Should Garland be moved up ?

Falcons

7 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

The problem with all these graphs and spreadsheets is they don't take into account the fact our top 6 is playing the harder matchups. Especially the Miller line. There are numerous analytics that suggest they're not playing great. But we all can see they are our best line. Hell, the War chief posted the War chart for PDG and Garland. But lets not forget that PDG plays with Miller, who routinely matches up against McDavid, Robertson, and Panarin when he was in town. We have a 2nd line tweener playing against other team's 4th lines. It's gonna make him look good in the analytics.

I think that's entirely the point. 

our 3rd line is a knee on the throat right now. 

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

Served crow?

I'm just joshin' ya. you predicted a performance in Montreal similar to the Toronto one, and figured that was the teams true level. 

I promise I'm not trying to start anything, I like that we're getting along. 

31 minutes ago, tas said:

I'm just joshin' ya. you predicted a performance in Montreal similar to the Toronto one, and figured that was the teams true level. 

I promise I'm not trying to start anything, I like that we're getting along. 

Gotcha.  It was certainly just as likely an outcome, coming off the end of an extended winning streak.  I liked their energy last night and they generated some good 5v5 chances. 

They've got another strong of games against teams they should be beating, with the AVs being the best team of the bunch

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

Gotcha.  It was certainly just as likely an outcome, coming off the end of an extended winning streak.  I liked their energy last night and they generated some good 5v5 chances. 

They've got another strong of games against teams they should be beating, with the AVs being the best team of the bunch

I’m not discounting Avs but it’s not like there lighting up the league… few games ago it was wait til we play Dallas and see where we’re at…. We beat them 2-0 and dominated at times in all areas. Our true test will be LA Kings, that is a team that I can say is strong and a big measuring stick to see where our club is at. 

It will be a fun 67 games on our quest to the playoffs, so I’m just going to enjoy this team, the players, our Stanley Cup Coaching Staff. Things are aligning finally and as a fan base we deserve to watch this type of team/hockey period. 

Eastern Media can kiss our asses. We are Vancouvers team. 

Go Canucks! 

36 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

I’m not discounting Avs but it’s not like there lighting up the league… few games ago it was wait til we play Dallas and see where we’re at…. We beat them 2-0 and dominated at times in all areas. Our true test will be LA Kings, that is a team that I can say is strong and a big measuring stick to see where our club is at. 

It will be a fun 67 games on our quest to the playoffs, so I’m just going to enjoy this team, the players, our Stanley Cup Coaching Staff. Things are aligning finally and as a fan base we deserve to watch this type of team/hockey period. 

Eastern Media can kiss our asses. We are Vancouvers team. 

Go Canucks! 

Agreed, I meant in the next 5 game set 

Isles

Calgary

Seattle 

SJ

Avs

I think expecting at least 7 points there, at least, is reasonable.  They need to bank points at every opportunity and this is a good set to do that in.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

No, he's really useful where he is. I would like to see Petey get a more physical winger but I'd rather move Kuzy down if we can trade for someone. 

Maybe swap wingers?

Joshua EP Mik

PDG Miller Boeser

Kuz Suter Garland

Laff Blu Hogz

3 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

I have always been a believer in Conor Garland.  He is a crafty playmaker with a very unique playing style.  Watch him closely and he makes excellent plays on both sides of the ice.  He puts very good passes into the slot - although his teammates haven't converted many chances yet, they are expected to come.

image.png.49083c192d0ce8fcfc53b38b22d77a31.png

I don't know if he's a good fit on this team per se, but I think he should absolutely be bumped up to the line with Miller.  Do I think Tocchet is going to demote Di Giuseppe, his favourite player?  I hope he does.  Di Giuseppe is a hard-working defensive winger and the hustle he brings is a better fit on the third line.

image.png.eafbdb5badb20af32ccdc94bf8e9e1f3.png

I hate advanced stats.

Anyone watching the games knows why Giuseppe is on that Miller line.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Agreed, I meant in the next 5 game set 

Isles

Calgary

Seattle 

SJ

Avs

I think expecting at least 7 points there, at least, is reasonable.  They need to bank points at every opportunity and this is a good set to do that in.  

Yeah for sure… the game that really scares me is the SJ rematch lol 

18 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

What's wrong with Phil on that wing? 

nothing is wrong but the only thing right is PDG's size. Imagine if we could trade Edmonton for a unprotected first in exchange for a big, top line forward PDG and a Beulivier and some cap space?

4 minutes ago, Tusk said:

nothing is wrong but the only thing right is PDG's size. Imagine if we could trade Edmonton for a unprotected first in exchange for a big, top line forward PDG and a Beulivier and some cap space?

Phil is 6'0" - 195 ... and average-size guy at best. 

The team is playing great, near the top of the league ... and you're hot to make some fantastical trade. 

Let things play out ... by trade deadline time, the roadmap will be a lot clearer as to what needs to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

I like Garland a lot but not at the price he is at.

the price is why we are stuck with him so why play him on the bottom 6. I mean he can play there till something opens up in the top.

Leaves room for deals at deadline.

PDG needs to get some points and gain some value. Or at least get into more fights than Cole and Joshua.