[GDT] Vancouver @ Calgary, Thursday November 16th, 6PM PST

Lewlowned

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We are also one Hughes injury away from being in big trouble. You do know that right?

That could literally be the case for any team in the league if there top player goes down…

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I mean if you watch the 2 second segment before the puck went in, you see that there's two Flames directly in front of Juulsen, with Juulsen's back right up against the blue paint.  

Tough to blame that one only on him. Also, the puck goes right through DeSmith. 

I’m not a pro hockey player but shouldn’t the primary role of a defender make sure forwards don’t gobble up the puck after your goalie stops it? I’m more concerned about the Flame who got in behind DeSmith which evidently led to that goal.

Edited by Grandmaster

1 minute ago, hockeyville88 said:

Tree and lights went up November 12

Hehehe, my waifu asked for the winter lights on the 1st and I asked if she could wait until after Remembrance day...she waited till today to bring it up again. I said I will do it, you don't have to remind me every month till 2024...lol.

3 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

Back to backs with travel involved has got to be hard. Even though it’s a short flight, they probably didn’t get into Calgary till very late last night and it probably messes with their sleep and their routine

Probably not sleeping until 3am local time

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Fair, but still less than half the team is legit NHLers.  They are an absolute joke of a franchise.

Most teams have some AHL players after the top 3 D men. Or they have old players like Vlasic who should be AHL players

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We need another top 4 D even with Soucy healthy. 

Season is long and wear and tear adds up. 

Ship out Beauvillier, 2024 1st and a prospect for a legit top 4 RHD that's younger then 28.  We're gonna need one for next year regardless. 

Just a thought but maybe keep Garland on the 3rd line with Joshua... you know... where there was lots of chemistry...

Then maybe move a guy like Beauvillier back onto the top line with Mikheyev and Petey... you know... where we also saw chemistry...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

This is a brutal game. Calgary has no skill and they are just shadowing us and not allowing for any flow. It’s that stifling defense they’ve always played for so many years and it’s so boring

I hope the Canucks can make a game of this one  - but this is exactly the type of hockey I expect to see as the season progresses especially into February March so might as well get use to it now - Yes teams can make adjustments on weakening out strengths but we can also do the same - time for RT + company to make some in-game adjustments and test out a few things tonight if it continues not to going well. 

The two points from last night seem large now - mulligan for this game.  Lets see if anyone on the third-fourth line players can step up in the third period as I think we need their help tonight.

Go Canucks