[GDT] - November 15th 2023 - Canucks vs Islanders @ Rogers Arena - 7:00 PM PDT - SNP, AM650 - Bo-o Horvat Edition

JoGuitar

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Hmm...It's not like Vancouver was on fire at the time, right?

Never understood why Canuck fans took this so personally. We were trending hard downwards and the management had just treated a beloved coach like trash. Of course things sucked in Vancouver at the time. Bo was just being honest about how bad things were in Vancouver and butthurt fans couldn't deal with that.

Well said. Some acted like it was a personal attack on them. It was nothing but an answer to a question the media  asked hoping and worded to do just that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While I'm glad that management kept Miller and traded Horvat, I hope those in attendance tonight have some couth and don't boo Bo. That'll only look bad on the fans. 

Fans will not boo for Horvat if Horvat tells something for free 😉

• Haha 2

@Miss Korea Iginla never gave the fans of Calgary any reason to boo him. After he went to Boston and then Pittsburg I don’t recall him bad mouthing Calgary. That said he might of received some jeers in both those cities.  You should know something about being unpopular Bob loblaw. Your post rep ratio on CDC suggests people don’t really like what you had to say there. And I still see you being as confrontational as you were there. Have a good day champ. 

Edited by Chon derry
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

@Miss Korea Iginla never gave the fans of Calgary any reason to boo him. After he went to Boston and then Pittsburg I don’t recall him bad mouthing Calgary. That said he might of received some jeers in both those cities.  You should know something about being unpopular Bob loblaw. Your post rep ratio on CDC suggests people don’t really like what you had to say there. And I still see you being as confrontational as you were there. Have a good day champ. 

You're getting into advanced analytics 😂

What's a post rep ratio? 

2 new terms I learned recently. That and PDO. 

44 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

I'm sorry I called you out for saying something stupid and douchey

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Meh, Wolanin deserves it way more, but I like Hirose too. Let's see how he does if he plays. I expect he will, given that Soucy was playing LD.

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

Wolanin, playing better, or Irwin. 60+ NHL games last season, would have been better callups, but we'd lose either to waivers on reassignment.   So Hirose, waiver exempt, is more logical

According to an article I read earlier today, the Canucks were considering both Hirose and Wolanin, but chose the former because Wolanin is apparently dealing with a minor injury.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1