[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks // November 15, 2023

Rubik

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He might take less than Hughes, but on a 1-2 year deal.  

I don't think either side would go for a 1-2 year deal. I'd imagine we'll see 4-8 years ~$7.5 +/-. Longer, probably more on the + side, shorter...on the -.

17 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

the only problem is what happens next year we can't pay Hronek more than Huggy. And if Pete's taking 11+ yadayada OEL buyout etc can we remain competitive?  

I already did the math on this, we are in good shape....

I think Hronek signs long-term at 7.75 to be under Hughes, but even if he's over, that's the nature of contracts and all players understand that. My lineup has Pettersson making 12 million, but going to be happy if he comes in at 11 Million, would call that a home town discount at this point.

Here's what I posted in the Zadorov trade group on page 26.

image.png.ea2a47caba237db566702cc22ed14954.png

Edited by VegasCanuck

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I don't think either side would go for a 1-2 year deal. I'd imagine we'll see 4-8 years ~$7.5 +/-. Longer, probably more on the + side, shorter...on the -.

Hard to say, he's rfa and he might be happy to go short to get to his real payday.  With the cap going up, I don't see him taking $7.5 

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

They exceeded their cap ranges yes.   But you have to go back and look at what they had achieved to that point MikeyD. 

Edit: Miller exceeded his cap range big time.  Do the cap percentages.   Luongo's deals were both massive.   Also look at the context back then.   It was going to be flat cap for awhile because of 2008-2009.  

Yeah but they all (aside from Luongo) could have earned millions more. Their production and play before their contracts was phenomenal and they were carrying the team at that point.