[GDT] - November 15th 2023 - Canucks vs Islanders @ Rogers Arena - 7:00 PM PDT - SNP, AM650 - Bo-o Horvat Edition

JoGuitar

55 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

IMG_0582.jpeg

Recent photo's  of Bo sporting his Movember stache, top one at the swing sets in his NY digs, second one eating a pre-game meal, last one reflecting later after the game - ok last one is later. 

12 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Wow!  Definitely brings back many memories...

True story... 

My godfather managed the Colbalt a couple times within a 30 year period.  Between late 70's to early 2000's.  

I celebrated my 23rd birthday there... Only remember 4 things... Lots of body shot off of some of the dancers that treated me like one of their own... Rembering the booth that I was slowly sinking into as the night progressed, had bullet holes in the cushion backboard behind me and crawling out to the back parking lot to fall asleep for an hour... On the pavement between two vehicles... I woke up, staggered back into the colbalt... Don't remember anything more that day.  Lol

All I knew was my godfather was makung sure my dumb reckless ass didn't get into or find trouble.  And if you've spent anytime there... You know, that's very easy to do!  

Those were the days!

Wow, the Colbalt Hotel. Was that the place on Main Street at the Georgia viaduct, or was it on Granville down by the bridge? 

I spent my 21st birthday celebrating in the Smiling Budda on Main just off of Hastings. Thinking I'm lucky to be alive to recall that night.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I get what you're saying, my point was that the upper tier of the talent pool is going to get paid fair market value (at that point in time)

Your post was about Pettersson getting paid big money and "Not the entire team" which is why I gave you a couple of examples of 

teams that pay their stars and win cups.  

Let's be clear, Vegas got to start with a fresh Salary cap and was able to build the team the way they wanted. Huge kudos to them as they did an incredible job,  no other expansion team has ever been so successful (to my knowledge) so I'd call them the exception, not the norm.  Seatle did a pretty good job mind you. 

Toronto and Edmonton are two more examples of "paying their stars" which doesn't equal to winning. I expressed the attitude of the players having much effect on that then how much they were paid. Just the simple fact of wanting the most they can get is an attitude I am not too fond of.

Miller and Hughes want to win , and I am sure Petey is with them as well we shall soon see.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just a reminder that this is not a national game in Canada, it is on Centre Ice and is a regional game on Sportsnet Pacific. Sportsnet made the wrong decision to not promote the game to national status for Wednesday Night Hockey, their #2 signature night!

• ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

#5 Orange, TheSport, The Astor, The Turf, Commodore, The Metro, The Commercial, Hard Rock Cafe, too many to post, they were everywhere. Women could make huge money dancing. Lots of them. 

Just about ALL the sports bars are gone. Used to be numerous bars and Pubs around. They sponsored numerous sports teams and charities.

Our kids just hang out doing whatever now once they age out of minor age sports.

Cancer rates are increasing in young people

This game may shape the future for the Canucks.

Hughes and Hronek are going to get close to 30 minutes ice time each and tomorrow get in a plane pressurized to 8000 feet which will dehydrate them and then play another game in less than 24 hours. Injuries are likely.

Defence depth will be challenged, Demko better have a FAAAANnnnTTTAAAastic game.

The Commodore Ballroom had strippers? Wut?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, hwy19man said:

Just a reminder that this is not a national game in Canada, it is on Centre Ice and is a regional game on Sportsnet Pacific. Sportsnet made the wrong decision to not promote the game to national status for Wednesday Night Hockey, their #2 signature night!

Do you want Singh working the game?

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

This game is going to be fun to watch! 

BUT, not as fun as Formula 1 racing in Las Vegas on the Strip at night! 

Vegas Baby!!!

This Fri-Sun. 

:towel:

Blech. The old tracks at Watkin's Glen and Sebring were great.

Don't even know why they bother with the US Grand Prix. Americans only like watching cars go around an oval.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BarneyKook said:

Bo's comments are a nothing burger and hope he isnt boo'ed

still some friendly jabs are in order... 

"Hey Bo! You weren't one of the best captains in canucks history... I'll tell you that for free"

If people are talking about this post game, then Nux probably played a poor game.  

Let's hope for a W.  

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

I can watch cars drive on roads anytime I look out my window or step outside. 

next you'll tell me there's some really exciting paint that plans to dry this weekend. 

These are the most advanced/engineered racing cars out there. 

The top cars themselves are worth north of $50 million. The drivers are fighter jet pilot equivalent in physicality. 

The who’s who of celebrities will be at Vegas for the race on Sunday. It’s gonna be like Super Bowl wrapped in a Stanley Cup final kinda shindig. 

Those cars have so much downforce, they could, at max speed(300 km/h) stick to the roof of a tunnel. 

The race is going to showcase the new crazy Vegas video dome. 

This is one spectacle that no ought to miss. 

The only paint that you’ll see, is the one that’s traded between the cars after they crash into each other.(And I hope they don’t.)

This is must see teeveeeeeee! I promise that the race and the festivities beforehand are worth it. You got my guarantee on it. 

These are the most advanced/engineered racing cars out there. 

The top cars themselves are worth north of $50 million. The drivers are fighter jet pilot equivalent in physicality. 

The who’s who of celebrities will be at Vegas for the race on Sunday. It’s gonna be like Super Bowl wrapped in a Stanley Cup final kinda shindig. 

Those cars have so much downforce, they could, at max speed(300 km/h) stick to the roof of a tunnel. 

The race is going to showcase the new crazy Vegas video dome. 

This is one spectacle that no ought to miss. 

The only paint that you’ll see, is the one that’s traded between the cars after they crash into each other.(And I hope they don’t.)

This is must see teeveeeeeee! I promise that the race and the festivities beforehand are worth it. You got my guarantee on it. 

vroom vroom doesn't interest me in the slightest until someone turns into a fireball, and even then only briefly. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Blech. The old tracks at Watkin's Glen and Sebring were great.

Don't even know why they bother with the US Grand Prix. Americans only like watching cars go around an oval.

There’s a huge U.S. and Canadian following because of the Netflix ‘Drive To Survive’ series. 

Formula 1 makes NASCAR and Indy Racing what the NHL is to the AHL and Euro Leagues. 

Silverstone in England, Monaco, Brazil, and many other iconic tracks are still there. 

That’s too bad. If anything, give this Vegas race a shot. It’ll be fun. 

I appreciate the recommendation and respect your earnest enthusiasm, but I'm afraid it's just not in the cards. 

• Like 1