[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens // November 12, 2023

Rubik

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Unless the Canucks are parting with a 1st round pick, I don't think Garland, or Beau is going to going to get us a defenceman.

And even then, the Canucks probably have to add, in which case then we're overpaying.

Nothing should be done right now,

the club is buzzing, wait till trade deadline to see where we need to improve the most, who know by then there could be a major hole some where due to injury 

1 hour ago, qwijjibo said:

Full credit to the Canucks on the win but I really hate the ticky tacky offside reviews.  95% of the reviews take goals off the board that 100% should count. It's taken the joy out of the game.  You can't even celebrate a goal when it happens in case there's a review 

Umm, if they should count, then 95% of those reviews weren't done very well. 

The offside guy was about a foot ahead of the puck.  Pretty easy review.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Got last year vibes with this one felt like we might of lost the lead for a bit there 

lots of sloppy plays in our own end couldve been fatigue they def gutted this one out for the dub def a decent roadtrip 

didnt like the lineup changes it is only bluegers first game in but i really think the nucks miss hoglanders tenacity but garly picked that role tonight 

friedman > juulsen

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, qwijjibo said:

I'm saying having offside reviews for plays that are so marginally offside or for plays that happened WELL before the scoring play is ridiculous.   Tell me you've never been passed off when a Canucks goal got disallowed because the play was JUST barely offside 

Doesnt matter how offside it is.  In the example you give, if the offside was called, then most likely the goal wouldn't have happened.

Even if it is a minute later, the defending team is still under pressure all that time when the play should have stopped.  I completely disagree with your position.

What I hate about it is that you can't challenge the offside when the team take a penalty during that time (putting aside the violent infractions, for obvious reasons).  Same reason, the penalty wouldnt have happened if the offside was called properly. But the penalties always stand. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Myers is playing really well this season, I don't know what games you've been watching.

Not missed a game in years. He doesnt have it anymore.

Not disagreeing about his latest game. I just believe it's time for the bench for a bit.

Yes you can say l have nothing left for him. His history dictates that.

2 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

Not missed a game in years. He doesnt have it anymore.

Not disagreeing about his latest game. I just believe it's time for the bench for a bit.

Yes you can say l have nothing left for him. His history dictates that.

Myers had some very rough games at the very beginning but over the last 10 games or so has been rock solid as a 3rd pair guy.

Maybe that changes a bit if Soucy’s out for awhile but zero reason to sit the guy at this point. 

Friedman has been the true 6th man - effective, but extremely sheltered.  Myers might be the #5 vs a healthy Soucy but it’s a big jump from those 2 down to Friedman/Juulsen.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1