[Article] Canucks: 'People should welcome and celebrate him,' says Quinn Hughes on Bo Horvat

RWJC

honestly anyone booing bo is just being petty. it's not like he asked and demanded a trade or say stuff like i won't negotiate or re-sign with any team i'm traded to to tank his own value and screw the canucks. is his comment a little sensitive? sure but i'm sure most of you said shit about others that you regretted and they don't hold petty grudges like the ones that are planning on booing. if anything i think the comment is aimed more at management than anything.. let's be real.. the management had 0 intention of re-signing horvat despite what they are saying.. they prioritize miller over him which make sense considering miller is coming off a career year.. but at the same time there was 0 reasons that you can't negotiate with both at the same time and they literally waited till september before offering him a contract that equates to a paycut which is a big slap in the face.. i dunno what negotiation starts off with an offer telling you to take a pay cut considering he have been improving each year.. i personally think the no negotiation till pretty much the training camp and offering him a paycut left a bitter taste in horvat's mouth and he went out to go prove himself instead and after being selected to the all star game they decided to trade him right before the game and put him in an ackward place representing a different team while paying for the old team. but whatever.. i'll cheer for bo when he gets his video tribute and after that i'll treat him just like any regular opponent.. don't love them nor hate them unless it's marchand

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Honestly, I couldn't be bothered to boo.

The first we got from him we parlayed into Hronek.

We got a centre in training in Ratu, and a servicable winger, in Beau that we can hopefully turn into at least a draft pick at the deadline.

I think we made out just fine.

This.

Bo panned out into a good player, who gave the team a lot in return for drafting him, in years of service and a nice return in a trade. I’d much rather boo Jake Virtanen and Olli Juolevi… and Jim Benning.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I remember feeling badly for Bo when the management offered him RNH's $.  What a slap in the face.

Yeah, I think he was bitter when he left.

We don't know what the Canucks best offer was.   The reality was they didn't have to be that creative, at all, to pay Horvat 7.  Or 15 between the two guys.    That wouldn't have been a "slap in the face".    Miller would have easily got more than he did, as a UFA.    I'm sure their best offer, was less than market value.    The talking heads at the time, had Horvats open market value at 6.5-7 in the off season.   That of course went up.    56 seemed about right.   Horvat won that trade more than either team did.   Sure he's very pleased with his big bank account and security. 

As for the fans, they will do what they want.   It's their money paying their salaries, you hope they would be respectful, and you can bet they mostly would be if Horvat didn't make some snide comments.    NYI are also used to this sort of thing with Tavares.   They sure gave him a ribbing when he plays there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

honestly anyone booing bo is just being petty. it's not like he asked and demanded a trade or say stuff like i won't negotiate or re-sign with any team i'm traded to to tank his own value and screw the canucks. is his comment a little sensitive? sure but i'm sure most of you said shit about others that you regretted and they don't hold petty grudges like the ones that are planning on booing. if anything i think the comment is aimed more at management than anything.. let's be real.. the management had 0 intention of re-signing horvat despite what they are saying.. they prioritize miller over him which make sense considering miller is coming off a career year.. but at the same time there was 0 reasons that you can't negotiate with both at the same time and they literally waited till september before offering him a contract that equates to a paycut which is a big slap in the face.. i dunno what negotiation starts off with an offer telling you to take a pay cut considering he have been improving each year.. i personally think the no negotiation till pretty much the training camp and offering him a paycut left a bitter taste in horvat's mouth and he went out to go prove himself instead and after being selected to the all star game they decided to trade him right before the game and put him in an ackward place representing a different team while paying for the old team. but whatever.. i'll cheer for bo when he gets his video tribute and after that i'll treat him just like any regular opponent.. don't love them nor hate them unless it's marchand

Management said all along that the Miller deal wouldn't affect Horvats deal.   Take it for face value.   They offered Horvat what they felt worked, and bumped it up to a point that was their final number (3 offers were reported anyways).   After years of JB a doing these deals, shouldn't we be pleased?   The goal is to win a cup isn't it?  JT Miller good grief, fans need to stop lumping him into this, like it's his fault somehow.    Even the brass was surprised that he was open to such a lowball contract.     And even if it was "one or the other ", don't you think we kept the right guy?   Sure do.  Did at the time as well.    

Bruce played Miller with Horvat after his bad first 7-8 games.    Settled him down.   Two different coaches, played Miller ahead of Horvat for a reason.   Horvat was also really bad before the Bruce bump (on pace for 40 or so points), then exploded.   Miller was just keeping it up the best he could - then scored 99 points.    We absolutely, kept the right guy.     Good grief we'd be hosed if we signed Horvat at 8.5 x 8, and didn't have Hronek right now as well. 

More of the same.   Do agree is not classy to boo him and fans should show restraint. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Management offered Fat Wallet what he was worth. Rumour on 650 was 7 x 7 (49 million) Fat Wallet wanted more. His selfishness was seen on the ice with how much he cheated the game to put up points. Fat Wallet was the captain and he was cheating the game. 
Thank goodness he said no to the contract offer (which was actually more than fair for a 3C) because Allvin found a sucker to dumperoo the elephant on. Now that club is stuck with Horfat Wallet and that bloated anchor of a contract. 
And we end up with Hronek. We win! 

• Upvote 1

Team is better without Horvat anyways. Hughes got the “C” because he is gone. Team is much better and has awesome chemistry so far. 

Keeping Miller over Horvat was a home run decision. 

Miller much more productive and has been pretty much a point per game player, since he arrived. Horvat scored more than 55 points once in his career,  last year. 

If Horvat was on this team right now and Miller wasn’t, I don’t think we would be this successful. 

Byyyeeeeeeeee Horvat.

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I feel no need to boo Horvat but I'm glad he's gone.  The team needed addition by subtraction in terms of his captaincy.  It was the same thing when Markus Naslund wasn't re-signed...except Horvat had achieved far less than Markus over the years.  Horvat's comments after being traded didn't help but whatever...pretty small stuff.  I would have actually liked to see him go full WWF heel against Vancouver and stay that way and come back to town like Hollywood Hulk Hogan the bad guy.

He should have come back to Vancouver as Razor Horvat.

Razor_Ramon_bio.jpg

Edited by Kevin Biestra

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Management offered Fat Wallet what he was worth. Rumour on 650 was 7 x 7 (49 million) Fat Wallet wanted more. His selfishness was seen on the ice with how much he cheated the game to put up points. Fat Wallet was the captain and he was cheating the game. 
Thank goodness he said no to the contract offer (which was actually more than fair for a 3C) because Allvin found a sucker to dumperoo the elephant on. Now that club is stuck with Horfat Wallet and that bloated anchor of a contract. 
And we end up with Hronek. We win! 

that was well after the fact they offered him the RNH special.. like i said if someone offers me a pay cut for my work when i already exceed my salary? i'll hold bitter resentmen towards them regardless if i stay with them or not. yes like @IBatch they offered him more later on with 2 or 3 different offers.. but the 1st was insulting which led to horvat banking on himself and playing hard ball. i honestly doubt horvat was asking for as much as miller was during the summer as he wasn't worth that price tag. so how did he cheat the game to put up points? his blks per game is same as all other years.. his hit total is a bit down. his takeaway is on a higher pace than his previous season and hes taking even more faceoff than all previous seasons 70 point centerman isn't a 3c as much as you like to bash and insult horvat. don't give me the RNH crap as he's not even a center and got all his points on the PP with mcdrai.. and enough with ur horvat gets all his point on PP.. Horvat have a higher ratio EV/SH to PP production than Miller. 

The trade worked out OK for us and i'm not crying about it.. but the way he was treated by the current management during the negotiation is on par with boudreau and i believe his comments are more directed at the management then it was to the fans

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

that was well after the fact they offered him the RNH special.. like i said if someone offers me a pay cut for my work when i already exceed my salary? i'll hold bitter resentmen towards them regardless if i stay with them or not. yes like @IBatch they offered him more later on with 2 or 3 different offers.. but the 1st was insulting which led to horvat banking on himself and playing hard ball. i honestly doubt horvat was asking for as much as miller was during the summer as he wasn't worth that price tag. so how did he cheat the game to put up points? his blks per game is same as all other years.. his hit total is a bit down. his takeaway is on a higher pace than his previous season and hes taking even more faceoff than all previous seasons 70 point centerman isn't a 3c as much as you like to bash and insult horvat. don't give me the RNH crap as he's not even a center and got all his points on the PP with mcdrai.. and enough with ur horvat gets all his point on PP.. Horvat have a higher ratio EV/SH to PP production than Miller. 

The trade worked out OK for us and i'm not crying about it.. but the way he was treated by the current management during the negotiation is on par with boudreau and i believe his comments are more directed at the management then it was to the fans

You think that first offer is why Fat Wallet became so selfish on the ice and cheated the game to put up points? 
I don’t think fans should Boo the Fat Wallet. I think they should yell “THANK YOU” to him. His selfishness got us Hronek! 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You think that first offer is why Fat Wallet became so selfish on the ice and cheated the game to put up points? 
I don’t think fans should Boo the Fat Wallet. I think they should yell “THANK YOU” to him. His selfishness got us Hronek! 

again you still haven't pointed out how he is "selfish" on the ice.. shooting at a higher % than his average is selfish? every other stats defensively looks same as all other years with even higher takeaway numbers? and he still manage a +3 while playing the first couple months of the season with i refuse to play defence or backcheck Miller.. the first 3 months of Miller last season was atrocious defensively before he turned it around. 

also i really don't get your obssession with insulting other people with the constant name callings.. boo the fat wallet? bo horfat? that's why bullying, harassment still exist and so prevalent in our society because you guys think it's funny and ok to call people names, and the next generation will be like it's ok to call ppl names and make fun of it coz my parent does it all the time too.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, The Aquaman said:

Team is better without Horvat anyways. Hughes got the “C” because he is gone. Team is much better and has awesome chemistry so far. 

Keeping Miller over Horvat was a home run decision. 

Miller much more productive and has been pretty much a point per game player, since he arrived. Horvat scored more than 55 points once in his career,  last year. 

If Horvat was on this team right now and Miller wasn’t, I don’t think we would be this successful. 

Byyyeeeeeeeee Horvat.

Exactly why I don't feel a need to boo him.  The return for him was tremendous; Hronek has

turned out to be far better than anyone thought and Raty is becoming a real possibility as the

team's next 3C.

I like Bo and I think he's a good person, but I am grateful that our team has benefited so much

by his trade.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, D-Money said:

This.

Bo panned out into a good player, who gave the team a lot in return for drafting him, in years of service and a nice return in a trade. I’d much rather boo Jake Virtanen and Olli Juolevi… and Jim Benning.

Yeah Jimbo did awful, what a awful core, we should dump them and tear it down!!! What was he thinking? And we got JT Miller? Wtf? Trade him for a bag of pucks, he's useless!!! How could someone make such a terrible trade? Tampa must be still laughing! 

LMFAO! Unbelievable.. 

Oh and JV? Yeah at the time we needed a power forward to develop and a top 4 projected D too but ffs, JB didn't have a crystal ball to see the future?!! Damn him anyway!  

Chris Faber is that you? 

Edited by iceman1964

1 hour ago, iceman1964 said:

Yeah Jimbo did awful, what a awful core, we should dump them and tear it down!!! What was he thinking? And we got JT Miller? Wtf? Trade him for a bag of pucks, he's useless!!! How could someone make such a terrible trade? Tampa must be still laughing! 

LMFAO! Unbelievable.. 

Oh and JV? Yeah at the time we needed a power forward to develop and a top 4 projected D too but ffs, JB didn't have a crystal ball to see the future?!! Damn him anyway!  

Chris Faber is that you? 

Sorry, Jim…

…but you suck!

18 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think booing Horvat just shows how overly sensitive some Canucks fans are. So the guy made a misguided statement regarding Vancouver.

Why does anyone cling on to that and let it embitter them so much? You’d think fans would have thicker skin than that. 

For all the insults fans here hurl at other players and teams, they’re a soft bunch when it comes back 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Horvat called out a Vancouver management group with severe character issues.  No reason to boo him.

Actually Horfat Wallet made comment about the volume of fans cheering. He said it was louder on the island than here. Then he added his sad, “I’ll tell you that for free.”

We shouldn’t Boo The Fat Wallet. We should cheer that that elephant is gone. And we should doubly cheer Allvin (the great) turned The Fat Wallet into a superstar D man in Hronek.

Anyway, isn’t the King (which you clearly are; even my empties bow) a Krappen fan now?