CFFGML - 2023-24

Now that expansion is done I'll mention again, we have the following available out of Detroit, in order of asset cost:

Steven Stamkos (two promising young NHLers + a 1st)

Brock Nelson (1st +)

Frank Vatrano (1st)

Tristan Jarry (2nd+)

Kyle Palmieri (2nd+)

Marcus Johansson (2nd)

Lars Eller (3rd+)

Oskar Sundqvist (3rd)

No retention available. We'd love to add some picks in this draft and could take discounts on a couple guys to do so. Asking price in parentheses.

Edited by MatchesMalone

Rangers are looking at options of moving pick 65 for a later 3rd and a fourth round pick, or 3 4th's (open to ideas)

also willing to move pick 44, but that would likely be a draft day move

On 6/14/2024 at 7:15 PM, Honkin Hronek said:

Attention: For a Short Time Only, Columbus will be Taking Calls on #3 Ranked LW Kirill Kaprizov

There is no guarantee that I will be moving such a player, it's near unfathomable that someone of Kaprizov's caliber is available for trade in the first place. However, I'm looking to balance out the rest of my roster. Kaprizov is 27 years old and on a steal of a deal, making only $9.7 million until 2030. He has NO trade protection until July 1st. 

What I'm looking for in return: 

1. U26 Top line forward who has achieved (or paced) for at least 350 points in a GML season either this year or last (Kaprizov eclipsed 500 on a non-playoff team this year, it's worth the cost) 

2. 2024 First round pick, the higher the better - Will consider unprotected 2025 1st if a 2024 1st is unavailable, but will charge an extra piece for the wait may be charged in the form of an extra pick 

3. Young to prime aged defensemen, ideally left shot, to pair with Brock Faber OR depth forward at a reasonable salary. Will consider prospects and/or picks instead

1 and 2 are not negotiable. However, 3 is just me looking for another decent piece and is negotiable. 

Other considerations will be made if you have recent top 5 picks that have already begun breaking out, or if your top line forward has eclipsed the 450 point mark. 

Kaprizov is one of the best players in CFFGML. I already said he's the third highest scoring LWer, but he was also (I believe) the 15th highest scoring player across the entire league, including goalies. Kaprizov is entering his prime having only just turned 27 in April. I expect him to get even better this upcoming season with Matt Boldy starting to break out himself. I will note, there have been a couple GM's that I have reached out to first regarding a potential fit for Kirill. Those are the teams that have the best combination of players and picks that I have found, and those are the potential deals that I will prioritize ahead of those who reach out to me. Don't let that scare you if I haven't reached out though, that just means I will give these teams a chance to match any offer you make. If I trade Kirill Kaprizov, it will be for what I feel is the best overall offer. If I am left unsatisfied, though, I will happily keep a top 15 player to play alongside Jack Hughes and David Pastrnak. I do not wish to be lowballed.

I’ve received some really, really solid offers so far, and I don’t think I’ll be keeping Kirill Kaprizov. If you want to beat them out, now is your chance to do so. 

TRADE: The New Jersey Devils have made a trade with the Los Angeles Kings.

To NJ:

spacer.png Tomas Tatar
spacer.png Sam Blais
spacer.png DAL 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection (64th overall)
spacer.png CAR 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection (81st overall)

To LA:

spacer.png Future Considerations

TRADE: The Detroit Red Wings have made a trade with the Florida Panthers.

To FLA:

spacer.png Tristan Jarry

To DET:

spacer.png Alexander Pelevin
spacer.png BUF 2024 4th Round Draft Selection (119th overall)
spacer.png FLA 2025 2nd Round Draft Selection

• Cheers 1

TRADE: The Vancouver Canucks have made a trade with the Buffalo Sabres.

To VAN:

spacer.png Jordan Martinook

To BUF:

spacer.png Aiden Thompson
spacer.png TB 2024 2nd Round Draft Selection (45th overall)

Edited by canuck2xtreme

On 6/15/2024 at 10:59 PM, MatchesMalone said:

Now that expansion is done I'll mention again, we have the following available out of Detroit, in order of asset cost:

Steven Stamkos (two promising young NHLers + a 1st)

Brock Nelson (1st +)

Frank Vatrano (1st)

Tristan Jarry (2nd+)

Kyle Palmieri (2nd+)

Marcus Johansson (2nd)

Lars Eller (3rd+)

Oskar Sundqvist (3rd)

No retention available. We'd love to add some picks in this draft and could take discounts on a couple guys to do so. Asking price in parentheses.

Jarry is sold. As you can see, we're accepting pretty mediocre offers. I won't say "everyone must go" cus we need to ice an NHL roster, but we could probably let go of one more piece for cheap to add some picks this draft. Get your offers in.

Pick 37 is available, might not be available for the beginning of the draft, so will listen to offers. Looking for dmen, forwards, back up goalie. Can also move back in the draft.

6 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Chicago Blackhawks have made a trade with the Minnesota Wild.

To CHI:

spacer.png Thomas Chabot

To MIN:

spacer.png Brandon Hagel

This is such a good deal for both teams. A rare win-win hockey trade

• Like 1

TRADE: The Carolina Hurricanes have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To CAR:

spacer.png Kirill Kaprizov
spacer.png CGY 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection (78th overall)

To CBJ:

spacer.png Juraj Slafkovsky
spacer.png Bobby Brink
spacer.png Sam Rinzel
spacer.png CAR 2024 1st Round Draft Selection (19th overall)

• Like 1
  • Tank 1
  • chaos 2

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Carolina Hurricanes have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To CAR:

To CBJ:

spacer.png Bobby Brink
spacer.png Sam Rinzel

Dang it!!!

Shouldn't you be studying lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

To CAR:

To CBJ:

spacer.png Bobby Brink
spacer.png Sam Rinzel

I know it's to see this trade as a #1 Overall Pick with Rantanen potential, a top six forward with top line potential, a 2nd round D prospect who's been trending up, and a 1st, but this trade was really hard to make for our club. Kirill Kaprizov is an incredible player, and was an absolute warrior for our club. However, we were in a tough spot with 3 franchise players, and struggling to find quality depth. At that point, we knew we had to give a little to get a little, and thus we started looking to find Kirill a new home.

Of all of the offers I received, Juraj Slavkovsky is was my favourite piece that came up. He's an absolute unicorn of a player - big, strong hands, fast, and after a slow start he was able to rack up over 250 points as a 20 year old. We believe in Juraj to be a mainstay in Columbus, and will look to re-sign him long term. 

Bobby Brink is a young 2nd line winger, and a piece I've been looking at for a long time. I really believe in his potential to be an All-Star player, and we hope to see him soar in his new jersey. 

Sam Rinzel is a quality young defensive prospect that has been trending up since his 2nd round selection last year. We believe that he'll be on our lineup for years to come, and we hope he can challenge for a spot out of camp as soon as 2025. 

And then, the first round pick. I care a lot about drafting as a hobby, and was rather disappointed when I came into this role without a first round pick. Not to mention our late slide out of the playoffs, and knowing that it provided us no benefit in the draft order despite the pieces we were able to pick up for our club. I would do it all again, but it was an unfortunate byproduct. Now, Columbus is confident in our ability to draft an impact NHLer with the 19th overall pick, and we may even look to trade up if the opportunity presents itself. 

Exciting times lie ahead in Columbus, and we are excited for our fans to see the vision of a longlasting and dominant competitive window. 

Buchnevich - Hughes - Pastrnak 
xxxx - Pinto - Slafkovsky 
Kubalik - Norris - Brink (who I don't think has been moved to our sheet yet?)
Barre-Boulet - xxxx - Bastian 

xxxx - Trouba 
Samuelsson - Faber 
xxxx - Cernak 
Merrill 

Nedeljkovic 
xxxx 

Spots with an xxxx will be looked to be filled over the coming weeks and months. We have enough cap space to take on long term contracts, especially if a sweetener is attached. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

To CAR:

To CBJ:

spacer.png Bobby Brink
spacer.png Sam Rinzel

mama mia!

Italian Kid GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Anze Kopitar

Barclay Goodrow

Josh Manson

Jordan Staal

Jacob MacDonald

Niko Mikkola

Nick Bonino

David Rittich

Sonny Milano

Teuvo Teravainen

Rights to all the following players available ahead of free agency. Get a head start on your opponents!

Edited by Lethunder

6 minutes ago, Lethunder said:

Anze Kopitar

Barclay Goodrow

Josh Manson

Jordan Staal

Jacob MacDonald

Niko Mikkola

Nick Bonino

David Rittich

Sonny Milano

Teuvo Teravainen

Rights to all the following players available ahead of free agency. Get a head start on your opponents!

That is the meat and potatoes of what is left in free agency lol

• Haha 1