[GDT] - November 15th 2023 - Canucks vs Islanders @ Rogers Arena - 7:00 PM PDT - SNP, AM650 - Bo-o Horvat Edition

JoGuitar

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I'm sorry I called you out for saying something stupid and douchey

Find someone else to argue about something as subjective as this. Good luck with your white knight effort at stopping people who might think booing horvat is warranted. Once again I’m sure you know all about being douchy. Since you are the one that started this interaction. You’ve never showed any kind of respect towards me or any other posters you confront. So as far as I’m concerned it’s you who’s showing a douchy confrontational approach to your posts. Stay classy DB. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 3

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

According to the same article I saw about Hirose (sorry, can't find it now, or I'd post it) Myers "got tangled up" with one of the Habs' and was dealing with a minor injury. Given the day off today, but Tocchet expects him to play against the Isles.

Yup, I think RT said day off to be precautious and he expects him to play tomorrow. Funny how he was almost run out of town but we are now hoping he is able to suit up tomorrow. Things change pretty quickly in sports

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Rip, I reposted your link to this real good story about Roman Basran, in case people missed the first chance.

So, this practice goaltender is 6'2" 215lbs and an extremely dedicated Canucks all his life of 22 years.

As late as 2022, he was in the OHL playoffs and posted a 2.15 goals against average per game and a .915 save percentage over 7 games.

In the 2023 Usports playoffs for Brock University, he posted a 2.42 goals against average per game and a .919 save percentage over 5 games.

We may have yet another Cinderella Story on our hands here.

Wouldn't that be lovely for all (except Edmonton, and Calgary, and all the other teams desperate for a tender).

• Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

You're getting into advanced analytics 😂

What's a post rep ratio? 

2 new terms I learned recently. That and PDO. 

The amount of posts you’ve made and the amount of reputation points you receive. It’s an indicator of how much respect you get. And like it’s name it’s an indicator of your reputation. If the ratio is more posts than reps people aren’t responding as good as they could. Cheers. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Yup, I think RT said day off to be precautious and he expects him to play tomorrow. Funny how he was almost run out of town but we are now hoping he is able to suit up tomorrow. Things change pretty quickly in sports

When a player earns the title of whipping boy for this fanbase, it becomes kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Posters will flood a GDT with criticism of a certain player, after which every little thing he does wrong gets mentioned by half of the people in the thread and is amplified far beyond what it deserves.

Meanwhile, anything positive said player does, goes completely unnoticed.

Myers has been the source of many adventures as a Canuck, but he's nowhere near as bad as he;s been made out to be.

FTR: I remember arguing exactly the same thing about both Edler and Juice, back in their playing days.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Ofcourse it is. I expect a lot of applause and cheering mixed in with some random jeers which would be reflective of the fanbase here. Every family has idiots 😆

Agreed, not Bo's fault he was stuck in the Benning Era.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

BTW, Canuck fans at the game: Show a bit of class and don't boo Horvat. Don't let one comment made out of frustration outweigh 9 years of good service.

Maybe the words of some of the current Canucks will resonate:

https://ckpgtoday.ca/2023/11/14/canucks-look-to-bo-horvats-first-game-back-in-vancouver-with-n-y-islanders/

Exactly. Anyone who boos Horvat on his return is a miserable ass. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Oh yeah?  Imagine Calgary booing this guy:

You boo the players who deserve it.  Horvat doesn't deserve it.  Don't embarass this hockey club.

There won't be enough booing people to make any kind of difference; a raindrop hitting the Pacific Ocean.

Party On!  GO CANUCKS GO!

Landlord say,

"Rent is late!  Why do you procrastinate?"

Don't worry; be happy.  

And of course, 

8804533.gif

• Cheers 1

I’ll boo from home just the first time Bo touches the puck. After that I’ll hate him just as much as the other 19 guys in an Ilse’s jersey. Then root for them to take down the flames later this week. Yeah he’s a great guy and did an alright job as the Captain in a tough market. But two playoff appearances in 9 years. 5-6 years of a bottom feeder doesn’t scream “Legend” status in Vancity. 

let’s go boys. Hopefully Bo takes the NYI to the Cobalt for a few cold ones tonight. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

The amount of posts you’ve made and the amount of reputation points you receive. It’s an indicator of how much respect you get. And like it’s name it’s an indicator of your reputation. If the ratio is more posts than reps people aren’t responding as good as they could. Cheers. 

Learn something new (on CFF) everyday I swear; even if I have to google it up.

How you know so much stuffs Chon derry?  You been working with Lon MacRaine?

• Haha 2