[GDT] Vancouver @ Calgary, Thursday November 16th, 6PM PST

Lewlowned

2 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

He’s actually closer than the post last night game wasn’t included. Tonight is game 300. So he does have a good chance to pass Brian and tie Bobby 😀

In Hughes we Trust all others pay cash!

IMG_0841.jpeg

I guess the big difference is that orr had about 100 goals in that time compared to hughes 32, but its still freaky good

14 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

He’s actually closer than the post last night game wasn’t included. Tonight is game 300. So he does have a good chance to pass Brian and tie Bobby 😀

In Hughes we Trust all others pay cash!

IMG_0841.jpeg

The real question here, who calls him Q ball? Huggy dog? Where did these come from?

Love seeing him up there with the greats. He's been my favorite from the start. Feel like he's a bit underrated in the media for how good he is but that's just vancouver in a nutshell innit?

Hughes was drafted 7th overall in 2018. There were more teams than just DET that may have made a mistake. MTL and ARI were equally as bad.

IMO, in a re-draft, the Top 5 from the 2018 draft class:

1. Quinn Hughes

2. Rasmus Dahlin

3. Brady Tkachuk

4. Andrei Svechnikov

5. Noah Dobson

• Upvote 1

We're going to lose this game against the Flames aren't we. 

Late game, went into OT. This spells to me like a game where we just don't have the legs to keep up with Calgary tonight. 

I would not be mad if we lost tonight. Hell of a game we played last night to come back from 0-2 deficit and win. 

Gotta sign Quinn to a life time contract when this current deal expires. I hope he stays in blue and green forever

• Cheers 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Late game, went into OT. This spells to me like a game where we just don't have the legs to keep up with Calgary tonight. 

I would not be mad if we lost tonight. Hell of a game we played last night to come back from 0-2 deficit and win. 

I mean Calgary is about 2 hrs with taxi and landing.  It's practically a home game.  That said it is a back to back.  But I liked that our 3rd/4th lines were rolling over a lot last night.  Hughes and Hronek may have heavy legs this morning, but I expect them to shake it off and have a good game.

5 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Hughes was drafted 7th overall in 2018. There were more teams than just DET that may have made a mistake. MTL and ARI were equally as bad.

1. Quinn Hughes

2. Rasmus Dahlin

3. Brady Tkachuk

4. Andrei Svechnikov

5. Noah Dobson

There are probably still a few holdouts on putting Hughs #1 in 2018 and they should be mocked 

48 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yep.   We've actually got a Norris candidate (front runner).   Finally.  And well it's was tough to watch Coffey and then Al Mac do their things, plus  Chelios almost single handedly destroy our hopes after 94.   Way before Lidstrom and his long bomb (not that me and my friends had a lot of hope then either).   QHs is like Bure but on the D.   To me the best player on the team right now which says a lot. 

I loved Chelios. One of my favorite players in the 80s. 

Ya feels great being a Canucks fan right now. No one predicted anything close to this. That's what makes it even more exciting.  

• Like 3

Nice to see us in the top 3 overall, would be nice to string a few with wins and MTL, Bolts, or Panthers take the B's down or all 3 and Vegas losing as well but that's asking a lot but we'd be on the top of the heap. 

We need to water the flames tonight but in a back to back, who knows, we didn't look too bad in the last one.

Still waiting to see our A game, I think that might happen in a few weeks or more, probably when Soucy is back I imagine, hard to say, but every game is chance to hone what we're doing in practice and we need it, we can't keep spotting the first period to opponents. 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

1. Quinn Hughes

2. Rasmus Dahlin

3. Brady Tkachuk

4. Andrei Svechnikov

5. Noah Dobson

I agree 98%. I would almost say that Hughes and Dahlin are interchangeable as Dahlin is THAT good.

58 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Last year at this point of the season the Canucks were 2nd worst in the Western Conference 

JR and PA are amazing.

I had been screaming and yelling for a decade on CDC for an executive like JR to be hired to take over the team. 

I think its Allvins team.  JR is just around for the old boys club contacts. 

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think its Allvins team.  JR is just around for the old boys club contacts. 

JR is the man. He's the one who hired Allvin and had as much input into Tocchet being coach as anyone else. JR is the boss. He's the one with 3 Stanley Cups with 2 different teams and had Alvinn as assistant manager in PIT.

Obviously PA is doing a great job. But JR is the main character. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Gotta sign Quinn to a life time contract when this current deal expires. I hope he stays in blue and green forever

Nope. Not losing. Petey breaks out of his 'slump' and scores a hatty. Hogs scores a goal. Canucks on them early. Flamers are coming off a road trip.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Nope. Not losing. Petey breaks out of his 'slump' and scores a hatty. Hogs scores a goal. Canucks on them early. Flamers are coming off a road trip.

And Huggy with 5 apples

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I have a feeling that one team or the other will be blown out in this game. They waste us or we waste them and nothing in between. Markstom is either going to gun for a shutout or get scored on in the first 5 minutes. 

We are due to lose to a western conference team and DeSmith is due to have a bad game. 

And you are due for a positivity meeting with your councillor……

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Last year at this point of the season the Canucks were 2nd worst in the Western Conference 

JR and PA are amazing.

I had been screaming and yelling for a decade on CDC for an executive like JR to be hired to take over the team. 

Thank you for your foresight, your goal star is in the mail.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1