[GDT] Vancouver @ Calgary, Thursday November 16th, 6PM PST

Lewlowned

4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Kuz and Soucy out.  We’re thin on the back end - I’d like to see Hirose in and one of Juulsen/Friedman out.  

Hughes-Juulsen/Friedman

Cole-Hronek

Hirose-Myers

at least gives you 3 pairs you can roll.  Then double up Hughes-Hronek if you need a boost.

Has it been confirmed that Kuz is out ... although I would be shocked if Kuzmenko would be available after a JT Miller slapshot in the kisser

Edited by Rocket-68

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Has it been confirmed that Kuz is out ... although I would be shocked if Kuzmenko would be available after a JT Miller slapshot in the kisser

When do they release morning skate info? 

What I saw in the game yesterday makes me think Kuz is out but all reports are that he is doing well. Now Ofcourse we have no idea what that means. Doing well like missing 1-2 games or well like playing tonight? 

7 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I haven't seen any reports of Westjetting anyone in from Abby, so I assume that either Kuzzy or Suter are good to go (maybe both)

I have a feeling that one team or the other will be blown out in this game. They waste us or we waste them and nothing in between. Markstom is either going to gun for a shutout or get scored on in the first 5 minutes. 

We are due to lose to a western conference team and DeSmith is due to have a bad game. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I haven't seen any reports of Westjetting anyone in from Abby, so I assume that either Kuzzy or Suter are good to go (maybe both)

IIRC Suter was just sick.. but they can always dress a D as a winger, too.  They had Hirose scratched last night.  

Not sure the rules around emergency call ups if you have a body available.

26 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I think Kuzmenko is back in tonight. What's wrong with Suter?

The way they're playing, the Canucks deserve to have 6 players at the All-Star Game. Too bad some teams have to send their so-called star players. 

Pettersson

Miller

Boeser

Hughes

Hronek

Demko

Be cool to see Petey and H-Bomb going head-to-head in the Hardest Shot competition.

I'm shocked that he's able to play tonight if that's accurate. If so, the guy has a REALLY hard head!

18 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

When do they release morning skate info? 

What I saw in the game yesterday makes me think Kuz is out but all reports are that he is doing well. Now Ofcourse we have no idea what that means. Doing well like missing 1-2 games or well like playing tonight? 

No morning skate today

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Rekker said:

What a player. And brings an element to the room and rink that every team needs, but is tough to aquire. Everyone that's played has had a guy like JT on their team. They know how these types elevate ever player

He's also leading my hockey pool right  now...they count hits and shots on goal.    

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Quinn Hughes needs 4a tonight to tie Bobby Orr for 239a in his first 300 games..

He's at 235a going into tonight's game vs CGY.

Wow.  Grew up with Bobby Orr considered the best hockey player ever and later Gretzky.   So.   Wow. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Last year at this point of the season the Canucks were 2nd worst in the Western Conference 

JR and PA are amazing.

I had been screaming and yelling for a decade on CDC for an executive like JR to be hired to take over the team. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Unbelievable 

Yep.   We've actually got a Norris candidate (front runner).   Finally.  And well it's was tough to watch Coffey and then Al Mac do their things, plus  Chelios almost single handedly destroy our hopes after 94.   Way before Lidstrom and his long bomb (not that me and my friends had a lot of hope then either).   QHs is like Bure but on the D.   To me the best player on the team right now which says a lot. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Quinn Hughes is at 235 assists with 299 games played. Can he get 5 apples today? Magic 8-Ball says, "its the Flames so there is an outside chance!" 

Go Canucks Go! To have a defenseman within spitting distance of Leetch and Orr is absolutely amazing!

image.thumb.png.eae46aabf99beb564ec7c369bbcc71e8.png

Its not even out of the question for him to tie or pass orr on this list. Im not saying it’s likely, but it’s definitely possible 

• Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Thats a small body said:

Its not even out of the question for him to tie or pass orr on this list. Im not saying it’s likely, but it’s definitely possible 

Orr was at another level.   Only Coffey approached what he could do with the puck.   QHs is special still.   And is bringing the mid 80's - mid 90's back, same with Makar.   It's really nice to see. 

Edit: As someone who watched Borque, Coffey, Housley,  Chelios, Al Mac, Leetch etc, it's really nice to see guys coming in that are producing like that again.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Thats a small body said:

He’s actually closer than the post last night game wasn’t included. Tonight is game 300. So he does have a good chance to pass Brian and tie Bobby 😀

In Hughes we Trust all others pay cash!

IMG_0841.jpeg