CFFGML - 2023-24

TRADE: The New York Rangers have made a trade with the New Jersey Devils.

To NYR:

spacer.png William Karlsson
spacer.png Anthony Duclair
spacer.png Ryan Lindgren

spacer.png Cam Dineen

To NJ:

spacer.png Justin Robidas
spacer.png Aleksei Malinen
spacer.png COL 2024 1st Round Draft Selection (TBD)
spacer.png ANA 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection (77th overall)

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Guessing I'm going with the first one as it was posted first?

The second one is supposed to be Jonathan Myrenberg

• Thanks 1

TRADE: The Seattle Kraken have made a trade with the Utah Hockey Club.

To SEA:

spacer.png Anttoni Honka

To UTH:

spacer.png UTH 2025 4th Round Draft Selection

I can't think of a better use of Utah's 4th in 2025 than picking up an offensive dyamo on the blueline, currently on loan to JYP in the Liiga. Admittedly he is a long shot for the NHL, but better odds than anyone I would be picking that late next year, and an earlier looking event Horizon as well. Thank you to GM Squeak for good talks and a deal. 

SIGNINGS: The San Jose Sharks have signed the following players to entry level contracts.

spacer.png Joakim Kemell - 3 years, $4.5 million dollar contract. ($925,000 base salary with bonuses totaling $1.5 million per season)
spacer.png Reid Schaefer - 3 years, $2.655 million dollar contract. ($885,000 per season)
spacer.png Noah Warren - 3 years, $2.61 million dollar contract. ($870,000 per season)
spacer.png Cameron Lund - 3 years, $2.475 million dollar contract. ($825,000 per season)
spacer.png Reid Dyck - 3 years, $2.325 million dollar contract. ($775,000 per season)
spacer.png Ludwig Persson - 3 years, $2.475 million dollar contract. ($825,000 per season)

• Thanks 1

Teams still needing to submit protected lists:

Boston - @Sharpshooter

Buffalo - @Lethunder

Carolina - @Tony Romo

Chicago - @Sludge

Colorado - @aGENT

Columbus - @Honkin Hronek

Edmonton - @Canuck Surfer

Florida - @Caboose / @Gally

Los Angeles - @arby18

Minnesota - @Dak Prescott

Montreal - @Snowflake

Nashville - @Sergei Bobrovsky

New Jersey - @Mike Vanderhoek

San Jose - @ThatMike

Toronto - @JohnnyEhGiver

Utah - @Squeak

Vancouver - @Theo5789

Washington - @da.moose

Teams have until 7:00pm Pacific time on June 12th to submit and/or alter their protected lists. 

At 7:01pm Pacific time on June 12th, all rosters will be LOCKED and no trades or signings will be allowed until the expansion process is complete.

• Like 1

Teams still needing to submit protected lists:

Boston - @Sharpshooter

Buffalo - @Lethunder

Carolina - @Tony Romo

Chicago - @Sludge

Colorado - @aGENT

Columbus - @Honkin Hronek

Edmonton - @Canuck Surfer

Florida - @Caboose / @Gally

Los Angeles - @arby18

Minnesota - @Dak Prescott

Montreal - @Snowflake

Nashville - @Sergei Bobrovsky

New Jersey - @Mike Vanderhoek

San Jose - @ThatMike

Toronto - @JohnnyEhGiver

Utah - @Squeak

Vancouver - @Theo5789

Washington - @da.moose

Teams have until 7:00pm Pacific time on June 12th to submit and/or alter their protected lists. 

At 7:01pm Pacific time on June 12th, all rosters will be LOCKED and no trades or signings will be allowed until the expansion process is complete.

If I submit a tentative list, can I modify it should anyone trade me a goalie? Or should I just wait?

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If I submit a tentative list, can I modify it should anyone trade me a goalie? Or should I just wait?

Yes, anyone who has submitted a list can edit/adjust/change etc their list between now and the cutoff time if they'd like.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Yes, anyone who has submitted a list can edit/adjust/change etc their list between now and the cutoff time if they'd like.

Thanks, in that case, Colorado will tentatively go the 7/4/1 route with:

7 F's:

Zibanejad, Robertson, Cirelli, Guentzel, Domi, Bennett and Moore

4 D's:

Miller, McAvoy, Orlov and Pesce

1G:

Talbot

Posted (edited)

IMG_5930.jpeg.b14a264ccb4beae1a59392e746d50cb7.jpeg

Toronto Maple Leafs Press Conference:

- The Toronto Maple Leafs on the cusps of making the GML finals have confirmed rumours about GM Gator stepping down after the conclusion of the playoffs. The Rogers group respects GM Gators wishes  to step away at this time to spend more time with his family and to better pursue other opportunities. GM Gator has done a tremendous job building a cup contending roster in Toronto one that he and Leafs Nation should be proud of. We here at the Rogers Group would like to thank GM Gator for his time, dedication, perseverance and leadership in the locker room and within the community. We wish Gator the best in any and all ventures that lay ahead. At this time the Leafs organization would like to formally introduce our newest  GM, Johnny Eh Giver. [ reporter ] When asked about the roster GM Johnny had this to say. ”I was fortunate to inherit a team with great leadership and key players built for playoff success with that said when looking at the roster as a whole I see few guys who would make great spokesmen for Charmin who are not Toronto caliber players being paid valuable GML dollars. That will not be tolerated in Toronto going forward. To those guys you better shape up or you will be shipped out. There is also a clear log jam in net and that will be priority one. Any team interested in either Samsonov or the rights to Bobrovsky should reach out within the next week. With the contracts involved we would be willing to get creative to make things work financially for interested suitors.”  [Reporter] It’s been rumoured that multiple GM’s have also reached out about Shea Theodore since the trade deadline. This is what GM Johnny had to say on the matter. “Shea is a M@&$*r F*%$^r, he’s the type of player that every GM is trying to find one way or an other. Now I am not looking to trade Shea but if the right substantial deal gets presented and I’m put in a position where I can’t say no then you haven’t left me many options. If Wayne Gretzky can be traded nobody is untouchable.”      [Reporter] Johnny also had this to say about the up coming expansion draft. “Looking over the roster it’s quite clear who will be protected and shouldn’t take much imagination to figure out who that will be.”  [ Reporter ] Johnny comes with a colourful background with being short with the media in the past. Leafs fans will have to wait and see if Johnny will be able to hold up to the pressure of being in large NHL market where every move will be discussed in great detail. Johnny has a reputation as GM who rebuilds teams and works towards bringing in a youth movement for future sustainability. This will be a different but exciting challenge for Johnny as he will attempt to keep the Leafs a true cup contender over the next couple of seasons with a veteran core already established in Toronto.

- This has been Gúy LeDoúche reporting from MXC headquarters in downtown Toronto. 

Edited by JohnnyEhGiver
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2