[GDT] Vancouver @ Calgary, Thursday November 16th, 6PM PST

Lewlowned

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

We're going to lose this game against the Flames aren't we. 

Late game, went into OT. This spells to me like a game where we just don't have the legs to keep up with Calgary tonight. 

I would not be mad if we lost tonight. Hell of a game we played last night to come back from 0-2 deficit and win. 

Gotta sign Quinn to a life time contract when this current deal expires. I hope he stays in blue and green forever

Typically this would be the type Of game where canucks have a let down game but I'm hoping it's different this year. I keep thinking our guys find a new way to rise to the challenge and test their limits this year. I feel like RT is teaching them that their limit is a lot higher than they previously thought so he's getting them to push through it. 

What a statement it would be if the canucks came out hard and ran the Flames out of their own building tonight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Quinn Hughes is at 235 assists with 299 games played. Can he get 5 apples today? Magic 8-Ball says, "its the Flames so there is an outside chance!" 

Go Canucks Go! To have a defenseman within spitting distance of Leetch and Orr is absolutely amazing!

image.thumb.png.eae46aabf99beb564ec7c369bbcc71e8.png

Holy crap that's good company 

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

The more I think about this, this game could end up giving Casey a sunburn on the back of his neck. The defense is hurting, they gave it a lot last night, they had to travel, back to back. 

This is a game to see what sort of jam there is but if they lose this, it will make sense. 

Dunno, I don't see much of a line advantage for Cowtown with last change. They won't see much of our 4th line tonight.

9 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

The more I think about this, this game could end up giving Casey a sunburn on the back of his neck. The defense is hurting, they gave it a lot last night, they had to travel, back to back. 

This is a game to see what sort of jam there is but if they lose this, it will make sense. 

Yes all the excuses are already built in if they lose. 

Im hoping this year's team shows us some "jam" as you say and surprise us with their will to fight through it. 

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Holy crap that's good company 

Yes, yes it is. One stat I have tried to find but no luck so far is how many of Bobby Orr's assists were 1st or primary assists versus the secondary ones.

I would hazard a guess that Bobby collected about 70% of overall total as primary assists. Anyone know the answer?

19 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Typically this would be the type Of game where canucks have a let down game but I'm hoping it's different this year. I keep thinking our guys find a new way to rise to the challenge and test their limits this year. I feel like RT is teaching them that their limit is a lot higher than they previously thought so he's getting them to push through it. 

What a statement it would be if the canucks came out hard and ran the Flames out of their own building tonight. 

17 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

giphy.gif.b805433c49621611bb6d43168a1b8fcb.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Honestly during pregame last night I had a bad feeling about the game. First game back from road trip. Emotional Horvat. NYI's on a skid. I was certain canucks would lose that one. Once down 2-0 I was 100% accepting our fate. Now seeing them turn that around into a win, I'm confident for tonight.

Canucks are overdue to start a game well and set the tone. I think it was the Dallas game the last time the Canucks really controlled from the start.

Really hoping the boys come out hard and just keep grinding away.

5-2 Canucks. Keeping with a familiar score

Edited by JayDangles
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I agree 98%. I would almost say that Hughes and Dahlin are interchangeable as Dahlin is THAT good.

I would've agreed with you last year, but I think this year, Hughes has probably stepped ahead of Dahlin.

• Cheers 3

Looking at Calgary’s heat maps…. I started look at each game and realized well they had lots of losses, so then I looked at only at their wins and realized what I already knew… Calgary sucks 🤣🤣🤣🤣

They are struggling to get in close to the net and generate multiple chances in and around the slot/goal crease. That being said lets not take our foot off the throttle