[Report] Canucks waive Studnicka

11 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Probably best to keep him when he is currently our best option at 4RD and 2 of the 3 guys ahead of him are barely so.

After we get a better player than Noah Juulsen, we can move him down, or trade him out.

I'm confused. My entire post was about that and how we need another RD so that Myers/Friedman can be the 6/7 guys and Juulsen can then take a hike. I didn't advocate for Juulsen to be gone with no one coming in. 

• Huggy Bear 1

15 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

I'm mildly surprised by him clearing.  I thought with all the desperate teams out there now, someone might have taken him on.  Good for Abby and our own depth though.

Figured the sharks would take a flyer on him but I don't think they are interested at winning anyways

• ThereItIs 1

21 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I am team Wolanin, but didn't they call up Hirose when Soucy was injured the first time? He didn't look very good, but I dunno. Tocchet was complimentary of his IQ.

Since it sounds like Hirose got the call, just wanted to give myself a nice circlejerk for being so smart and handsome.

Also, I am glad Studs cleared. I am still pretty happy with how he's looked coming into this season. I always appreciate a dude that evolves his game to try stick in the show.

2 hours ago, Tower102 said:

I'm confused. My entire post was about that and how we need another RD so that Myers/Friedman can be the 6/7 guys and Juulsen can then take a hike. I didn't advocate for Juulsen to be gone with no one coming in. 

You are perhaps forgetting your own post?

"Juulsen can go wherever and not return."

Your posts were ok except for this type of derogatory comment v/v Noah Juulsen.

FYI NJ is #2RD in Tomorrow's Lineup; good thing we kept him, eh?

The guy is a Canuck, and valued enough to play at #2RD, why not look forward to see how he does tomorrow?

I'm hoping he does well; Foote and Gonchar are great defensive coaches and Juulsen has a lot of good stuff to work with.

3 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

You are perhaps forgetting your own post?

"Juulsen can go wherever and not return."

Your posts were ok except for this type of derogatory comment v/v Noah Juulsen.

FYI NJ is #2RD in Tomorrow's Lineup; good thing we kept him, eh?

The guy is a Canuck, and valued enough to play at #2RD, why not look forward to see how he does tomorrow?

I'm hoping he does well; Foote and Gonchar are great defensive coaches and Juulsen has a lot of good stuff to work with.

You are pulling one sentence out of the entire post my dude. You are pretending that was my only sentence and ignoring everything before it that I said. I didn't say we should just get rid of him, I said we lacked depth and should bring someone in so that Friedman can rightly slot into the 7d role which would push Juulsen out. Order matters. Of course we don't waive Juulsen without bringing in someone ahead of him. I also wouldn't call that derogatory, simply that I want the roster to be at a point where he isn't on it nor in the convo to be brought into it. 

• Cheers 1