[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks // November 15, 2023

Rubik

48 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Horvat + 2nd round pick 

for 

Hronek + Raty + 4th round pick 

I'm taking this deal all day, every day! 

Plus, you didn't even include Beau. People get down on him, but he has value. 

He's a UFA at the end of this year, so he'll be gone, but he's part of that deal too. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

No, I mean unpredictable, offensive zone at least. I've thought for the last couple of years, our offense has been really, "telegraphed". Teams were figuring out how to defend against us. We are firing from a lot more places on the ice now, shots are coming from everywhere, especially Hughes, he's shooting a lot more instead of just looking to setup a one timer. Teams are struggling to defend.

Ah, very true.   I suppose we could say the team must first be predictable to eachother... in order to be unpredictable to opponents. 😉

The powerplay especially. Finally some movement and new looks.  But 100% agree with you!

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Pretty bad game to be honest, turnovers everywhere, our D not looking great as it gets thinner, our PK was dreadful and our depth didn't do much but yet again, it's our stars, goalie and PP who save the day. Unreal performance from our top players. Demko looked bad at times but godly at times. Miller and Hughes with unbelievable games, surprising to see Petey take a step back lately (maybe because of his wrist) and now Miller's on a hot run, he might take the sole league lead soon. What a shot by Quinn as well to win it.

Tomorrow's going to be a tough b2b game, we should beat the Flames but I'm not sure how much energy we'll have left in the tank. Quinn played almost 30 minutes. Injuries starting to pile up too, this will be a tough stretch for us.

Totally agree. We were good enough to beat an average team. Tomorrow against Calgary will be another tell tale game.

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Friedman was in the concussion protocol room for 5 minutes, though.   Hard to get icetime in the basement

Was that after the hit that got penalized?  I think that was in the 2nd period?  

I really noticed him in the 1st period where the puck got dumped into our zone and Friedman skated back, kinda slowly, and engaged in a battle with the Islanders' forward where Friedman was lackadaisical, chose to poke at the puck instead of taking the body, lost the battle, and then rode the bench for most of the 1st period. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Plus, you didn't even include Beau. People get down on him, but he has value. 

He's a UFA at the end of this year, so he'll be gone, but he's part of that deal too. 

You're right, I completely forgot about Beau.  

Those two trades have been big time wins.  People that bow at the feet of Yzerman should be reminded of this trade if Detroit ends up missing the playoffs by 2-4 points. 

Anyways, it's been a fun evening with you Canucks fans.  See y'all tomorrow! 

• Cheers 2