Should Garland be moved up ?

Falcons

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I was hoping for short jokes tbh.

How about a short anecdote (:classic_ninja:) instead?

My highschool woodshop/science teacher was 'vertically challenged' as he put it. If you were talking with your classmates instead of working, he'd walk under the bench and pop up between you. Scared the shit out of me the first time, fell off the stool.

37 minutes ago, Tusk said:

the price is why we are stuck with him so why play him on the bottom 6. I mean he can play there till something opens up in the top.

Leaves room for deals at deadline.

PDG needs to get some points and gain some value. Or at least get into more fights than Cole and Joshua. 

We can retain some cap as long as the team improves, not a lot but some.

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think they tried that in preseason? 

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Maybe?

Did not watch preseason.

Everyone suggesting line changes keeps Miller, Boeser and PDG together as the "second line"

and everyone is trying to sus out the Petey line cause they are underperforming the "second line"

Petey, Mik and Kuz are a perfect line!!!! People!!! They dont have to be the first line!!!! Stop putting all the pressure on them!!!! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iceman1964 said:

Again, "some" not half, for around 3 mil you certainly can. 

So you think Soucy is better than Garlund? Beuvillieir? I mean, put some dollars on the points and Garlund is worth more than Soucy and Beauvillier combined.

39 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Alright, let's do basic stats then.  His hustle is fantastic but I think Garland has the skill set to be a better top six forward.

You do realize that Giuseppe’s basic stats are better. More goal, more points and a better plus/minus.

But like I said initially anyone that watches the game knows why Giuseppe is on that Miller line and Garland is on the Suter line. Fits well with Miller and Boeser, playing against other teams best players, on pace for 40 points, penalty kill, no power-play time, part of one the best shutdown lines, and good defensively. Doing all this making less than one million.

Garland fits well with Suter right now. That’s why that line is doing so well.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Now your just grasping at straws, where did I mention Soucy and Beau anywhere in there? 

you said we can get more out of 3 million than we get out of garlund.... so look around what we got for 3 mil. or 4. or 3 and 4 combined....

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

You do realize that Giuseppe’s basic stats are better. More goal, more points and a better plus/minus.

But like I said initially anyone that watches the game knows why Giuseppe is on that Miller line. Fits well with Miller and Boeser, playing against other teams best players, on pace for 40+ points, penalty kill, no power-play time, part of one the best shutdown lines, and good defensively. Doing all this making less than one million.

PDG has one more goal and one more assist than Garlund, Playing with Miller and Boeser! Garlund playing less minutes. With nobody to pass to. you all say he keeps the puck but its because no-one he plays with finds open ice.

15 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Lil green and blue Smurf for instance? 

Kinda. Was more in the mood for something like:

"Move up? If he wants to move up he's gonna need a stool!"

Or 

"How high up are we talking here? Like 5'11? Not sure that's possible"

"Top 6? More like bottom 5'6"

11 minutes ago, J-23 said:

But like I said initially anyone that watches the game knows why Giuseppe is on that Miller line. Fits well with Miller and Boeser, playing against other teams best players, on pace for 40+ points, penalty kill, no power-play time, part of one the best shutdown lines, and good defensively. Doing all this making less than one million.

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

PDG has one more goal and one more assist than Garlund, Playing with Miller and Boeser! Garlund playing less minutes. With nobody to pass to. you all say he keeps the puck but its because no-one he plays with finds open ice.

To be fair, Puis Suter has kinda figured out where to be when Garlund is going into the boards. Its only been a few or 5 games but please, review.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Well, my initial post was really just based on the eye test but everyone wants to compare stats and advanced stats so desperately.

Line chemistry is a thing. Giuseppe is the best fit for the Miller line. Garland is the best fit for the Suter line. There is a reason why both lines are doing so well, especially the Suter line now.

I will defend Giuseppe though. He’s outworked a lot of players and earned his spot and I think a lot of people having a hard time accepting that. I don’t get why. I can understand if he wasn’t putting up points, but he has 7 points in 15 games so far.

Anyways both players are great for the team and I’d like to see Garland stay, but I also understand the cap reasons as to why they want to trade him.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

I have always been a believer in Conor Garland.  He is a crafty playmaker with a very unique playing style.  Watch him closely and he makes excellent plays on both sides of the ice.  He puts very good passes into the slot - although his teammates haven't converted many chances yet, they are expected to come.

image.png.49083c192d0ce8fcfc53b38b22d77a31.png

I don't know if he's a good fit on this team per se, but I think he should absolutely be bumped up to the line with Miller.  Do I think Tocchet is going to demote Di Giuseppe, his favourite player?  I hope he does.  Di Giuseppe is a hard-working defensive winger and the hustle he brings is a better fit on the third line.

image.png.eafbdb5badb20af32ccdc94bf8e9e1f3.png

I agree with you take Giuseppe out and put Garland in their possibility if that line comes up dry!! But so far all lines are playing well so it's hard to break that chemistry they have right now. But if they had to this is one great option. 

1 minute ago, 420Fish said:

Have the Canucks even seen Garland at the top of his game yet? He seemed like such a threat in Arizona.

nope.

Unless you think Petey is the "top line" opportunity. The problem with Garlund on that line is he never had to fight to get the puck.

I have no problem with Deseppie pizza but he only is useful on the forcheck but seems much less efficiant at actually getting the puck than Garlund