[GDT] - November 15th 2023 - Canucks vs Islanders @ Rogers Arena - 7:00 PM PDT - SNP, AM650 - Bo-o Horvat Edition

JoGuitar

8 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Now we will see how this team handles some adversity. With Petey not looking 100% and now this for lengthy period. 

I wonder if we will see a Bear signing sooner than later or trade. 

Bear needs to be recovered first and can work out.  Not sure where's he at. Last I heard for Dec return.  

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Now we will see how this team handles some adversity. With Petey not looking 100% and now this for lengthy period. 

I wonder if we will see a Bear signing sooner than later or trade. 

I don't think this will impact a Bear signing much. I haven't heard anything saying he's near a complete recovery yet. His timeline is Dec 15th for a typical case although I would speculate he may not be ready until the new year. Bear is a also RD and Soucy a LD. 

50 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

How about 8-1, give them the oiler treatment! 

Yeah!  9-nothing is better. 

Demko deserves the shutout and 9 years of Bo equals a 9-nothing shellacking. 

Let's put some distance between our points leaders and the rest of the pack of jackals.

Obvious points for 9, 40, and 43, and a goal or two for Brock, but here's The Plan Stan:

(Just get on the bus Gus, no need to discuss much.):

Everybody pass to Brock and have him fire away, hopefully picking up a couple goals.

Then everybody pass to Brock and expect it back, right away.

Bam! Brock Boeser 2 goals 4 assists in another Big Blowout by the Canucks!

Post-Game Report from The Future:

Bo Horvat got so sick by the end of the 5-nothing first period that he didn't come out for the second.

Said to be "Day-to-Day with Virus-Like Symptoms", he is expected to be able to play in Seattle tomorrow.

Said virus-like symptoms are indicative of a new illness going around the lower mainland.

It's called, the Vancouver Virus and it works most similarly to the Ancient Angst created by the Philly Flu.

To avoid this virus, players coming to Vancouver are advised to, Keep Their Friggin' Heads Up!

15 hours ago, Googlie said:

Awesome piece, but ......

Just one old fart's opinion:

Ian, don't sit eating at a dinner table wearing your hat, even backwards.  Just uncouth.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on who u are) shit like that doesn’t matter anymore. 
I’m an older person too and was taught such things. But I don’t know why hats are rude.

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And Hughes isn't being called up from Abbotsford is he? No he's not.  

So who do you suggest should have been called up instead? Keeping waivers eligibility in mind.

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It doesn't make him and ineffective defenseman, his lack of experience does, that being said, part of the reason Soucy was signed was because of his size, so with him out, the defense isn't as imposing from that perspective. 

And your defense would get run in the playoffs big time.

Of course whoever we call up from the AHL will be less effective than Soucy. But presumably Hirose has shown the team that he is smart enough and responsible enough to get a shot as an injury replacement. And we are not in the playoffs right now, we are in almost the exact opposite situation, sitting on a comfortable cushion with months to go. 

21 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While I'm glad that management kept Miller and traded Horvat, I hope those in attendance tonight have some couth and don't boo Bo. That'll only look bad on the fans. 

Yeah exactly. Just beat 'em on the ice. That's what matters most. 

GCG! 

• Vintage 1