CFFGML - 2023-24

Sharpshooter

TRADE: The Vancouver Canucks have made a trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning.

To VAN:

spacer.png Mattias Ekholm (50% retained by Tampa Bay)
spacer.png Jake Debrusk
spacer.png Caleb Jones

spacer.png ARI 2024 4th Round Draft Selection

To TB:

spacer.png Nick Suzuki
spacer.png Radko Gudas
spacer.png Pheonix Copley
spacer.png Bryce McConnell-Barker
spacer.png Mattyas Sapovaliv
spacer.png VAN 2024 1st Round Draft Selection

• Like 1

TRADE: The Tampa Bay Lightning have made a trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

To TOR:

spacer.png Shea Theodore

To TB:

spacer.png Lukas Dragicevic
spacer.png Caden Price
spacer.png Jacob Fowler
spacer.png ARI 2024 1st Round Draft Selection
spacer.png TOR 2025 1st Round Draft Selection

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Theo5789 said:

Vancouver Canucks assign Parker Wotherspoon and Michael Kesselring to the minors (no waivers required)

Vancouver Canucks activate Arturri Lehkonen from IR

Sorry @canuck2xtreme, Vancouver Canucks call up Parker Wotherspoon to the main roster since we got blindsided on a deal

11 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The New Jersey Devils have made a trade with the Seattle Kraken.

To NJ:

spacer.png Calle Jarnkrok

To SEA:

spacer.png Aleksanteri Kaskimaki
spacer.png Future Considerations

Aleksanteri Kaskimaki has been on our wish list for a bit, and although we are sad to say goodbye to the talent of 32 year old 3rd liner Calle Jarnkrok, we feel this was the best move going forward for the club. Notably we have 10 2022 draftees to sign before next season, among them Brad Lambert, Owen Pickering, Adam Sykora, David Goyette Maveric Lamoureux and other notable young talent. Now Aleksanteri Kaskimaki joins that groundswell of resurgence for the Seattle Kraken. We managed to also add futures which will help down the road. Thanks to Jersey for the talks. I have had a crush of offers come in since this was announced, and I am looking at them all carefully, however this is not a 'seller' mode. We are a good team with good talent and plan to compete year in and year out. In coming days I will publish on disc some moveable assets.

• Cheers 1

Nathan McKinnon could be had if someone is willing to pay a kings ransom.

Connor Ingram + available for a playoff starter

Other pieces available out of Toronto include...

Wyatt Kaiser

Jack Ahcan

Jake Livingstone

Xavier Bourgault

Fredrik Karlstrom

Riley Duran

Matvei Petrov

David Edstrom

Nick Lardis

Gavin Hayes

Jesse Kiiskinen

Tristan Bertucci

Mathieu Cataford

Sergei Murashov

24 CAR 2nd Round Pick

24 SJS 3rd Round Pick

24 SJS 4th Round Pick

25 TOR 2nd Round Pick

25 TOR 3rd Round Pick

11 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The New Jersey Devils have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To NJ:

spacer.png Ryan Lindgren

To CBJ:

spacer.png Jon Merrill
spacer.png Ty Voit
spacer.png Francesco Arcuri

CBJ are currently sitting 10th in league standings and have some phenomenal prime aged pieces. I really like where the team is sitting but I am looking to get younger now and in the future to create a contention window beyond this season. Voit was a player I identified as trending up from being a standout in the OHL, and Arcuri is a top 10 prospect in the Dallas system who's moving in the right direction. Right now I'm looking to get younger, better playoff pieces for my forward corps, and then I'll move towards building my d-group further. I felt I could trade Lindgren because Pinto has returned so the points would roughly be a wash, plus I get a veteran defenseman who will likely be dealt to a playoff team IRL. 

CBJ are open for business but the goal is not to sell. I will add to current players to get better pieces but I'm not looking for picks & prospects in return unless I have a follow-up deal in place. Of my superstars, I would only entertain moving Kaprizov for a similar aged player on a playoff team and even then I'm honestly not that interested. It would take an overpayment for me to budge. I would, however, like to upgrade on Bastian.

Kaprizov - Reinhart - Pastrnak

Buchnevich - Norris - Bastian 

Kubalik - Pinto - Duhaime 

Barre-Boulet - Stenlund - Fischer 

Gauthier

Skjei - Trouba 

Samuelson - Faber 

Hague - Merrill

Bobrovsky 

Nedeljkovic

CBJ places Jacob Bryson and Dyson Mayo on waivers for purpose of assignment. 

• Like 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQEV8qIxa5F8QiE6lv3Is9n5Z7pm8OnZ8qyCiRgLawyioKSzxDOq03wDo&usqp=CAU TRADE REPORT:

The New Jersey Devils would like to thank GMs @Honkin Hronek, @Gally, @Caboose, @Optimist Prime, @JIAHN, @Devron, @MatchesMalone, and @Ilunga specifically for your time and involvement in recent trade negotiations that brought about finalized deals. The time by many other GMs during this time is much appreciated.

The Devils entered the weekend closing in on a couple deals and things simply grew from there to the point a total of six trades have been completed.

With a rash of injuries hitting the Devils of late and a couple roster spots before that point being occupied by a mix-mash of players trying to stay in the line up, the decision was made to work on bringing in more NHL producing bodies. Having three forwards in Jeff Skinner, William Karlsson, and Casey Cizikas all out with injury the team acted promptly to add to the forward group.

Enter the Panthers and forward Jason Dickinson, this player was presented as being available and at the cost of a draft pick ( Mike doesn't even know how to use those things lol ). The decision was made to proceed in sending out a later pick in 2025 for the productive allstar forward.

A bigger deal was discussed with the Blues, the main pieces sorted and both clubs slept on it and gave it some time before agreeing to proceed. Much thanks to @Devron for your time here and patience throughout. Moving defenseman JJ Moser was a difficult decision but being able to bring in a couple Playoff bound forwards and one being former 1st overall selection Alexis Lafreniere, we felt he still has room to grow and establish himself further while being on a contender in New York. Adding Warren Foegele to the deal was someone we have had our eye on and feel he comes in more under the radar but has increased his production this year. Jamie Oleksiak comign in on defense muffles the sting a little from Moser's departure and provides more muscle from the backend on a bubble team.

Reaching out to the always fair @Optimist Prime the Devils found another deal that made sense for both clubs. Adding forward Calle Jarnkrok as a 3rd line forward who is producing at a nice clip, running on a much cheaper contract than other bigger name just as equal Leafs 3rd liners while being 5th on the team in goals with ten felt like a major positive for our group and moving out a very good forward prospect and futures felt like the right move to make.

Coming to agreement on a deal with the Stars, we were able to recoup an asset for a pending UFA in forward Patrick Maroon. He no doubt still has value and could very easily end up on a playoff club this season, we just wanted to add players with more offensive production while playing a physical game. Warren Foegle's addition from the Blues deal gives a replacement for Maroon with term.

Needing to address the club's back end, the Devils swung a couple of deals that while moving out futures does change up and add production to our defense corps moving into the second half of the season and into the Playoffs.

Bringing in Ryan Lindgren of the Rangers who still has team control was an addition we wanted to move on and after what seemed like an entire Sunday of discussion with Columbus a deal came together that both sides can live with. We are excited to bring Ryan to our defense.

Sitting on discussions with the Red Wings, their shrewd negotiator in @MatchesMalone was fair and patient while we worked on assets involved in a deal that ultimately brought back veteran defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk to the Devils. His experience and secondary production from the back end was something we targeted in trying to upgrade our defense. Aram Minnetian is a very good prospect and it was a tough call for a defenseman whom is long in the tooth but you have to give to get. 

The Devils welcome Alexis Lafreniere, Warren Foegele, Calle Jarnkrok, Jamie Oleksiak, Ryan Lindgren, and Kevin Shattenkirk to the organization!

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQEV8qIxa5F8QiE6lv3Is9n5Z7pm8OnZ8qyCiRgLawyioKSzxDOq03wDo&usqp=CAU TRADE REPORT:

The New Jersey Devils would like to thank GMs @Honkin Hronek, @Gally, @Caboose, @Optimist Prime, @JIAHN, @Devron, @MatchesMalone, and @Ilunga specifically for your time and involvement in recent trade negotiations that brought about finalized deals. The time by many other GMs during this time is much appreciated.

The Devils entered the weekend closing in on a couple deals and things simply grew from there to the point a total of six trades have been completed.

With a rash of injuries hitting the Devils of late and a couple roster spots before that point being occupied by a mix-mash of players trying to stay in the line up, the decision was made to work on bringing in more NHL producing bodies. Having three forwards in Jeff Skinner, William Karlsson, and Casey Cizikas all out with injury the team acted promptly to add to the forward group.

Enter the Panthers and forward Jason Dickinson, this player was presented as being available and at the cost of a draft pick ( Mike doesn't even know how to use those things lol ). The decision was made to proceed in sending out a later pick in 2025 for the productive allstar forward.

A bigger deal was discussed with the Blues, the main pieces sorted and both clubs slept on it and gave it some time before agreeing to proceed. Much thanks to @Devron for your time here and patience throughout. Moving defenseman JJ Moser was a difficult decision but being able to bring in a couple Playoff bound forwards and one being former 1st overall selection Alexis Lafreniere, we felt he still has room to grow and establish himself further while being on a contender in New York. Adding Warren Foegele to the deal was someone we have had our eye on and feel he comes in more under the radar but has increased his production this year. Jamie Oleksiak comign in on defense muffles the sting a little from Moser's departure and provides more muscle from the backend on a bubble team.

Reaching out to the always fair @Optimist Prime the Devils found another deal that made sense for both clubs. Adding forward Calle Jarnkrok as a 3rd line forward who is producing at a nice clip, running on a much cheaper contract than other bigger name just as equal Leafs 3rd liners while being 5th on the team in goals with ten felt like a major positive for our group and moving out a very good forward prospect and futures felt like the right move to make.

Coming to agreement on a deal with the Stars, we were able to recoup an asset for a pending UFA in forward Patrick Maroon. He no doubt still has value and could very easily end up on a playoff club this season, we just wanted to add players with more offensive production while playing a physical game. Warren Foegle's addition from the Blues deal gives a replacement for Maroon with term.

Needing to address the club's back end, the Devils swung a couple of deals that while moving out futures does change up and add production to our defense corps moving into the second half of the season and into the Playoffs.

Bringing in Ryan Lindgren of the Rangers who still has team control was an addition we wanted to move on and after what seemed like an entire Sunday of discussion with Columbus a deal came together that both sides can live with. We are excited to bring Ryan to our defense.

Sitting on discussions with the Red Wings, their shrewd negotiator in @MatchesMalone was fair and patient while we worked on assets involved in a deal that ultimately brought back veteran defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk to the Devils. His experience and secondary production from the back end was something we targeted in trying to upgrade our defense. Aram Minnetian is a very good prospect and it was a tough call for a defenseman whom is long in the tooth but you have to give to get. 

The Devils welcome Alexis Lafreniere, Warren Foegele, Calle Jarnkrok, Jamie Oleksiak, Ryan Lindgren, and Kevin Shattenkirk to the organization!

The DEVILS in the details...goram dutchmen...as my sisters father in law would say, (he was from Switzerland and hilariously biggotted against the Dutch, haha)

• Cheers 2

TRADE: The Colorado Avalanche have made a trade with the Philadelphia Flyers.

To COL:

spacer.png Anthony Cirelli (50% retained)
spacer.png Semyon Chistyakov
spacer.png NJ 2024 4th Round Draft Selection

To PHI:

spacer.png Jack McBain
spacer.png COL 2024 2nd Round Draft Selection
spacer.png COL 2025 1st Round Draft Selection
spacer.png COL 2025 2nd Round Draft Selection

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1