[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks // November 15, 2023

Rubik

3 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

Quinn said they had dinner with BO last night.. how? Isn't it against team policy to mingle with corporate competitors. Its highly frowned upon you'll never see a FB/Meta exec having dinner with Apple exec that's crazy.

This is incredibly normal in sports. Not at all against team policy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wing said:

I wonder if we're finally going to get some respect outside of Vancouver for our success so far. I'm still hearing some say they expect us to regress and crash hard. Well not today.

This is on TSN. They didn't even bother checking...

image.png.45433b5f9c8e29b8cf8e690d44fbd23b.png

You see what you look for.

I think clawing back in a game is a compliment.  It's says they were down 2-0 and came back to win. 

Clawing back isn't a bad thing it's a good thing. To me it says our team has the grittyness and the fight to come back and win after being down a couple of goals. 

I'm seeing lots of media talking great things about this team. Watched a segment on the NHL network about EP40 saying he's a 12+ million dollar player.. 

Lots of media calling Q Hughes the best Dman or/and best player in the NHL.

There's talk about Canucks being the best team in Canada.

So really it's ones perspective and how they want to see things.  

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

I may keep this as my phone wallpaper for a while…

Tied for top scoring, crazy.  Even crazier that one of them is a D.

640AF6CD-67B0-4B8D-AFFC-D767E2F712FA.png

I'm so happy right now.  

Gonna wear my jersey to work tomorrow.  

I told the local pub to smarten up and play the Canucks' game sound. 

We're coming back boys and girls. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

Quinn said they had dinner with BO last night.. how? Isn't it against team policy to mingle with corporate competitors. Its highly frowned upon you'll never see a FB/Meta exec having dinner with Apple exec that's crazy.

Quinn you are banned from seeing your brothers.

He will request a trade to NJ the next day.

2 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Canucks' post-game show is the best piece of Canucks programming on the air waves these days.  Props to Sat and Bic.  I love listening to callers call in, reminds me of the good old days on 1040. 

Good Old Days

CKNW 980 sports talk with Dan Russel

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

43 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Friedman played 9 minutes, Juulsen played 11.  That's actually very reflective of how well I thought those two played.  Juulsen was better then Friedman. 

Friedman was in the concussion protocol room for 5 minutes, though.   Hard to get icetime in the basement

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, JamesB said:

Blueger and Joshua in particular had the best expected goals differential on the team at 5-on5

Come on James, how are you gonna leave Garly out of that anecdote?  He was winning pucks all night for his line and was forechecking like a man posessed. 

Garly has been the best forward going for us over the last 10 games.  JT's had more finishing ability, and Mikheyev has been great, however Garly's single-handedly dominated 5 on 5 with either the 3rd or the 4th line.  

I did think that Blueger's 2nd game was much better then his 1st game back from injury.  If we get Suter back in the lineup, we'll be looking at the best center depth in the league.  

1. JT Miller 

2. Elias Petersson 

3. Pius Suter 

4. Teddy Blueger 

5. Sam Lafferty 

6. Nils Aman 

7. Sheldon Dries 

We really have 7 centers that I'd feel comfortable throwing into an NHL game.  

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2