[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks // November 15, 2023

Rubik

11 hours ago, RookieFan said:

Kuzy has such a patented smile, if that's gone that's a harsh reality of playing pro hockey. 

A reminder to us all on dangers of the game. Losing your teeth like that is bad for health and your appearance and even yet getting noticed by the opposite sex it's going to be a lot harder to attract women with a mouth missing teeth just sayin.

Pay Day Money GIF

$$$$ Helps.... don't think Kuz will ever have any probs finding birds...

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I read an article from DET media saying this a few days ago. 

It was about how they gave us the best D pair in the NHL. Lol 

Passed on Quinn Hughes in the draft and traded us Hronek. 

And to top it off, waived Zadina, then terminated his contract. 

Absolutely fricken' brilliant! 😆

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, RookieFan said:

That's NOT how it works look at Ovi look at ANY NHL player like Tanev missing teeth you can't qualify for implants till end of your career.. 

You are giving up your youth and best looks for 15 years only to fix it at retirement when you are a beat up horse basically that draws no interest. Again I stand by my thoughts you will have a hard time pulling women with a bad smile. Open tik tok and see how much women care about hygiene in a man, his height and nice smiles with nice teeth is a MUST to have a chance with a beautiful woman.

You must be so very young......  Life doesn't end at the late 30ish...

Hygiene has nothing to do with your teeth.

Go down town, and see if you can find a single NHL player hanging out with out any bird... teeth or no teeth...

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Enjoy the W. We're not playing our best but we were still the better team and got the W.

This is starting to remind me of the Sedin years. We didn't play well some nights and still got the W and was a presidents trophy champion calibre team for a few seasons  

As a fan, I want to see them play hard every night especially because they are a young team and I want good habits engrained. here's a question. are we at the point where they can show up committed 100% for the games they absolutely need while still pulling off wins going 80% against other teams? Crappy thing is you don't want to go 80% and lose a game against a team you should beat. To their credit, it's only happened once this year which was game 3 against Philly. 

What I did not like was the past couple seasons when we were a bubble team and no showed 1 in 3 games. That is an inexcusable way to miss playoffs. 

• Jess unpinned and unfeatured this topic
1 minute ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Debbie Downer time! Kidding, but the team does need to stay focused on what got them here. Keep plugging away at the good habits and "staples". Season only gets tougher from here.

Vancouver is tied atop of the Western Conference at 12-3-1

Record vs teams above .500: 3-3-1

Record vs teams below .500: 9-0

Still lot of room for improvement if they want to compete in the playoffs.  But they are winning the games they should. 

Managing their losses well.  Setup well for a playoff berth for sure.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Cocanuck said:

I know this isnt going to be popular but boeser doesnt drive play.  He needs others to do heavy lifting for him.  Miller is making his life easy right now!  Reminds me of anson carter playing with twins.  Wanted money, nucks didnt pay him and never approached those numbers again.  I think brock knows where his bread is buttered!! 

I don't think that's it though. Ofcourse playing with an amazing player like JT will help but Brock worked on his fitness this summer. He looks noticeably faster and is playing great 2 way hockey. He's first in on the forecheck quite often now and is engaged in the board scrums. Then Millsy or PDG comes in and they win the board battle as a line. 

11 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Allvin & JR got a ton of shit for that Hronek trade, including our most prominent media (Drance, Taylor, Brough, exc.) but they deserve of a ton of credit for identifying a good player at the right age (25 when we acquired him) & making the move for a good price.

Even at the time the price was fair 'market value' for prime-aged potential Top 4 RHD (Ristolainen, Montour, exc).

Just wait until JR/PA have to re-sign them, and it'll be expensive... then they'll climb back out from under their rocks and start again...

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland  dominated their shifts. I don't know what Tocc is doing with Joshua, but man he's getting the most of that guy. Garly is a little badger.

I know you need the players too but man I'm so impressed with Tocchet.  He'd be the runaway favourite for the Jack Adams at this rate.  I don't know if its that he's learned from his past coaching experience, or that its just that his style fits really well with this team's kind of mix. Worked with Allvin to get in players he wants.  A combination of those? Whatever it is, he just has the perfect mix of tough guy / teacher for this group. The Boudreau era was fun, and maybe the team needed to loosen up and have more fun themselves at the time, but Tocc is the kind of coach that this team can go far with.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, coho8888 said:

Would you trade Hughes for Dahlin now?  I wouldn’t.  Not even for svevnikov.  He is fast becoming the best player from his draft class.

Complete game changer. To be honest, he is playing like a generational talent for defensemen. Don't remember a guy in my lifetime that is doing what Hughes is doing.  Him pivoting and walking the line and getting shots off or making a great pass. It's really insane to watch every night. We are honestly lucky to be witnessing this. The fact he added great defensive play on top of this is unbelievable. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

That is insane. Is he our representative for hardest shot?

Faster than Petey now

EP hit it harder at the all-star game.   And the hardest the puck was ever hit, is still Bobby Hull 120mph...with a wooden stick. 

Edit:  They used a police scanner. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I don't think that's it though. Ofcourse playing with an amazing player like JT will help but Brock worked on his fitness this summer. He looks noticeably faster and is playing great 2 way hockey. He's first in on the forecheck quite often now and is engaged in the board scrums. Then Millsy or PDG comes in and they win the board battle as a line. 

Agreed,, he has definitely improved his effort and is playing better..  i just hope that if he scores 45 or 50 he doesnt want 8 or 9 mill on next contract.   He is becoming a more complete player and can still work on his fitness and compete level but he is a complimentary player who happens to be in the right spot playing with a true play driver..   yes,, he does seem like a fine young man as well