[GDT] Vancouver @ Calgary, Thursday November 16th, 6PM PST

Lewlowned

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Apparently they rolled it back to 100.4 mph but regardless... what a rocket!

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Or a Miller slap shot to the chin... too soon?

If Kuzer's out tonight, yes, much too soon 😛

53 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

the cope around the league regarding out team has been hilarious and unreal so far...

What exactly is the meaning of cope in this context? I haven't heard it used like this so am guessing it's like, whiney justification  or explaining it away?

More than anything, I really wanna see us kick the Lames' collective asses tonight. Not only for the obvious reasons but as payback for the thrashing their 'stars' gave our AHL roster in preseason AND to shove that down the throats of all who actually took that game and the result as some kind of barometer of how both teams would come out of the gate in the regular season.

I totally get the logic of the doubters citing B2B, travel and injuries but the opponents truly suck, also played and traveled just 24 hours earlier and did I mention they suck?

Off to a 7:30 pm yoga class so will have to do the 2nd half of game on PVR. Bring it home CFF!!!

Go Canucks GO!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Beau is a bit old for Calgary, at 26.  If they are tearing down to rebuild, they'll want 20yr old prospects and picks.  If we want Tanev and/or Zadorov it'd likely cost us Lekkerimaki and/or Wilander plus a pick or two

I know you're not implying we should trade these guys. But it's a HUGE NO from me. 

I want these guys to play on our team. 

Zadorov or Tanev are NOT worth throwing away such potential. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Dom said:

Why Karlsson? Bains has been outstanding... 

'Cos in that preseason disastrous game, Karlsson more or less held his own against NHL players, whereas Bains was an absolute no-show that evening

(p.s.  he wasn't dressed)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

I know you're not implying we should trade these guys. But it's a HUGE NO from me. 

I want these guys to play on our team. 

Zadorov or Tanev are NOT worth throwing away such potential. 

I 100% agree.  Look for some suckers (Leafs anyone?) to belly up to the bar though with an offer Conroy can't refuse

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I hate this kind of prediction, no team is easy to beat. OK maybe SJ but even they seem to manage now occasionally. 

These are the games we used to struggle with, playing down... after the last Sharks game I hope the team is over that and are ready to demolish these teams

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I 100% agree.  Look for some suckers (Leafs anyone?) to belly up to the bar though with an offer Conroy can't refuse

Exactly. Tanev is getting older and he was always injured here. 

Zadorov, although BIG, isn't worth sacrificing our future. He's the Flamers 3rd pairing LD. 

If Willander and Bruschevitz? or however you spell it, pan out, that's TWO outstanding RD. 

Plus, Lekkerimaki on RW. 

The Laffs or the Coilers would be the more desperate teams looking for D. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

And his record isn't good .....

DeSmith has a 0-2-0 record with a 3.47 goals-against average and .897 save percentage in three career games against the Flames

Yeah, but that record is BC

BC = Before Ian Clark started working with him.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2