[GDT] - November 15th 2023 - Canucks vs Islanders @ Rogers Arena - 7:00 PM PDT - SNP, AM650 - Bo-o Horvat Edition

JoGuitar

I watched the Islanders game vs the Oil the other night and they are terrible defensively and offensively. if we don't come away with 2 points tonight it's a major fail. 

I'm hoping for a SJ or Oilers style blowout so fans will have plenty of time to chant 😉😏

• Like 1

Glad to feel able to watch the game tonight, just getting over  2 days of being bedridden with the worst flu I’ve ever had 

ironically 1 week after getting the flu shot 

so I’m really glad I feel almost normal and able to actually focus , been looking forward to this one 

• Huggy Bear 2

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

So Horvat got pissy at management for how his contract negotiations were handled ? He was the one who wanted to play hardball. 

He said that he thought he would be a Canuck for the rest of his career at one point. He was holding management over a barrel and he thought they had to sign him. He probably didn't think that they would actually trade him. But they did. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I watched the Islanders game vs the Oil the other night and they are terrible defensively and offensively. if we don't come away with 2 points tonight it's a major fail. 

I'm hoping for a SJ or Oilers style blowout so fans will have plenty of time to chant 😉😏

I was thinking the same. The team is as bad as Horvats contract. But maybe their goalie will steal one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

So Horvat got pissy at management for how his contract negotiations were handled ? He was the one who wanted to play hardball. 

He said that he thought he would be a Canuck for the rest of his career at one point. He was holding management over a barrel and he thought they had to sign him. He probably didn't think that they would actually trade him. But they did. 

They started out by severely low-balling him and offered a contract lower than what he was already making. Pretty disrespectful when publicly management was saying how important he was and how much they liked him. That obviously pissed him off and he made the decision at that point that he wouldn't take a discount. I think that's a fair reaction to what happened. He then got off to an insane start and hiked-up his price tag. Obviously what the Islanders signed him to is an overpayment but that doesn't mean Vancouver management didn't disrespect him.

Edit: management also at one point apparently decided to just stop negotiating so that didn't really help things either.

Edited by Diamonds

10 minutes ago, NucksFan said:

Glad to feel able to watch the game tonight, just getting over  2 days of being bedridden with the worst flu I’ve ever had 

ironically 1 week after getting the flu shot 

so I’m really glad I feel almost normal and able to actually focus , been looking forward to this one 

Get better. All my best. 

6 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I was thinking the same. The team is as bad as Horvats contract. But maybe their goalie will steal one.

• Like 1