasions, as we all know, but it's still the rule. 

It works both ways. 

And, in this case, he was clearly a stride over the blue line offside. 

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Can always count on you to provide measured takes. The borderline offside calls bug me too.

Yours Habs seem to be on an upward trend. 

Tonight’s game was hard fought and Habs were a tough out. 

Habs are not climbing very high. No elite talent. Missed on two high picks in a row. Could have had Cooley and Michkov. Big misses. 

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

It's okay to be pissed off and disappointed, but it's happened to the Canucks on too many occasions, as we all know, but it's still the rule. 

It works both ways. 

And honestly it seems like 90% of the challenges for offside don't work. What is lame is when you know it's onside and you challenge it anyways.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Unless the Canucks are parting with a 1st round pick, I don't think Garland, or Beau is going to going to get us a defenceman.

And even then, the Canucks probably have to add, in which case then we're overpaying.

Depends on the d-man. Some of us are still on team Peeke, he won't fetch a 1st :classic_ninja: But yeah, sounds like Calgary wants a premium for their UFAs, and given we're a divisional rival and we lost Soucy, again, they may try gouge the hell out of us. Not even sure who else might even be on the trade market. Any chance Seattle parts with Larsson to us? Particularly on the cheap.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

It works both ways. 

I didn't say it didn't. I'm saying I hate the offside reviews in general. It didn't change the outcome tonight.

1 minute ago, qwijjibo said:

Honestly… no. My view is offside is offside. I don’t see any grey area or reason to say this one shouldn’t be called because it was close or 30 seconds ago. It’s one rule applicable to everyone as rules  should be. If it’s a Canuck goal called back I’m disappointed, I’m not pissed off. 
Does your opinion include not counting goals that were scored but not immediately confirmed like the one in Ottawa the other night? 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And honestly it seems like 90% of the challenges for offside don't work. What is lame is when you know it's onside and you challenge it anyways.

Not with these teams video crews. You know they have guys watching every offside or any other possible infraction and will notify the bench immediately. 

Obviously our video guys were right on the money. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Depends on the d-man. Some of us are still on team Peeke, he won't fetch a 1st :classic_ninja: But yeah, sounds like Calgary wants a premium for their UFAs, and given we're a divisional rival and we lost Soucy, again, they may try gouge the hell out of us. Not even sure who else might even be on the trade market. Any chance Seattle parts with Larsson to us? Particularly on the cheap.

Now Larsson I understand. My fear is he's got a lot of wear and tear at age 31.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Now Larsson I understand. My fear is he's got a lot of wear and tear at age 31.

Yeah, that's a lot of tough minutes on bad teams. But we don't need him for a long time. This year and next year at 4mil is good enough for me. Prospect/Pick and Beau for cap reasons for Larsson. Maybe, sorta, in my dreams. Lol.

Great result by the Canucks -  Also nice to see some depth scoring today - somewhat like how TO beat us yesterday - everyone chipping in.with their part.

Not to take anything away with the 11-3 start which is impressive, but I would still like the team to focus a game at a time and hopefully reduce the noise a bit - articles / interviews about how the team is so successful to start, best player here, cup odds there, best goalie tandem here etc.  Teams like Boston, Vegas NYR  seem to continue to move along successful by controlling this exposure a bit so hopefully the Canucks can also do the same.

It is a cliche but true - long season - don't get too up or down - respect your opponents -  and if you can control the positive noise (or negative like last year) - that may help with the focus to hopefully correct any problems as they come about.

Regardless, congrats on a good trip -  they can get some rest before facing Bo + company on Wednesday.    

Go Canucks

• Upvote 2