[GDT] Vancouver @ Calgary, Thursday November 16th, 6PM PST

Lewlowned

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Hughes was drafted 7th overall in 2018. There were more teams than just DET that may have made a mistake. MTL and ARI were equally as bad.

IMO, in a re-draft, the Top 5 from the 2018 draft class:

1. Quinn Hughes

2. Rasmus Dahlin

3. Brady Tkachuk

4. Andrei Svechnikov

5. Noah Dobson

It's for sure early yet.  But that's the way i'd do it too.   Close for 2-3 though. 

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

You have my condolences.

Must be tough being part of the resistance in enemy territory. 🍺

I managed/survived 4.5 years in Calgary.   I got tired of shoveling snow in the winter so we moved to California, in February.  The four April's I was in Calgary (the Keenan era) they missed the playoffs.  As soon I moved to California they started making the playoffs regularly.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Thats a small body said:

Its not even out of the question for him to tie or pass orr on this list. Im not saying it’s likely, but it’s definitely possible 

And Orr was kept off the scoresheet in game 301, so HuggyBear has 2 games to get 5 apples and have most D-points after 301 games

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

I managed/survived 4.5 years in Calgary.   I got tired of shoveling snow in the winter so we moved to California, in February.  The four April's I was in Calgary (the Keenan era) they missed the playoffs.  As soon I moved to California they started making the playoffs regularly.

I'm seriously thinking about driving down to Santa Monica for four months to get the hell out of the winter up here. Haha! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

Flames really need to find a way to stop Hughes tonight if they want to win.

Quinn been taking over games and playing like a Hart shoe in, Calgary needs to focus on him as much possible.

Wouldn't be surprised if they did just that, Hughes was heavily played last night expecting Calgary to smother him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

Flames really need to find a way to stop Hughes tonight if they want to win.

Quinn been taking over games and playing like a Hart shoe in, Calgary needs to focus on him as much possible.

The Flames would be the kind of team to take Hughs's number and run him all night till he gets bruised up or injured. 

1 hour ago, 5forFighting said:

The more I think about this, this game could end up giving Casey a sunburn on the back of his neck. The defense is hurting, they gave it a lot last night, they had to travel, back to back. 

This is a game to see what sort of jam there is but if they lose this, it will make sense. 

And his record isn't good .....

DeSmith has a 0-2-0 record with a 3.47 goals-against average and .897 save percentage in three career games against the Flames

Honestly any fan with a keen sense of the game will realize this should be a off night for VAN. They got a banged up squad and need to team manage minutes to avoid injuries.

Letting Calgary win this with minimum effort or injuries on our side is actually a smart move. In chess you must give up pieces from time to time to advance the board, this needs to be a slotted L for Van to be smart about total season.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

The Flames would be the kind of team to take Hughs's number and run him all night till he gets bruised up or injured. 

And Juulsen, Cole, Myers, or Friedman would be good to pair with him for a shift to put an end to that nonsense. Not to mention Miller and others would be more than happy to return the favor. I like that the team has a more defined edge to it now.