[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks // November 15, 2023

Rubik

Just now, Googlie said:

Interesting snippet ... Hughes was on the ice for all 7 goals

He played almost 30 minutes.

With injuries they'll rely on him a lot.

I'd try Hirose next game and take one of Friedman/Juulsen out.

I would probably look to add another defenseman if we keep trucking.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

That's NOT how it works look at Ovi look at ANY NHL player like Tanev missing teeth you can't qualify for implants till end of your career.. 

You are giving up your youth and best looks for 15 years only to fix it at retirement when you are a beat up horse basically that draws no interest. Again I stand by my thoughts you will have a hard time pulling women with a bad smile. Open tik tok and see how much women care about hygiene in a man, his height and nice smiles with nice teeth is a MUST to have a chance with a beautiful woman.

I agree and understand you.But that is sport they love and chose to play.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Ian "Chaos" Cole put his team into a deep hole early, and then snatched them away from the jaw of a defeat with his goal line save in the late 3rd. 

They still made a lot of mistakes tonight and if it weren't for our top 2 dmen Bo would still be crying in joy.

Cole cost us a couple of goals.

Happy that they were able to pull it off tonight - this Islanders team is actually a bit better than their records shows - makes tomorrow's back to back tilt against an energized Flames team not as "critical" so can go there and just play their game.  I think watching tonight, the D is still work in progress as the Islanders had some good looks especially late in the third - opposing teams are also sending their quickest players pressuring Hughes in defensive zone so hopefully RT + company can work on some alternatives.

The stats so far are great but the victories this year have been just as fantastic.

Best wishes to Kuz though and hopes he takes the necessary time with the recovery.

Go Canucks

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Definitely need Hirose or Wolanin. Our puck moving is too poor with our depth defensemen. 

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Hronek picked a great time to get his first goal, that was a Salo-like slapper. Sorokin barely flinched by the time it passed him.

And Hughes winner was a laser beam too, he changed the angle beautifully & Sorokin had no chance.

Even at 2-0 it felt like this team was still going to win. They battled hard all night. Great game tonight.

it was either 104 or 107.9mph either way thats impressive there have only been like 8 shots over 100 MPH this season

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Ian "Chaos" Cole put his team into a deep hole early, and then snatched them away from the jaw of a defeat with his goal line save in the late 3rd. 

They still made a lot of mistakes tonight and if it weren't for our top 2 dmen Bo would still be crying in joy.

3 minutes ago, KFAN said:

Cole cost us a couple of goals.

That's what I meant with the first phrase of my post.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Darius said:

Hronek looks dynamite out there.  Blueger had a strong game too. 

ill admit I was one of the people that wasn’t high on the Miller signing, he’s surely changed my mind. He’s giving me prime Getzlaf vibes except with way more  offence - in the days when getzlaf would go out and absolutely physically dominate the opposition. These are the guys you win with and I feel bad I doubted management’s decision.  This management team is building a great track record with their choices. 

Great comparison. 

JT is 90% of the Getzlaf in terms of passing/creating.  JT's a bit faster, but the rest of the game is dead on.  Not sure why I never thought of the comparison, it's dead on. 

BTW, Tocchet threw Hronek out there after Kuzy's injury, and it was a great call.  He said that he saw what the Isles were doing out there on the PK, and reacted.  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Probably Juulson, he didn't look great tonight.