[Article] Canucks: 'People should welcome and celebrate him,' says Quinn Hughes on Bo Horvat

RWJC

20 hours ago, Trebreh said:

honestly, this is the lasting memory I have of Bo in his last season with us. saw a 6'4 sergachev cold cocked 5'6 Garland and his instant response was to look at the ref.. not even an attempt to shove back the sucker puncher. 

He should have taken the penalty and clocked him right in the jaw. 

22 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

again you still haven't pointed out how he is "selfish" on the ice.. shooting at a higher % than his average is selfish? every other stats defensively looks same as all other years with even higher takeaway numbers? and he still manage a +3 while playing the first couple months of the season with i refuse to play defence or backcheck Miller.. the first 3 months of Miller last season was atrocious defensively before he turned it around. 

also i really don't get your obssession with insulting other people with the constant name callings.. boo the fat wallet? bo horfat? that's why bullying, harassment still exist and so prevalent in our society because you guys think it's funny and ok to call people names, and the next generation will be like it's ok to call ppl names and make fun of it coz my parent does it all the time too.

In Alf's defense he's consistent about any player that leaves the team, becomes the enemy.   It's, I believe anyways, done mostly in jest and good fun.    If we kept Horvat and traded Miller, i'm sure he'd have a nickname already and be a "treasonous bastard of epic proportions!".       Thanks for supporting Horvat, AJ and others too.   Wish we had a better defense, for awhile there, we had the best center depth in the league. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IBatch said:

In Alf's defense he's consistent about any player that leaves the team, becomes the enemy.   It's, I believe anyways, done mostly in jest and good fun.    If we kept Horvat and traded Miller, i'm sure he'd have a nickname already and be a "treasonous bastard of epic proportions!".       Thanks for supporting Horvat, AJ and others too.   Wish we had a better defense, for awhile there, we had the best center depth in the league. 

yes i know Alf is having his fun but sometimes it just gets annoying when it goes on and on and on. as for horvat, based on his latest comment about him feeling wanted and wasn't impress with how things went down etc.. his comment last year i'll say is 100% targeted at the management and not so much the fans as much as they want to believe it's targetting them. Horvat's comment and how they treated Bruce last season basically humiliating him and marching him out as a dead man walking.. you have to question how this management team treats and handle personel that are not their personal choice.

• Cheers 3

On 11/15/2023 at 5:30 AM, IBatch said:

Management said all along that the Miller deal wouldn't affect Horvats deal.   Take it for face value.   They offered Horvat what they felt worked, and bumped it up to a point that was their final number (3 offers were reported anyways).   After years of JB a doing these deals, shouldn't we be pleased?   The goal is to win a cup isn't it?  JT Miller good grief, fans need to stop lumping him into this, like it's his fault somehow.    Even the brass was surprised that he was open to such a lowball contract.     And even if it was "one or the other ", don't you think we kept the right guy?   Sure do.  Did at the time as well.    

Bruce played Miller with Horvat after his bad first 7-8 games.    Settled him down.   Two different coaches, played Miller ahead of Horvat for a reason.   Horvat was also really bad before the Bruce bump (on pace for 40 or so points), then exploded.   Miller was just keeping it up the best he could - then scored 99 points.    We absolutely, kept the right guy.     Good grief we'd be hosed if we signed Horvat at 8.5 x 8, and didn't have Hronek right now as well. 

More of the same.   Do agree is not classy to boo him and fans should show restraint. 

I agree with your post, and also what newly hired Allvin stated

Allvin knows he has some tough roster decisions to make in the months to come, with Brock Boeser needing a new contract and both J.T. Miller and Bo Horvat heading into the final years of their deals. And yes, the salary cap presents challenges.

“I you want to be a good team, there’s only so much you can pay for players. You can pick and pay one or two players a lot of money, but then you know, the team in front of you is not good.”

He made the right move away from the TML and Oilers model of the  cap spent on forwards

We not only moved Bo and got those great returns for him, while he was only ours for 2 more months and  to avoid paying $8.5 million for 8 yrs and start building working on our defense -We are seeing it already adding cheap quality depth without term, fitness and a expectations of players roles, letting picks grow in other leagues, making players accountable and play to a system and letting everyone from staff to players have a say and feel invested in the team

It feels good when they are able to make a move now, because you have the confidence that the large qualified staff fully debated the pros and cons before  doing it