CFFGML - 2023-24

Sharpshooter

11 minutes ago, Brettzky said:

Do we have a rough or tentative date or dates for the expansion draft?

Tentative dates:

Protect lists will need to be in by June 12th.

Anaheim's selections will need to be made by June 18th.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Tentative dates:

curious about Jake Neighbours?

he only played 9 NHL games before going back to junior… which in the past means he didn’t accrue a season. If it didn’t… then he is exempt?

1 hour ago, Squeak said:

curious about Jake Neighbours?

he only played 9 NHL games before going back to junior… which in the past means he didn’t accrue a season. If it didn’t… then he is exempt?

Yes he's exempt.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

146 - Washington vs Pittsburgh - 206
154 - Buffalo vs Toronto - 198

238 - Edmonton vs Vancouver - 200
59 - Winnipeg vs Colorado - 189

Damn.. Gunnar have my work cut out for me is the Avs don't pull out the W.. Definitely need the Canucks to beat the Oilers

19 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Holy crap have I missed a lot!

welcome back @Rush, welcome to GML @Snapshot85.

Thank you Mike it is a pleasure to be back! I look forward to many good seasons ahead.

Welcome also to @Snapshot85 

16 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Tentative dates:

Exciting times ahead! Cant wait to see those protection lists. 😶‍🌫️  

ANA Expansion Services:

- We can work out arrangements where you can keep a player outside your list for adequate compensation.

- We can also take on a short term bad contract for the right young player or pick compensation.

- We can also retain salary in a 3-way deal to lessen a contenders payment for reasonable compensation.

We are not looking to take advantage of any teams but for the right incentive we are happy to help you out. 

Thanks for the warm welcome back folks! 😊

• Like 2

22 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

@Squeak these were the proposed expansion rules, but as I've been adding Expansion pages and working on sheets, it seems to be overkill.  In some cases teams would be protecting pending UFAs just to fill a list.

I am currently looking at the difference if we just revert closer to NHL rules, which would be:

Teams would have the option to protect either:

7 forwards, 3 defence, 1 goalie

8 skaters (any position), 1 goalie

Players with 2 or fewer professional seasons would be exempt, as well as unsigned draft picks.

Minimum exposure requirements would remain the same, as well as players with NMC's being automatically protected.  Pending UFAs WILL count towards the exposure limit provided they have played at least 41 games in the 2023-24 season, or 25 games for goaltenders.  RFAs who have been qualified will also count, as they did before.

Anaheim would select 30 players of their choosing, one from every team.

Trying to find the happy medium where both GMs and the expansion team get a fair shake.

I voted yes to expansion based on different rules than this

21 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

146 - Washington vs Pittsburgh - 206
154 - Buffalo vs Toronto - 198

238 - Edmonton vs Vancouver - 200
59 - Winnipeg vs Colorado - 189

Is pickup going to be updated with 2nd round roster?

The Philadelphia Flyers are looking to move up in this seasons draft . We currently hold 3 lower first round picks and a glut of 2nds 3rds and 4ths. 

If Anyone in the top 14 is looking to expand their draft picks let's see if we can make a deal. 

Cap dump may also be avalible.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Just wanna shout out Red Wings prospect Kasper Halttunen who won an OHL championship tonight with the London Knights. It was a completely one-sided series win over Oshawa, but Halttunen finished the final round with 2 hat tricks and a total of 8 goals and 3 assists in 4 games. Congratulations!

Edited by MatchesMalone
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

22 hours ago, ActionJax09 said:

I voted yes to expansion based on different rules than this

Yeah I am a little confused. Perhaps we can get a post of what the rules are for exposure requirements as well as protected requirements.

I am concerned there is not going to be ample time to figure this out in terms of ensuring thresholds are met through a number of trades.

Thanks

My understanding is the 10 NHL games in a season counts as a year of pro hockey. This is used in determining the 2 years or less of pro hockey and being exempt from being selected or needing to be protected. The 41 games is in reference to an expired UFA contract you hold, and they count towards your minimum exposure requirement if they played 41 or more games in the 2023-24 NHL season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Yeah I am a little confused. Perhaps we can get a post of what the rules are for exposure requirements as well as protected requirements.

I am concerned there is not going to be ample time to figure this out in terms of ensuring thresholds are met through a number of trades.

Thanks

My concern is that people seem to be voting based on what's best for their own teams rather than what's best for the league.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

My concern is that people seem to be voting based on what's best for their own teams rather than what's best for the league.

I believe a vote was in place and up for around 24 to 48 hours to determine if the majority supported expansion is all. At that time I believe there was a suggested rule for roster requirements which was later adjusted so as a GM I would have a concern if I voted one way after gathering the information at hand then seeing it be adjusted afterwards may change how a team was going to vote.

It is 2024, nobody votes for the greater good sadly wish I was joking, every GM would be looking at how it affects them or they are not doing their job.

I didn't get a vote as I missed the window to do so, I would have voted against expansion had I not been off the site for a couple days missing the voting window because I feel the league cannot yet support it and we need to fix or sort some issues with respect to communication and activity here firstly.

Thanks

I view expansion as good a good thing for the league. It will help in returning the league to a full 32 team league sooner. As well it will increase parity in the league which will hopefully increase engagement with more GM’s.

3 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I believe a vote was in place and up for around 24 to 48 hours to determine if the majority supported expansion is all. At that time I believe there was a suggested rule for roster requirements which was later adjusted so as a GM I would have a concern if I voted one way after gathering the information at hand then seeing it be adjusted afterwards may change how a team was going to vote.

It is 2024, nobody votes for the greater good sadly wish I was joking, every GM would be looking at how it affects them or they are not doing their job.

I didn't get a vote as I missed the window to do so, I would have voted against expansion had I not been off the site for a couple days missing the voting window because I feel the league cannot yet support it and we need to fix or sort some issues with respect to communication and activity here firstly.

Thanks

I voted to expand, because if your are not a full 32 team league, and you are not actively trying to grow to a full 32 team league, then atrophy is happening and the end of that spiral is the league folding. I hope we can get to 32 before the NHL itself increases to more teams. Would hate to put it off a year when we have a chance to expand by at least one this offseason. I say all of this without any knowledge of how it will affect my team, because the same rules will apply to every team so it isn't a concern to me.

I genuinely did NOT like the floated rule of only 20 guys being selected though, that would mean that 2/3rds of the teams are affected...and 1/3rd isn't which would have sucked, Happier if the new GM gets to pick one guy from every team. Easy and fair, imo. 

• Cheers 1

I am totally for expansion........lets just get the details ironed out fast........

IMO, each team gives up a player (30?)

Define the protection list...............can we get it to the first page and pin it? we should not be discussing this every time, if there is an everytime?

• Vintage 1

@canuck2xtreme

Hi 

Can you define what a pro-season is? Is it, anything over 9 pro-games?

Is it, just NHL pro-games, or does that mean, AHL, SHL, KHL?

As I said in the above post.......can we get it onto the first page...maybe as an edit (aka expansion rules)

Also can you add the protection list numbers there as well.....instead of us keep on asking, or hunting through pages of the thread...

Just requests............you do an amazing job, and you can't think of everything, although you do a pretty knock up job!

Cheers, and Thanks for your consideration!!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Anaheim Ducks Logo PNG Transparent & SVG Vector - Freebie Supply

I am around this morning if you wish to have expansion protection discussions. ANA is open to taking a inflated contract or two.

I'm chilling 😄 I'll be around today and all weekend on discord avail here too.

Edited by Rush

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 6:13 PM, JIAHN said:

@canuck2xtreme

Hi 

Can you define what a pro-season is? Is it, anything over 9 pro-games?

Is it, just NHL pro-games, or does that mean, AHL, SHL, KHL?

As I said in the above post.......can we get it onto the first page...maybe as an edit (aka expansion rules)

Also can you add the protection list numbers there as well.....instead of us keep on asking, or hunting through pages of the thread...

Just requests............you do an amazing job, and you can't think of everything, although you do a pretty knock up job!

Cheers, and Thanks for your consideration!!

EXPANSION RULES!!

Teams have the option to protect either:

8 forwards, 3 defence, 1 goalie

7 forwards, 4 defence, 1 goalie

10 skaters (any position), 1 goalie

All players with NMC's will be automatically protected unless the clause is expressly waived for the purposes of the expansion draft.  NTC's or L-NTC's do not apply and players with those clauses can be exposed.

As for exempt players, the exemption status has bumped up from 2 seasons to 3.  So players with 3 or fewer professional seasons would be exempt, as well as unsigned draft picks.  A professional season is 10 games or more, either in the NHL, KHL or in a European professional league (Czech Extraliga, NLA, SHL, DEL, Liiga).  We are not including AHL seasons for this purpose.

Minimum exposure requirements remain the same; all teams must expose at least 2 forwards, 1 defenceman and 1 goaltender who meet the exposure requirement criteria.  As before, qualified RFA players will count.  Pending UFA players will also count, provided they played at least 41 NHL games in 2024-25 (20 for goaltenders).

Exposure Requirement Criteria:

- player must have played at least 41 NHL games in 2023-24, or 20 NHL games for goaltenders, or 60 NHL games over the past two NHL seasons (25 for goaltenders).
- at least one exposed player must be under contract for the 2024-25 season.

Every team's protected list must be in by 11:59pm on June 12, 2024.  Teams who have not submitted a protection list by that point will have their entire roster (except for exempt players) exposed and eligible to be selected.  Teams submit their protection lists by posting it in the thread.

Anaheim will have until 8:00pm on June 18, 2024 to complete the announcement of their selections.

Anaheim will select 30 players of their choosing, one from each team.  Trades with Anaheim are permitted.

I am working on the expansion draft pages on each teams chart, I will be getting those finished hopefully within the week.

EDIT: I have placed these expansion rules on page 1 in one of the placeholder posts for easy reference.

Edited by canuck2xtreme
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

EXPANSION RULES!!

Teams have the option to protect either:

8 forwards, 3 defence, 1 goalie

7 forwards, 4 defence, 1 goalie

10 skaters (any position), 1 goalie

All players with NMC's will be automatically protected unless the clause is expressly waived for the purposes of the expansion draft.  NTC's or L-NTC's do not apply and players with those clauses can be exposed.

As for exempt players, the exemption status has bumped up from 2 seasons to 3.  So players with 3 or fewer professional seasons would be exempt, as well as unsigned draft picks.  A professional season is 10 games or more, either in the NHL, KHL or in a European professional league.  We are not including AHL seasons for this purpose.

Minimum exposure requirements remain the same; all teams must expose at least 2 forwards, 1 defenceman and 1 goaltender who meet the exposure requirement criteria.  As before, qualified RFA players will count.  Pending UFA players will also count, provided they played at least 41 NHL games in 2024-25.

Exposure Requirement Criteria:

- player must have played at least 41 NHL games in 2023-24, or 25 NHL games for goaltenders, or 60 NHL games over the past two NHL seasons (30 for goaltenders).
- at least one exposed player must be under contract for the 2024-25 season.

Every team's protected list must be in by 11:59pm on June 12, 2024.  Teams who have not submitted a protection list by that point will have their entire roster (except for exempt players) exposed and eligible to be selected.  Teams submit their protection lists by posting it in the thread.

Anaheim will have until 8:00pm on June 18, 2024 to complete the announcement of their selections.

Anaheim will select 30 players of their choosing, one from each team.  Trades with Anaheim are permitted.

I am working on the expansion draft pages on each teams chart, I will be getting those finished hopefully within the week.

EDIT: I have placed these expansion rules on page 1 in one of the placeholder posts for easy reference.

Random point of clarification just occurred to me. Would playoff games count toward a 10 game limit? Also, since it isn't stated otherwise I assume those limits are the same for goaltenders? And since we don't count AHL (minor pro), I'm assuming we only count each country's top tier league, so Allsvenskan or Mestis wouldn't count?