[GDT] - November 15th 2023 - Canucks vs Islanders @ Rogers Arena - 7:00 PM PDT - SNP, AM650 - Bo-o Horvat Edition

JoGuitar

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Too true. 

One period and it’s How I Met Your Mother Shut Up GIF by Laff

Again. It's the slow start and 7 goals in four periods. Not a typical Demko the last couple of starts. Deflections hit him when he is on but the team has to be awake to start games.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The attitude, oh I guess we should try now. I really hate seeing them all of a sudden playing better. Being prepared to play isn't there to start games. 

Do you just sit around waiting for them to fumble a bit? It's literally the only time I see you post anything lol

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The attitude, oh I guess we should try now. I really hate seeing them all of a sudden playing better. Being prepared to play isn't there to start games. 

Honestly the 2nd goal was just bad luck, I agree it was not the strongest start (not that they were getting caved in) but Cole gets called on a so-so call and it's 1-0.

The 2nd one was just an unfortunate penalty & a weird bounce on the goal.

It should be 1-0 but atleast they started carrying play. 11-3 the shots after the 2nd goal I believe, now 14-13. Just need 1 here & it's a completely different game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

WTF will these guys ever learn to never underestimate their opponents, while resting on their own laurels? FFS!

They should be dictating the play, and setting the tone early, especially versus lesser opponents like the pablum NYI.

They will not be contenders any time soon if they STILL have these games where they come out flat, and uninspired. Top teams do not do that.

GCFG!!!

I wouldn't worry because they will learn how to raise the standard now that teams are really targeting them.  Opponents know that they cannot afford to have a slow start or else they'd be burnt like a crisp.  It will take time to raise their standard to become a habit.  I think it is a good problem to have the issues this early then it will become a habit for the future seasons and that includes playoffs.   I have noticed the big difference when teams are raising the standard, the Canucks raise even higher to the point where they cannot handle us.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Just one injury and it feels like our defense is already much weaker. Balance is all off. Get to work Alvin, we need more D depth. 

We've known all along that only 2 good "A" defencemen are not enough. Filling the other 4 spots with one "B", two "C"'s and an "E" is not the most solid plan to get thru a full season successfully - especially since we only have inexperienced kids down on the farm team.   

I'm sure management is well aware of this but we're still stuck with a few really really bad Jim Benning contracts that need to be purged so we can acquire a couple better D's.    likely next year unless JR PA throw somemore Draft picks away trying to swing some deals.

Time will tell 

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

Do you just sit around waiting for them to fumble a bit? It's literally the only time I see you post anything lol

Focus on the game and less about what bothers you. You

can always ignore. I know you are just waiting for people to like your posts. It's ok, I will like the post for you.