[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks // November 15, 2023

Rubik

32 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Perhaps someone highlighted this already........?

image.png.e7fcdbd312b0aee44c58402ea155ff26.png

Dropping it in because I don't think I have ever seen stats list having top three as Canucks.

Boeser tied for 1st in goals

Hronek tied franchise longest point streak as dman 11 games

Demko is currently leading the league in GSAA with 9.53 at all strengths and has the highest HDSV% .929

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That would honestly make sense. He actually buckled down better the last period of the game. I didn't see him coughing. It would explain why he looks a little slower, and not shooting the puck like he normally does.

You serious? Did everyone already forget the two massive saves in the first? Also his recovery after the puck looped around the boards and the NYI got off a quick shot. He also stopped i think 6 shots in the final 4 minutes to save this game for us. Maybe because it happens so regularly we don't realize how highlight reel Demko has been playing every game.

Demko has been playing lights out. Nothing wrong with him

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

You serious? Did everyone already forget the two massive saves in the first? Also his recovery after the puck looped around the boards and the NYI got off a quick shot. He also stopped i think 6 shots in the final 4 minutes to save this game for us. Maybe because it happens so regularly we don't realize how highlight reel Demko has been playing every game.

Demko has been playing lights out. Nothing wrong with him

I was talking about Petey sorry.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I was talking about Petey sorry.

Oh jeez. yes that makes more sense now that I reread the thread I randomly jumped in on! Disregard. (but also agree something going on with Petey).

I got jumped on in the Petey contract thread for suggesting perhaps there's some mental struggles happening and not physical. To me watching him play it doesnt look like a physical injury. Even watching him in the background when Boes scores, lately he is exhibiting the least emotion when we score. He barely squeaks out a smile.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Oh jeez. yes that makes more sense now that I reread the thread I randomly jumped in on! Disregard. (but also agree something going on with Petey).

I got jumped on in the Petey contract thread for suggesting perhaps there's some mental struggles happening and not physical. To me watching him play it doesnt look like a physical injury. Even watching him in the background when Boes scores, lately he is exhibiting the least emotion when we score. He barely squeaks out a smile.

Deb mentioned both, and I realized after I should have been more specific. All good.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, RookieFan said:

That's NOT how it works look at Ovi look at ANY NHL player like Tanev missing teeth you can't qualify for implants till end of your career.. 

You are giving up your youth and best looks for 15 years only to fix it at retirement when you are a beat up horse basically that draws no interest. Again I stand by my thoughts you will have a hard time pulling women with a bad smile. Open tik tok and see how much women care about hygiene in a man, his height and nice smiles with nice teeth is a MUST to have a chance with a beautiful woman.

So...... they care about hygiene, but not exercise. Dude, you make little to no sense. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

interesting to look at the full stats: https://www.naturalstattrick.com/game.php?season=20232024&game=20241

On paper we were dominant after the 1st, in real time watching it things seems a little less certain. 

I noticed as the 2nd began, the Canucks started climbing past the Islanders in shots, hits, and FO%. What a game.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

interesting to look at the full stats: https://www.naturalstattrick.com/game.php?season=20232024&game=20241

On paper we were dominant after the 1st, in real time watching it things seems a little less certain. 

IMG_1175.png.bebaf6da80cd14eef07b8988ed7d5088.pngIMG_1175.png.e2f0d242f329eb9eb4472fe06e230fe2.png

the boys are playing solid structured hockey in both ends. There has been a consistent and huge theme to almost every game. We take the slot, they can have the perimeter.

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

There was stretches at times that the Islanders were pushing. But Snatcher got better and better as the game wore on. Even defensively the team was working better more as the game progressed. What's funny is the players themselves at the 1st intermission knew they had to get going. Tocc didn't have to yell at them he just told them a couple of things to get better. When the players are responsible for their play, you know you have got good communication and teamwork going.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

There was stretches at times that the Islanders were pushing. But Snatcher got better and better as the game wore on. Even defensively the team was working better more as the game progressed. What's funny is the players themselves at the 1st intermission knew they had to get going. Tocc didn't have to yell at them he just told them a couple of things to get better. When the players are responsible for their play, you know you have got good communication and teamwork going.

maybe I just got nervous every time Juulson got near the puck. The stats page doesn't show the energy the ISL's were bringing. Just looking at the page you'd think it was a cake walk, but it was a scrappy win. 

Yep the accountability is there on the bench. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

I hope they can get away from These slow starts where they come back later in the game. This trait isn’t new to the Canucks. At least  it’s not happening as often as it used to. 

It wasn't too long ago we were considered as the Cardiac Canucks, when they seem down and out they come back to life and take over the game which they did last night. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland  dominated their shifts. I don't know what Tocc is doing with Joshua, but man he's getting the most of that guy. Garly is a little badger.

Agreed, that line has been awesome the last couple games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Agreed, that line has been awesome the last couple games.

Joshua may make mistakes. But he more than makes up for it by drawing penalties, and generally getting into the oppositions heads. If he could just improve his accuracy, he'd be incredible. He hits everything that moves too. And isn't afraid to dig after the puck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1