CFFGML - 2023-24

ESPN on X: "Vladimir Tarasenko has now been a part of the last two Stanley  Cup Final Game 7s and WON both times 👏 https://t.co/vr8FIroc9q" / X

Congrats to Vladdy Tarasenko (x2) and Josh Mahura on becoming Stanley Cup Champions.

We couldnt be more thrilled for these players and are excited they apart of our organization. Seeing Vladdy Tarasenko's name up in expansion got me very excited. We did our best to contain our excitement and couldn't be happier with the outcome. We are happy for Tarasenko to run out his career here in Anaheim. 

We would like to thank all the GM's who worked with us during expansion. I know it was a short notice type situation and I'm glad we could get it done in quick order. Thank you to snowflake for allowing us to acquire Adam Fantilli on draft day. Adding a franchise caliber player is never an easy feat and we hope he can turn around the jackets franchise IRL. 

With all of that being said. The Anaheim Ducks are back baby! Our fans could not be more thrilled and we are excited to showcase what our lines may look like for the upcoming season. We obviously have some holes to fill but we are shaping out to be a half decent team. We certainly lost two key pieces in the Fantilli deal in Elias Lindholm and Brenden Dillon but we hope to fill some of those points lost in expansion.

We are open to making some additional trades if we can make some roster improvements in our top six. We have a pretty deep team upfront but we could use more support and experience maybe on the back end. Here are our projected lines before free agency. 

New Anaheim Ducks logo leaked by their home arena | Markerzone.com

Jaden Schwartz - Adam Fantilli - Vlad Tarasenko

Drew O'Connor - Rickard Rakell - Eeli Tolvanen

Lawson Crouse - Adam Lowry - Yegor Chinakhov

Warren Foegele - Nicolas Roy - Jordan Greenway

Casey Cizikas

Torey Krug - Colton Parayko

Ryan McDonagh - Ryan Pulock

Nicolas Hague - TBD

Josh Mahura

Samuel Ersson

Semyon Varlamov

We have not yet figured out captaincy's quite yet. We will sort that out later this summer after free agency and we are more firmly set with our roster. Anyone who is close to UFA status for next season could be trade fodder - we will listen to inquires. The lines above probably are not right with Fantilli in the 1C slot but given what we have we feel he can maybe earn that role. We wouldn't be opposed to adding a top six center and are open to making upgrades in top 6 forward positions and top 4 defense. Samuel Ersson could potentially be in play for a legitimate starter if we feel they have a good contract and are on a team we believe can compete. 

Thank you to everyone's participation and I am thrilled to be back! 

Rush

Ducks GM

• Like 2

GML 2024 Free Agent List

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ruWzwJisbGiMvQ2-V7fZUxidRzVQ0IdVlb84jIQ9quQ/edit?gid=0#gid=0

Please find the upcoming free agent list via the link above - I have gone over the past few weeks of signings and qualifying offers and believe this to be a pretty accurate list. Please advise if I've missed anything.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, arby18 said:

GML 2024 Free Agent List

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ruWzwJisbGiMvQ2-V7fZUxidRzVQ0IdVlb84jIQ9quQ/edit?gid=0#gid=0

Please find the upcoming free agent list via the link above - I have gone over the past few weeks of signings and qualifying offers and believe this to be a pretty accurate list. Please advise if I've missed anything.

My RFA list isn't quite accurate.

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

The agents have access to this document and is being double and triple checked. This is one of those reasons why we ask teams to submit ONE pm per player for any negotiations. There are a few teams continuing to lump them all together. Yuck 🤣

That ain't me. You got all my offers separately!

17 hours ago, Ilunga said:

A question for the executive. 

How many players does the ELC slide apply to.

I understand it to be as many as are eligible if you have put the money into that department. @canuck2xtreme when available can confirm. I also do not know if players on ELC slide are unable to be traded or not so will have c2x confirm.

• Like 1