CFFGML - 2023-24

23 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQEV8qIxa5F8QiE6lv3Is9n5Z7pm8OnZ8qyCiRgLawyioKSzxDOq03wDo&usqp=CAU ENTRY DRAFT REPORT:

The New Jersey Devils have concluded a very busy day at the GML Entry Draft. Hats off to @canuck2xtreme, @Rush, and @Caboose and anyone else I may have left out for all their hard work and time today!

The Devils made 13 selections today drafting six forwards, five defensemen, and two goaltenders. Two later picks were traded, one to the Jets to add a pick in 2025 as well as another to Pittsburgh to bring in young prospect forward Samu Salinen.

First Round Selections

C Michael Hage - 18th overall

RW Justin Poirier - 31st overall

Second Round Selections 

D Tomas Galvas - 46th overall

D Jakub Fibigr - 54th overall

Third Round Selections 

RW Miguel Marques - 64th overall

D Luke Osburn - 66th overall

C Tomas Mrsic - 75th overall

C Max Plante - 77th overall

G Eemil Vinni - 81st overall

D Luca Marrelli - 82nd overall

G Nicholas Kempf - 89th overall

C Christian Humphreys- 92nd overall

Fourth Round Selections 

D Leon Muggli - 95th overall

We had produced an extensive listing of players for our Draft board and had a lot of fun reading reports, stats sheets, watching a little video and trying at the ever so amateur level to make assessments on countless youngsters. 

It was a lot of fun, interacting with the GML family along the way was and continues to be an awesome experience.

Selecting Michael Hage was a sweet moment as he was the player I continued to project being at around 18th. Quite surprised to have him right where we wanted him.

Excited to add each player and start to stock the traditionally bare or place holders of a prospect pool with legitimate NHL prospects at each position.

I won't bore with the amateur details but it was a lot of fun trying to identify certain qualities in the types of players I wanted and subsequently chose.

Thanks again to everyone here for a great day.

If anyone has any thoughts on my picks, where they were selected etc please fire away.

Thanks!

All your prospects are solid picks Mike.

Hage has the makings of a top six two way centre.

Poirier is a sniper, goals win games and he scored over 50 last season. 

Marelli could be a steal in the third, two way RHD are valuable commodities. 

I picked up Kempf in Nails league.

The tools are there for him to get a job in the NHL.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

After a weekend of fishing and relaxing, the GML draft was the perfect cherry on top. 

Thank you to @canuck2xtreme @Caboose for keeping things moving smooth, you're time and effort is greatly appreciated. 

After revamping the defense in Chicago this year i was hoping to take home a solid forward prospect, Catton falling to 12th was more than i could've hoped for. 

After missing my pick in the second i felt i might as well take a swing, and i feel Mac Swanson was exactly that. The USHL Clark Cup MVP, USHL Forward of the Year, USHL Most Assists / Best +/- and USHL Player of the Year, is a small player that i hope follows in the footsteps of other small NHL stars.

Looking forward to next year!

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

IMG_5986.png.aa40988efd49c97ca7644a14bdc2a25b.png

The Toronto Maple Leafs are thrilled with how draft day turned out despite not make a single pick. Toronto had a couple contracts they that have been trying to move for weeks and today hours before the draft kicked off talks intensified leading to a series of trades that when the dust settled the Leafs had managed to move all of their undesired assets for reasonable prices. GM Johnny was quoted saying that he was very thankful with the GM’s involved for smooth negotiations and an appreciation shoutout to GM Relyt Krets for saving the series of trades that took place after a crucial trade was almost vetoed do to a technical miscommunication. Looking forward towards free agency it’s rumoured that the Leafs have a recently reached out with a contract to soon to be UFA Sergei Bobrobsky. The Leafs will also be looking to add a couple of bottom pairing defensemen but are elated with how much of this years roster will be carried into next season. 

24/25 predicted Lineup: 

Kyle Connor Nathan M. Sam Reinhart

Evander Kane  Trent Frederic  Patrick Kane

Eetu Luostarinen Logan S. Alex Laferriere

Danton H. Mike Amadio Michael Eyssimont

Jimmy Vesey  Conor Sheary

Quinn Hughes  Shea Theodore 

Brett Kulak  Adam Larsson

Colin Miller  ?

?

*Sergei Bobrovsky

Daniel Vladar

*Contract offered. 

Milan Lucic has also been left off of 24/25 season predicted lineup do to the likelihood that Lucic will more than likely never play a NHL game again. 

- Call up: Logan Stankoven

-Call up: Alex Laferriere 

• Like 4

Florida Panthers - Wikipedia

Draft Recap

2) Zayne Parekh

19) Trevor Connelly

34) Jett Luchanko

39) Marek Vanacker

55) Dominik Badinka

62) Lukas Fischer

69) Sam O'Reilly

83) Mikhail Ilyin

84) Yegor Zavragin

91) Eriks Mateiko

99) Filip Eriksson

101) Yevgeni Volokhin

103) Blake Mongomery

Pre Free Agency Organizational Depth Chart

NHL Lines

Spoiler

M. Tkachuk - C. Keller - M. Michkov

M. Knies - A. Lundell - T. Terry

R. Fabbri - ______- ______

B. Malenstyn - ______- J. Parssinen

______ - ______

T. Harley - B. Byam

S. Girard - ______

______ - R. Ristolainen

B. Pachal

T. Jarry

A. Stolarz

AHL Lines

Spoiler

N. Grebyonkin - C. Guttman - A. Gritsyuk 

M. Berezkin - J. Finley - T. Boucher

A. Rykov - R. Greene - T. Robins

I. Safonov - F. Pinelli

E. Andrae - T. Vilen

G. White

V. Zherenko

D. Clara

S. Ivanov

Unsigned Prospects / Draft Picks

Spoiler

T. Connelly - C. Ritchie - E. Cowan

A. Cristall - J. Luchanko - G. Sawchyn

M. Vanacker - S. O’Reilly - M. Ilyin

B. Montgomery - F. Eriksson - E. Mateiko

L. Cagnoni - Z. Parekh

E. Morin - D. Badinka

L. Fischer - D. Kuzmin

H. Thornton

Y. Zavragin

I. Volokhin

2025: FLA 1st, NYR 1st, DAL 2nd, NJ 2nd, WSH 2nd, FLA 3rd, OTT 3rd, DAL 4th, FLA 4th, NYR 4th, OTT 4th, TB 4th

2026: FLA 1st, FLA 2nd, FLA 3rd, FLA 4th

Edited by Gally
  • Like 4

On 6/21/2024 at 9:02 AM, ThatMike said:

EXTENSION: The Utah Hockey Club have signed forward Viktor Arvidsson to a three year contract extension.

Utah Hockey Club (2025 - 2025)Viktor Arvidsson: $17.7 million dollar contract ($5.9m per season)

when you get a chance @canuck2xtreme - this is missing from my sheet

Really excited about our haul of prospects:

6. Anton Silayev

33. Matvei Gridin

36. Yegor Surin

67. Kamil Bednarik

97. Kim Saarinen

98. Miko Matikka

119. Simon Zether

We had decided early in the season that the 2025 draft will be the stronger class, so we put more of our focus into acquiring 2025 picks, but still ended up with 7 picks in this draft and landed some prospects we really like.

Personally, I have Silayev #2 overall in my IRL rankings now, although he may not be quite as valuable in fantasy as he is IRL. Watching him in KHL all year, he didn't show much offensive promise, but when I watched him at the end of the season in MHL playoffs against his peers I started to see some flashes of offensive upside. The thing that put him over the top for me was that he's going to win. Comparable to defensemen like Hedman, Chara, Pronger - we spend so much in assets in these leagues chasing players on contending teams, but when he's in his prime, whatever team Silayev is on is going to be a contender just by virtue of him playing there.

Other than that, it was important for us to get at least one goalie into the system, and Saarinen was one of our top 3 ranked guys. Surin was one guy that both Ilunga and I had been big fans of all season long, so it was a tough call to take Gridin at 33, but he has the potential to be an offensive dynamo and is going to a legendary program in Michigan, and thankfully we were still able to nab Surin at 36. I keep track of NTDP stats against NCAA DI opponents every year, and Bednarik was their 3rd best producer at that level after Hagens and Eiserman, and he's committed to another legendary program in BU.

We've still got one more year to go in full-scale rebuild mode, but the prospect pool is starting to pile up, and I think we're not too far out from icing a perennial contender.

Edited by MatchesMalone
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

@The Brindy Gypsy

4.6 – Buyouts

There are two separate one week buyout periods. One from June 20th-27th and one from Sept.23rd-30th. During these buyout periods, teams can buy players out of their contracts if they so desire. Any teams buying out a contract will incur a cap hit of 33% of the player’s annual salary for each remaining year of the contract. Players must clear unconditional waivers before they can be bought out, unless that player holds a NMC.  Players with a NMC are able to be bought out without unconditional waivers.

Edited by Mike Vanderhoek
  • Like 1

Updated VGK roster

Artturi Lehkonen           Matty Beniers           Johnathan Marchessault
Bryan Rust                     Scott Laughton         
Blake Coleman              Gavin Brindley            Filip Zadina
Sammy Blais                  Kevin Hayes               Brett Leason
Jesse Ylonen

Mike Matheson            Sean Durzi
Calen Addison             Justin Faulk
PO Joseph                   David Reinbacher
Henry Thrun                Jeff Petry