CFFGML - 2023-24

TRADE: The New Jersey Devils have made a trade with the Florida Panthers.

To NJ:

spacer.png WPG 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection (89th overall)
spacer.png COL 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection (92nd overall)

To FLA:

spacer.png VGK 2024 4th Round Draft Selection (101st overall)
spacer.png STL 2024 4th Round Draft Selection (103rd overall)
spacer.png CHI 2024 4th Round Draft Selection (105th overall)
spacer.png EDM 2024 4th Round Draft Selection (117th overall)

• Thanks 3

The Winnipeg Jets have announced they will not be qualifying the following RFAs.  If any team wishes to acquire their rights for a draft pick, get in touch.

Colton Huard

Dylan Anhorn

Austen Swankler

Nick Leivermann

Any team looking to acquire a first round pick in this years draft for a first in next years draft let me know! 

I've got a high 1st at 8 and a low first at 29, with 4 in between

Edited by Dak Prescott
  • chaos 1

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I'll be posting the draft thread and draft rules either on the 22nd or the morning of the 23rd.  But this is correct, those will continue to be the guidelines followed.

Can we submit a draft list if we’re unavailable to make a selection?

1 minute ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I believe when c2x posts the draft thread it will contain those rules but my understanding is sending a list to c2x via pm may be the appropriate action. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Yes!!

Anyone who is not going to be present at the draft, or if you're not sure if you'll be able to make it, please send me a list of players and I will take the first available player from your list in your place!  This is a great way to keep the draft rolling as well as getting the players you'd like even if you're not going to be there! 

Make sure to cover your bases though, if all the players on your list are already selected and you aren't there to make an alternate selection, your pick would be skipped!

Edited by canuck2xtreme

TRADE: The Los Angeles Kings have made a trade with the New York Rangers.

To LA:

spacer.png NYR 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection (65th overall)

To NYR:

spacer.png MTL 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection (85th overall)
spacer.png LA 2024 4th Round Draft Selection (94th overall)

4 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

ATTENTION!!!

Carter Hart, Dillon Dube, Alex Formenton, Michael McLeod, Cal Foote.

Given the circumstances around these players, we are asking the members to vote on allowing teams that hold these players the oppourtunity between now and July 1st to dissolve the contracts of these players and remove them from their team charts if they chose to do so.  Teams would be able to do so without any cap penalty.

Please vote on this post with a Tank to allow teams who hold these players to remove them if they choose to.

Please vote on this post with a Brick Wall to vote against allowing this provision.

What was the issue?

Sorry.

Out of the loop recently. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

What was the issue?

Sorry.

Out of the loop recently. 

I believe 3 of the teams that hold these players have the players under contract for multiple years. In real life all players contract's expired after this season.

The question I suppose is to let teams walk away from those that are under contract without having to endure the buyout penalty process or if they choose to keep the players they can bury them in their minors.

Tank if they should be able to walk away from the contracts with no financial penalty 

or

Brick wall if they must follow standard league buyout/termination rules.

• Thanks 1

If players retire or no longer in the League for various legit reasons then GMs ought to have the ability to remove them off their rosters. 

I always thought this was a ‘thing’. 

Was this not a ‘thing’? 

20 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If players retire or no longer in the League for various legit reasons then GMs ought to have the ability to remove them off their rosters. 

I always thought this was a ‘thing’. 

Was this not a ‘thing’? 

Retire, yes. Or sign overseas. Was never a thing if a player gets in legal trouble that you can terminate their contract.

1 minute ago, Theo5789 said:

Retire, yes. Or sign overseas. Was never a thing if a player gets in legal trouble that you can terminate their contract.

Once the team terminates the contract due to legal trouble, they should be able to be removed. 

Am I missing something? 

15-0 Tank already.

If teams have one of those players they would like to terminate, they are welcome to post in the thread and they will be removed.

Teams do not HAVE to do this if they would prefer to keep the player.

Edited by canuck2xtreme

49 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Once the team terminates the contract due to legal trouble, they should be able to be removed. 

Am I missing something? 

Don't know if that's in the GML CBA. But I don't think any team IRL terminated the contracts, they just let them ride out and all happened to expire this off-season.

Don't know if that's in the GML CBA. But I don't think any team IRL terminated the contracts, they just let them ride out and all happened to expire this off-season.

‘We’ don’t always reflect IRL NHL rules/Regulations. 

This League attempts to reflect it as much as possible but allow variances to ensure our ‘game’ is ‘user-friendly’. 

I understand both sides of the ‘argument’, but would side on the place where a GM isn’t penalized for the illegal actions of ‘their’ Player(s). 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

‘We’ don’t always reflect IRL NHL rules/Regulations. 

This League attempts to reflect it as much as possible but allow variances to ensure our ‘game’ is ‘user-friendly’. 

I understand both sides of the ‘argument’, but would side on the place where a GM isn’t penalized for the illegal actions of ‘their’ Player(s). 

Don't think there's an argument? Lol

I just think there's a vote because this isn't in the CBA and being given a special exemption due to the circumstance.

Don't think there's an argument? Lol

I just think there's a vote because this isn't in the CBA and being given a special exemption due to the circumstance.

I would love to hear the counter argument of course. 

‘We’ have an Executive Committee though for these kinds issues. 

What’s the counter point? Again, maybe I’m not understanding your point of view. 

I think that no one anticipated a gang rape when signing these guys: I let my rights to a Finn unsigned prospect expire as he is currently in a Finish jail for rape when he was pre draft...like 16 or 17, dunno... I would hate to be on the hook for his NHL salary if he was prosecuted 6 years from now. For that reason I voted TANK. 

I wonder if he is in the same jail my Grandfather was briefly in after he shot and killed his old man after the Civil War in 1918ish... his buddies were the jailors and left his passport on the desk and his cage unlocked when they told him they were going to lunch. He sailed out of Finland on a fishing boat and made his way eventually to fight as a mercenary in the Spanish war pre ww2. Came to Canada to be a merc when Franco's and Anglo's looked like they might get murderous, lol...and we been here ever since as a family. rofl. what a skeleton in the closet!

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I would love to hear the counter argument of course. 

‘We’ have an Executive Committee though for these kinds issues. 

What’s the counter point? Again, maybe I’m not understanding your point of view. 

I'm not countering you in any way lol

All I'm saying is that this circumstance isn't in the CBA. Therefore why a vote has been out forth to decide to allow this or not. The league is indeed trying to make things "user-friendly", but ensuring the league agrees to the decision by having a vote. The GMs of the league agree it's fair for them to release them if they choose to do so.

The Kings won’t be signing the following players and they will become free agents:

UFA

Justin Schultz

Alex Barabanov

Brendan Smith 

Anton Blidh

Jujhar Khaira

RFA

Hardy Haman-Aktell

Filip Roos

Kale Clague

Curtis Hall

If interested in acquiring any of these players and their right before free agency (or to qualify as RFA’s), hit us up.