[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks // November 15, 2023

Rubik

9 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

EP40 is still not playing his best game..

He's not hard on pucks and seems to be dealing with some sort of issues.

Wait until he starts firing on all cylinders. As if things can get any better but it will when Petty starts playing his A game...

I just hope that his continued play doesn't delay his recovery. Hard to sit when things are going well (and when they aren't :classic_laugh:), but we want our Petey back to peak form ASAP

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

interesting to look at the full stats: https://www.naturalstattrick.com/game.php?season=20232024&game=20241

On paper we were dominant after the 1st, in real time watching it things seems a little less certain. 

This is going on for me too.

Its like the scouts dilemma: eye test or stats?

4 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:

Can y'all imagine if we made the Cup final this year, only to face Boston again??

We CANNOT face a major US market...we know how that goes...we need like Carolina or something where the fix MIGHT not be in. 🤣

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Deb mentioned both, and I realized after I should have been more specific. All good.

If I was to take a guess, and this is purely speculation. I would say Petey is affected by the contract negotiations. I believe he is aware of the canucks position (offer) and whatever that is isn't sitting well with him. Something like that would affect a guy. Not enough to make him play terribly, but it would take some of the heart out of the game.

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

If I was to take a guess, and this is purely speculation. I would say Petey is affected by the contract negotiations. I believe he is aware of the canucks position (offer) and whatever that is isn't sitting well with him. Something like that would affect a guy. Not enough to make him play terribly, but it would take some of the heart out of the game.

nah, that was all on his timeline right? he's the one who wanted to wait. 

he's clearly hurt, hasn't been shooting the puck all year. 

I personally wonder if he jammed his wrist attempting a one timer with his new, ultra stiff stick. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

Pinch me I am dreaming. I had to shut my computer off when I checked the stats over on NHL.com. Back online again after questioning reality for about 30 mins. 

Hughes, Petey and JT sharing the #1 spot in points and Boeser also in goals. Unbelieveable. 

I feel the same way. Could be a mass delusion.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Please guess again. 

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Post game the other night they talked of Petey having something going on. Saw him coughing last night...wonder if he's sick?

Also....I wonder if Demko starts to feel pressure if his back up plays really well. Just a thought....maybe it gets into his head if he has a bit of competition? He's such a fierce competitor and he's just been a bit off as well. Maybe it toys with him a bit if he has someone stepping up.

He could have what I have. Got sick over a month ago but this cough has still lingered. It’s brutal. Every day I think I’m getting a bit better but not totally gone. I can still work out but my lung capacity feels like it’s at 60-70%.