[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks // November 15, 2023

Rubik

1 hour ago, AatuD2 said:

Come on James, how are you gonna leave Garly out of that anecdote?  He was winning pucks all night for his line and was forechecking like a man posessed. 

Garly has been the best forward going for us over the last 10 games.  JT's had more finishing ability, and Mikheyev has been great, however Garly's single-handedly dominated 5 on 5 with either the 3rd or the 4th line.  

I did think that Blueger's 2nd game was much better then his 1st game back from injury.  If we get Suter back in the lineup, we'll be looking at the best center depth in the league.  

1. JT Miller 

2. Elias Petersson 

3. Pius Suter 

4. Teddy Blueger 

5. Sam Lafferty 

6. Nils Aman 

7. Sheldon Dries 

We really have 7 centers that I'd feel comfortable throwing into an NHL game.  

You are right. Garland was very good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RookieFan said:

Quinn said they had dinner with BO last night.. how? Isn't it against team policy to mingle with corporate competitors. Its highly frowned upon you'll never see a FB/Meta exec having dinner with Apple exec that's crazy.

One bad take after another. You are on the roll today lol

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Possibly a stupid question, I know..but how do they determine the exact speed of the puck? Hronek 107mph slapper? 

Doesn't take rocket science to embed an accelerometer and wireless transmitter into a puck. Heck could be a cool weekend project for your kids. 

5 hours ago, 1-d said:

At least we have him for another couple of years

I know this isnt going to be popular but boeser doesnt drive play.  He needs others to do heavy lifting for him.  Miller is making his life easy right now!  Reminds me of anson carter playing with twins.  Wanted money, nucks didnt pay him and never approached those numbers again.  I think brock knows where his bread is buttered!! 

46 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Pinch me I am dreaming. I had to shut my computer off when I checked the stats over on NHL.com. Back online again after questioning reality for about 30 mins. 

Hughes, Petey and JT sharing the #1 spot in points and Boeser also in goals. Unbelieveable. 

chicken nipple GIF by happydog

consider yourself pinched ...I'm the same what an unreal start of the season, but the injuries have started, fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Cocanuck said:

I know this isnt going to be popular but boeser doesnt drive play.  He needs others to do heavy lifting for him.  Miller is making his life easy right now!  Reminds me of anson carter playing with twins.  Wanted money, nucks didnt pay him and never approached those numbers again.  I think brock knows where his bread is buttered!! 

Brock definitely doesn’t drive play, but he does pass well, sees the game well, most importantly knows how and when to get to that soft spot. So impressed with his improvements this year. JT and Brock have really been forming some chemistry and the Brock resurgence is found money imho. I had kind of written him off a bit and didn't see him as being able to elevate like this. Very, very happy for the guy, he seems like a really great young man.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Petey-Huggy-JT are 1,2,3 in NHL scoring and Brock is hovering down around #10. Tell me what the SN snoots would be doing if that were the Laffers? Canucks play a reall gut out game and it is 'crickets' on SN. Absolutely pathetic.

Joshua is blooming in front of our eyes. He had a fab game last night. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1