CDC Yahoo Hockey League - Season 11

kj29

spacer.png

Welcome back to CDCYHL — Season 11!

The draft will be held on Sunday, September 29th @ 2:00pm PST. It will take approximately 30 minutes.

(Can everybody make it? I think Sundays should work well for most people — similar to last year's draft.)

Congratulations to @22Sedinery33 on his first-ever CDCYHL Cup! Welcome to the Champions Club 🏆

This marks the first time since 2019 that we have crowned a new CDCYHL champion, with convincing playoff victories over Jaku & Art Vandelay along the way.

With the upcoming season fast approaching, please post your 8 keepers anytime before Saturday midnight. Cheers to another exciting year of fantasy hockey!

@Scottish Canuck 2.0 @Master Mind @Art Vandelay @MikeyBoy44 (loser) @Jaku @22Sedinery33 @Jigsaw @SekaniCanuck @Blue @Viking

• kj29 changed the title to CDC Yahoo Hockey League - Season 11

Not to be a colossal pain in the ass… is there any chance we could have the draft later? I work until 4pm pacific time. If not I’ll just have to try and figure something else out. 

On 9/24/2024 at 12:15 AM, 22Sedinery33 said:

I have no problem with Sunday. Are we able to make the draft at 1pm instead? Hopefully that works for everyone else. I have work shortly after. 

On 9/24/2024 at 12:15 AM, 22Sedinery33 said:

I have no problem with Sunday. Are we able to make the draft at 1pm instead? Hopefully that works for everyone else. I have work shortly after. 

Well s*it I didn’t see this earlier. If it’s earlier in the day it also works for me 😂 I may just have to live with whatever works. 

1 hour ago, Jaku said:

Not to be a colossal pain in the ass… is there any chance we could have the draft later? I work until 4pm pacific time. If not I’ll just have to try and figure something else out. 

I’ll make your picks boss.😉 no worries.😂

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2024 at 2:15 AM, 22Sedinery33 said:

2 hours ago, Jaku said:

Alright, so one of you starts work at 2 PM and the other doesn't get off work until 4 PM... how should we all agree to a compromise between these two schedules?

If Jaku can attend the draft during his work shift, then I am completely fine with starting it at 1 PM. If not, then how much earlier in the day can we move the draft?

I am also pretty flexible with the timing this coming Sunday and would be able to make the draft if it were at 5 PM PST instead. Please let me know in the thread!

Edited by kj29

Hi I just recently joined.  It is my first time in this league.

The former team Halifax Blitzkrieg has been relocated and is now, Dynamo Bunk HC. 

Keepers are as follows:

Ovechkin

Bedard

Marchessault

DeBrincat

Tage Thomson

Vince Dunn

Forsling

Ullmark

• Huggy Bear 2
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hi I just recently joined.  It is my first time in this league.

The former team Halifax Blitzkrieg has been relocated and is now, Dynamo Bunk HC. 

Keepers are as follows:

Ovechkin

Bedard

Marchessault

DeBrincat

Tage Thomson

Vince Dunn

Forsling

Ullmark

Welcome!!! I’m in second year so still learning as I go!

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, kj29 said:

Alright, so one of you starts work at 2 PM and the other doesn't get off work until 4 PM... how should we all agree to a compromise between these two schedules?

If Jaku can attend the draft during his work shift, then I am completely fine with starting it at 1 PM. If not, then how much earlier in the day can we move the draft?

I am also pretty flexible with the timing this coming Sunday and would be able to make the draft if it were at 5 PM PST instead. Please let me know in the thread!

5pm pst would be fantastic for myself. But I also don’t want to handcuff Sedinery

Okay, so it sounds like there is more of a general preference for TOMORROW, Sunday, September 29th at 5:00 PM PST as the date and time of the draft. 😀

For those who haven't already, please post your 8 keepers in the thread. I hope to see all of you at the draft tomorrow (welcome to our newest member Blue)!

@Scottish Canuck 2.0 @Master Mind @Art Vandelay @MikeyBoy44 (loser) @Jaku @22Sedinery33 @Jigsaw @SekaniCanuck @Blue @Viking

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Blue said:

Copy that. Works for me. If not , I have my pre draft rankings done to avoid some of the players I don't like or find slightly over rated. 

I think Austin Matthews is a better fantasy asset than Pasternak. 

I don’t think that’s an unpopular opinion. Matthew’s should be considered to be a top 3-4 player in a vast majority of fantasy leagues. In redraft leagues he should be top 3 almost unanimously.