[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks // November 15, 2023

Rubik

6 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

Was at the game and I really thought we would lose after that first period  and not be able to solve their goalie. He seemed like a brick wall and was stopping everything. Dem had great moments but he was clearly out goalied by the other guy. 

Petey seemed off again. He looked sluggish and gave the puck away a few times. 

Miller was fantastic and Hughes was epic. These two were rocking it.

Felt good cheering for Bo when his tribute video came on. Although I didn’t like him as a Captain, he was a good player and did well for the community charity work.

Saw Petey lose it on some a hole fan who was taking photos or recording Kuzy while Kuzy was still struggling on the ice. Petey slammed his stick at the glass. Good for him.

Annoyed at some of the comments here that we should have not struggled to beat an average or below average team. Every team can win in todays NHL, no games are guaranteed wins. There are way too many variables and factors in hockey.

This was a hard earned win and they earned it. Good work boys!

Exactly. If you apply others people's logic then the Oilers and flames should lose every game from here on out because they are lower than everyone. Yet they are starting to win.

Every team can push for a win

Nothing much really needs to be said about this game.

The good teams find a way to win and the bad teams find a way to lose.

In contrast to last year, I'm glad that the coin has been flipped.

I'm also proud of the way the fans treated Bo.   

He deserved to receive a warm reception and the fans delivered.  

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Easy now. Sedins reinvented the game in some areas. They scored at will for years.

We have a group of good talented players, but it's unlikely we ever see a duo work the puck like the Sedins.

We can see the influence of the twins from time to time here still. I love that they are here as coaches.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Trebreh said:

I don't think Detroit accepts Horvat for Hronek straight up the way he's been playing for us.

Allvin/JR and our pro scouts did an amazing job with that trade. 

He'll no they don't. Not with Horvats massive contract. If it were the case today, it would be Horvat and 2024 1st round for Hronek.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

We can see the influence of the twins from time to time here still. I love that they are here as coaches.

Right. I was going to add that to my post but forgot. 

You do see some quick passing on the PP that is sedin'esk here and there. More often the guys flub it up though lol. The sedins were just magicians on the ice sometimes and I know we will likely never see that level of creativity again.

14 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Right. I was going to add that to my post but forgot. 

You do see some quick passing on the PP that is sedin'esk here and there. More often the guys flub it up though lol. The sedins were just magicians on the ice sometimes and I know we will likely never see that level of creativity again.

There's that dump in/board pass play as well.

I liked the quote from RT I think saying that the twins were coaching the "small fires" and helping individual players out of bad habits 

• Upvote 3

That was a classic example of a game that could have gotten away but the boys dug deeper and wanted it more then the opposition.

Kudos to Quinn JT and the boys for digging this one out.

I just want to go on record as saying that may have been Myers best game as a Canuck. On one shift he gave the puck to forwards i think at least twice maybe three times and they turned it over only to Have  Chaos bail them out.

Garland looks like a completely different player out there, That line is dangerous.

The power play looks very good. I would stay out of the box if i was any team playing them.

Now a few worrisome things

Cole putting that puck over the glass was ridiculous and he rushed it when he didnt have to. could have been a game killer for us. He was shaky a couple times but made up for it with the clear off the line late in the third.

Petey is obviously hurt. Hes not the same player. Hopefully whatever is bugging him can be cleared up here soon.

Demko has not looked great the last couple games. He got the job done tonight but hasnt been his dominating self. He has made some unreal saves but has been shakey a couple times on pucks that seem to get through him. and the giveaway that he had to scramble back in for was just plain awful.

Now we are winning. we continue to score. If we can keep the puck out of our net we will win more games than we lose. I dont know if we will stay at the top of the conference but if we can win at a 500 pace we will be there in April. Its a fun time to be a Canucks fan.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

There's that dump in/board pass play as well.

I liked the quote from RT I think saying that the twins were coaching the "small fires" and helping individual players out of bad habits 

Yes for sure. They were such calm collected players. Seems like we have a perfect balance to the coaching team right now.

Post game the other night they talked of Petey having something going on. Saw him coughing last night...wonder if he's sick?

Also....I wonder if Demko starts to feel pressure if his back up plays really well. Just a thought....maybe it gets into his head if he has a bit of competition? He's such a fierce competitor and he's just been a bit off as well. Maybe it toys with him a bit if he has someone stepping up.

• Like 2