[GDT] - November 15th 2023 - Canucks vs Islanders @ Rogers Arena - 7:00 PM PDT - SNP, AM650 - Bo-o Horvat Edition

JoGuitar

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Toronto and Edmonton are two more examples of "paying their stars" which doesn't equal to winning. I expressed the attitude of the players having much effect on that then how much they were paid. Just the simple fact of wanting the most they can get is an attitude I am not too fond of.

Miller and Hughes want to win , and I am sure Petey is with them as well we shall soon see.

Yeah, Petey will set the ceiling on our salary cap structure for next three years until we have to re-sign Quinn. 

Having the ceiling be 10.5 million or 12 million for the next 8 years will make a big difference when the rest of our players line up behind him, and I'm hoping that JT at 8 million pulls Petey's number down a bit. 

It's also why I'm very confident that Hronek will not get more then 7 mil/year. Quinn at 7.85 is the ceiling for our d-men. 

If Matthews, Mariner, and Tavares all made 9 million per year instead of their numbers, they would've had a cup or two by now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheGuardian said:

#5 Orange, TheSport, The Astor, The Turf, Commodore, The Metro, The Commercial, Hard Rock Cafe, too many to post, they were everywhere. Women could make huge money dancing. Lots of them. 

Just about ALL the sports bars are gone. Used to be numerous bars and Pubs around. They sponsored numerous sports teams and charities.

Our kids just hang out doing whatever now once they age out of minor age sports.

Cancer rates are increasing in young people

This game may shape the future for the Canucks.

Hughes and Hronek are going to get close to 30 minutes ice time each and tomorrow get in a plane pressurized to 8000 feet which will dehydrate them and then play another game in less than 24 hours. Injuries are likely.

Defence depth will be challenged, Demko better have a FAAAANnnnTTTAAAastic game.

#5 Orange was as gritty and fun as a nudie bar could be. Our work outing one night back in 01 was something else. Long story short, there’s always one mouthpiece in every group that gets everyone in trouble. And that place os the last place you want to start trouble with the staff. Loudmouth argues with shooter girl after taking shots and not paying. Minutes later we are all outside and one patch member after another storm out the back entrance looking for our buddy. I was never so scared in my life. I was dodging minivans and Porsches as I ran for my life across two lanes of oncoming traffic. We all reconvened at the limo some 20 minutes later and we find out I’m the only one to escape unscathed. I think we added up 7-8 broken ribs between 3 guys, 2 busted noses, 6 black eyes and a few good stories after surviving a beat down by the local bmx club. 

• Haha 1

I might be in the minority...I went to Bo's first game as captain and the draft where he was taken and was stoked.  

I'll tell you something for free and not 8.5 million dollars.  You sell out and take shots at the fans you get to sleep in that bed.

No quarter I hope the team comes to play and Quinn shows him what he was missing.,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Gonna guess a 6-3 game. Shrug, I have no respect for the SJS this season but I do have respect for some of their players to out up points, just not enough to win. LOL.

You are a cavalcade of humour extraction. 

Never change my friend! 😜

1 minute ago, Mando27 said:

Trailer Park Boys Beer GIF by hero0fwar

@Optimist Prime IS the liquor! 

• Haha 1