OH

Ring cowbells 

Ring cowbells

Ring cowbells tonight

Oh what fun it is these days

To see the red goal light

Weird Alice Yankovich!

I love it!

I probably enjoy making goofy lyrics to songs a little too much. My wife gives herself headaches rolling her eyes at me.

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Post game the other night they talked of Petey having something going on. Saw him coughing last night...wonder if he's sick?

Also....I wonder if Demko starts to feel pressure if his back up plays really well. Just a thought....maybe it gets into his head if he has a bit of competition? He's such a fierce competitor and he's just been a bit off as well. Maybe it toys with him a bit if he has someone stepping up.

It crossed my mind too -  but even after 3 goals against last night his goals against is lower and his save % higher than DeSmith's. But he's now second in wins in the NHL, second in shutouts, and 7th in save % so maybe he is losing sleep over it and clutching the stick a bit tighter 

19 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Post game the other night they talked of Petey having something going on. Saw him coughing last night...wonder if he's sick?

Also....I wonder if Demko starts to feel pressure if his back up plays really well. Just a thought....maybe it gets into his head if he has a bit of competition? He's such a fierce competitor and he's just been a bit off as well. Maybe it toys with him a bit if he has someone stepping up.

I'm not worried about Demko. He has a sports psychology degree. If there's a goaltender that has his head on straight it's Demko. I think it's he's feeling more pressure because his teammates are doing so well. He doesn't want to let them down.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Darius said:

Hronek looks dynamite out there.  Blueger had a strong game too. 

ill admit I was one of the people that wasn’t high on the Miller signing, he’s surely changed my mind. He’s giving me prime Getzlaf vibes except with way more  offence - in the days when getzlaf would go out and absolutely physically dominate the opposition. These are the guys you win with and I feel bad I doubted management’s decision.  This management team is building a great track record with their choices. 

I'd call Miller a hybrid of Getzlaf and MacKinnon:  all their best attributes plus some of the nasty too, but better defensive awareness and smarter than either.  What we're seeing with Miller is really special.  Best and most complete player in the league. 

• Cheers 3

47 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Can't stop what you can't see!

He was 100% expecting a deke. He was way out to challenge and wasn't set for a shot. Hughes shot from way out mid stride. I was shocked at the accuracy and power from that far out. No one shoots from that far out on a breakaway. Kid is unreal.

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Quietly, Adam Gaudette has taken over the AHL scoring lead, with 17 points, dropping Bains to a tie for second at 16.  AB does have 2 games in hand, though (as does, Roy, sharing second place with him)

The only way Gaudette will have a regular gig in the NHL, is he follows Manny Malhotra's path and turns into a defensive minded 2 way centre. He might be able to score at the AHL level. But he struggles as the NHL level.

32 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I love this!

OK, and one for tonight......

Dashing to the snow

In a back to back they’ll play

Over the hills they’ll go

Laughing all the way

Deb’s cowbell will ring

Spirits will be bright

Oh what fun we’ll laugh and sing

Our team will win tonight!

Ohhh....

Ring cowbells

Ring cowbells

Ring cowbells tonight

OH

Ring cowbells 

Ring cowbells

Ring cowbells tonight

Pin that Deb!

49 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

These are two opposite statements. Demko is as good as he is because he doesn't shy away from competition. If anything, it will motivate him.

8 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

wasnt friedman hurt though for a bit?

8 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

I don't think so, but I could be wrong.  He had a really bad shift in the 1st period, and I thought that coaches cut him out early.  

I've been wrong though, and I could be wrong here. 

I think Shorty called it during the game.....after the high hit by Clusterf***, he probably had to go through concussion protocol.

Looking at the stats for the game, Juulsen played 3 more shifts than Friedman.

FWIW, their stats were pretty similar. (although giveaways weren't listed) Friedman with one hit and one shot block. Juulsen with 3 hits. The biggest difference was O-zone vs D-Zone starts. MF was at 75% O-zone, while NJ was only at 11%.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/202311150VAN.html

16 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

He was 100% expecting a deke. He was way out to challenge and wasn't set for a shot. Hughes shot from way out mid stride. I was shocked at the accuracy and power from that far out. No one shoots from that far out on a breakaway. Kid is unreal.

He was definitely looking deke all the way.  QH caught him flatfooted with a quick shoot from further out than most shoot on a breakaway

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

That would honestly make sense. He actually buckled down better the last period of the game. I didn't see him coughing. It would explain why he looks a little slower, and not shooting the puck like he normally does.