[GDT] - November 15th 2023 - Canucks vs Islanders @ Rogers Arena - 7:00 PM PDT - SNP, AM650 - Bo-o Horvat Edition

JoGuitar

5 minutes ago, Power-Forward said:

Some people act like they are going to a broadway play or something.  It’s a hockey game I’m gonna boo! lol 

He priced himself right off the team. He’s not a Canuck. He’s islander. He got what he wanted hope he likes Long Island. Haha. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, tas said:

it shows just as much disrespect to the current players, who've gone out of their way to say they hope the fans don't boo, as it does horvat. 

a little class goes a long way. 

Yeah but don’t you think the current players are gonna say that anyway.  It would not be smart to say otherwise as a current player.  Do you honestly think Hughes cares if Horvat is boo’d.  He’s just saying the right thing.

• ThereItIs 2

23 minutes ago, tas said:

it shows just as much disrespect to the current players, who've gone out of their way to say they hope the fans don't boo, as it does horvat. 

a little class goes a long way. 

It does go a long way but a lot of the time, it doesn't make it to the rink.

Drunken galoots and noisy brouhahas, booing (gasp!), giving the refs the raspberry (omg), swearing, singing, and other boorish behaviour used to abound.

I know, I were one, or two, or three; and for that, I apologize to anyone who was offended at the time.

But that time was about 50(!) years ago, and fans in the stands were a lot different, and a lot of people snuck in hard liquor, etc.

In the lesser leagues there were lots of fights in the stands and in the lineups to get in, etc.

I hope people don't boo Bo but I respect their right to do so.

If you ask yourself whether Bo was an average Canuck or if he was better than the majority of players we've had I would have to think he was an above average Canuck (420 points). Isn't that someone you want to positively acknowledge as someone who represented the team for 9 years?

As has been mentioned he didn't ask for a trade or anything and the trade worked out great for us. I can't imagine why anyone would boo him. 

• Cheers 1