CFFGML - 2023-24

Sharpshooter

In other news:

The Dallas Stars are announcing the they are in discussions with Josh Brown and his agent, on a contract extension, which will hopefully be the final piece of their protection list for the up and coming Expansion Draft. Dallas will be announcing their protection list early this year, if the Brown contract can be finalized. Dallas will be going with a 

7-3-1 protection list, if and when Brown is signed. We thank agent  @arby18 for taking on the negotiations, and donating his time, to help make the league the success it is today. (Not to forget a quick thank you to all agents, for their time and efforts)

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Dallas Stars owner and GM is happy to announce Josh Brown back with the Stars for 3 more years. Josh will help anchor down our defense, and guide some of our young Dman who will be coming on line as soon as this year.

The Dallas Stars would like to say a special thanks to @arby18 for his quick response and fair contract negotiations. As I leave tomorrow, for holidays, it takes alot of pressure off, and I can do some team house cleaning.......

SIGNING: The Dallas Stars have re-signed pending-UFA Josh Brown to a three-year contract.

small.pngJosh Brown - Three-year deal worth $3.75 million dollars ($1.25m per season).

----------------------------------

arby18_ AGENCY

The Dallas Star would like to again Thank our League President @canuck2xtreme for his countless hours of hard work, in making our League strong and fun to be in. We would also like to thank the player agents for taking on the added responsibilities, aside from their own team responsibilities. It does not work without all of you! Thank you very much!

Without Further ado, the Dallas Stars would, like to announce their 2024 Expansion Draft Protection List. We have chosen to protect 7-4-1

Forwards

1. Brady Tkachuk

2. Timo Meier

3. Joel Eriksson-Ek

4. Booner Jenner

5. Luke Kunin

6. Cody Glass

7. Sam Steel

Defensemen

1. Gustan Forsling

2. Jusso Valimaki

3. Travis Sanheim

4. Josh Brown

Goalie

1. Lukas Dostal

I believe we are the first ones to announce our list.......which is a rarity for me!

• Like 2

The Dallas Stars will be going into the 2024-2025 Regular Season with a Roster that will look something like this, minus 1 Expansion Draft player

Brady Tkachuk         Leo Carlsson         Timo Meier

Boone Jenner         Joel Eriksson-Ek     Luke Evangelista

Sam Steel                 Shane wright         Mavrik Bourque

Luke Kunin                  Cody Glass          Cal Clutterbuck

????????????

Gustan Forsling              Luke Hughes

Jusso Valimaki               Travis Sanheim     

Josh Brown                    Denton Mateychuk

Helge Grans                   Scott Morrow   

Lukas Dostal

Semyon Varlamov    

* Highlighted players are Expansion draft eligible

Dallas Star will be active in the Free Agency Market, to shore up, any holes, but feel we are well on our way to being a competitive team, who will be trying to push the "FAT CATS" off of the top ledge. We will still have some work to do, and the summer will be the tell !

To those with any thoughts of "THE DEAL", we are open to suggestions, and will consider all offers. We have  the following draft capital to work with, and are open to trading down or trading up. Please do not approach me with, a "Hey! Is this player or pick, available?" All picks and player are available, with the right offer. 

Please start with, this is "MY OFFER!". When I was building, I initiated many trade discussions, and pretty much always, made the first offer. I am pretty much happy with my team, and if you are interested, please make the offer. We are looking for good players, on low cap hits, and on long term deals (at least 4 or 5 years)

LOW BALL OFFERS WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME. JIAHN OUT!

PS...........................Dallas has alot of cap space available and will take a 1 year cap dumps. in trade............FOR A PRICE~!

43 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

The Dallas Star would like to again Thank our League President @canuck2xtreme for his countless hours of hard work, in making our League strong and fun to be in. We would also like to thank the player agents for taking on the added responsibilities, aside from their own team responsibilities. It does not work without all of you! Thank you very much!

Without Further ado, the Dallas Stars would, like to announce their 2024 Expansion Draft Protection List. We have chosen to protect 7-4-1

Forwards

1. Brady Tkachuk

2. Timo Meier

3. Joel Eriksson-Ek

4. Booner Jenner

5. Luke Kunin

6. Cody Glass

7. Sam Steel

Defensemen

1. Gustan Forsling

2. Jusso Valimaki

3. Travis Sanheim

4. Josh Brown

Goalie

1. Lukas Dostal

I believe we are the first ones to announce our list.......which is a rarity for me!

I believe you'll also be required to list your 2 forwards, 1 D and 1 G who meet the minimum exposure requirements.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

I believe you'll also be required to list your 2 forwards, 1 D and 1 G who meet the minimum exposure requirements.

I have others that will meet the criteria, ....I sure the F hope!.....lol I will check! Thx!

Edited by JIAHN

Posted (edited)

@MatchesMalone

Thanks for the heads up, It never hurts to be careful

canuck2xtreme has already done my exemption list

I will be exposing, these players that meet the threshold....pretty sure this meets it, as technically, unsigned players are still property of the team until July 1

Cal Clutterbug (F) (Signed)

Noel Acciari (F) (UFA)

Scandella (D) (UFA)

Stillman (D) (UFA)

Varlamov (G) (Signed)

Is this correct @canuck2xtreme

Edited by JIAHN

EXTENSION: The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed goaltender Hunter Jones to a two year contract extension.

CBJ.png.e8ca6a44c06a02f8af95b322f8ea9bf8.png Hunter Jones: $ 1.7 million dollar contract ( $ 850,000.00 per season )

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Columbus' Current Roster heading into Off-Season and Expansion Draft:

Kaprizov - Hughes - Pastrnak 

Buchnevich - Pinto (RFA in Contract Discussions) - xxxx 

Kubalik - Norris - Bastian 

Barre-Boulet - Cizikas - Harvey-Pinard

xxxx - Trouba 

Cernak - Faber 

Samuelsson - Merrill 

Nedeljkovic 

xxxx 

$21.4 Million in cap space. 

Over the coming weeks we will look at bolstering our LHD-corps with a top 2 D-man, filling out our 2RW and bolstering our offensive depth. Not afraid to take on cap, to get guys I like, and looking to take a considerable and sustainable step forwards in the upcoming season. Faber and our top line are not open for discussions unless you're willing to overpay for Kaprizov, which I would have some time for. I can't do a full expansion draft lineup yet because of some contract work that needs to be sorted and my page hasn't been updated yet. I'm not complaining, but I'll have my stuff sorted as soon as I can 🙂

EDIT: I'll update this post as signings are confirmed and announced

Edited by Honkin Hronek
  • Cheers 1

ATTENTION!

I want to ensure everyone has the ability to review and make any adjustments they need to for their organizations before Free Agency starts, from the cba:

7.1 – Front Office Budgets

Every team is able to set their clubs front office spending. Each team has $55 million dollars to spread around over four different areas, and each department comes with benefits at certain investment thresholds. These budgets can only be set once per season ( the conclusion of the regular season up to the day before Free Agency opens ). In the event of a new GM hiring, the front office budget remains the same until it can be adjusted during the next allowable window to do so. The benefits are outlined in the sections below.

• Like 2

EXTENSION: The Montreal Canadiens have signed forward Colton Sissons to a four year contract extension.

MTL.png.4ed4b9447bf0c94e35a82be1a6980ec4.png Colton Sissons: $ 11.0 million dollar contract ( $ 2,750,000.00 per season )

EXTENSION: The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed forward Antoine Morand to a one year contract extension.

CBJ.png.e8ca6a44c06a02f8af95b322f8ea9bf8.png Antoine Morand: $ 800 thousand dollar contract ( $ 800,000.00 per season )

EXTENSION: The New York Rangers have signed forward Lucas Raymond to an eight year contract extension.

NYR.png.d3e59608192614377444eb06e7181153.png Lucas Raymond: $ 62.0 million dollar contract ( $ 7,750,000.00 per season )

TOR vs PIT

COL vs EDM

Those are the matchups correct?

If so, I may be able to actually take this thing down if I can get past this round and the Panthers take out the Rangers. If not, I think I'm screwed lol

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gator said:

TOR vs PIT

COL vs EDM

Those are the matchups correct?

If so, I may be able to actually take this thing down if I can get past this round and the Panthers take out the Rangers. If not, I think I'm screwed lol

I think VAN edged out EDM in round 2

• Thanks 2

I should have all roster moves and signings updated on everyone's team chart.  Still working on Expansion pages but I believe I have somewhere around 20 done so far.  The rest will be done very soon.

On 5/23/2024 at 9:41 AM, MatchesMalone said:

It's not required to list players that meet the minimum exposure requirements, as long as the requirements are met by players still shown as available to be selected.

I should note that teams can adjust their protected lists up to the deadline on June 12th.  So if you want, you can submit your protected list, but then if you make a trade, you can adjust accordingly.  There's no need to wait til the last minute if you don't want to.

23 hours ago, aGENT said:

I think VAN edged out EDM in round 2

Ooops.

Serves me right for cockily ghosting thinking we would meet.  For the record I am cheering for @Theo5789.

No disrespect, just have a policy of getting behind the team that knocked me out.

I am not ALL bad sportsmanship...

On 5/18/2024 at 8:20 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

Ghosting @aGENT

• Huggy Bear 1

The Winnipeg Jets have submitted their protected list for expansion.

Thatcher Demko

Bo Horvat

Elias Pettersson

Jesper Bratt

Zach Hyman

Blake Lizotte

Filip Forsberg

Alex Tuch

Lukas Reichel

Noah Dobson

Hampus Lindholm

Rasmus Sandin

Seattle Kraken announced as NHL expansion team name; jersey design released  - NBC Sports

Your Seattle Kraken have worked out a deal to keep our starting tendie, who will be exposed but safevouched via future considerations in a deal with Anaheim.  This freed me up to attend to the protection list, which we know is able to be updated right up to the deadline. In light of that, and in case of unforeseen circumstances, I am naming my protected list today, and will possibly update it in the last days of the window. Without further ado...

Seattle Kraken Protected Player List (we will go with the 8-3-1 model):

F Kevin Fiala

F Mathew Barzal

F Gustav Nyquist

F Evgeni Malkin

F William Eklund

F JT Compher

F Andre Burakovsky

F Pierre Engvall

D Ivan Provorov
D Matt Grzelcyk

D Vladislav Gavrikov

42 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Seattle Kraken announced as NHL expansion team name; jersey design released  - NBC Sports

Your Seattle Kraken have worked out a deal to keep our starting tendie, who will be exposed but safevouched via future considerations in a deal with Anaheim.  This freed me up to attend to the protection list, which we know is able to be updated right up to the deadline. In light of that, and in case of unforeseen circumstances, I am naming my protected list today, and will possibly update it in the last days of the window. Without further ado...

Seattle Kraken Protected Player List (we will go with the 8-3-1 model):

F Kevin Fiala

F Mathew Barzal

F Gustav Nyquist

F Evgeni Malkin

F William Eklund

F JT Compher

F Andre Burakovsky

F Pierre Engvall

D Ivan Provorov
D Matt Grzelcyk

D Vladislav Gavrikov

Numbers GIF

^^ where's the 1 ?

We got the 8 and the 3 part.......

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Numbers GIF

^^ where's the 1 ?

We got the 8 and the 3 part.......

technically its markstrom. But he paid me not to select him despite him being exposed. 

• Desmenko 1